• Replies 37.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• eFestivals

• FloorFiller

• Matt42

• Rose-Colored Boy

Fleetwood instead of orbison?? Dear God.

All the best moments on the Wilbury album are when the big o is singing - apart from tweeter and the monkeyman - and the second album is seriously lacking cos he is.

Can't really argue with that, but can't really bring Orbison back either....

The remaining members of the Wilburys with anyone who's big enough to step on stage with them would be great...all the talk about Macca and the Mac made me think why not them...why wouldn't they want to do it?!

Would also get around their exclusivity at other fests...

It's been said that Dylan doesn't do big open air stages anymore, but he wouldn't be on his own..

There's been talk of Lynne's return since that ELO gig in Hyde Park..

Tom Petty finished his own tour last December..

They are all available...just need good ol' Chris to talk them into it!

....and to promise not to come on stage or at least not with an instrument or a microphone...

Can't really argue with that, but can't really bring Orbison back either....

The remaining members of the Wilburys with anyone who's big enough to step on stage with them would be great...all the talk about Macca and the Mac made me think why not them...why wouldn't they want to do it?!

Would also get around their exclusivity at other fests...

It's been said that Dylan doesn't do big open air stages anymore, but he wouldn't be on his own..

There's been talk of Lynne's return since that ELO gig in Hyde Park..

Tom Petty finished his own tour last December..

They are all available...just need good ol' Chris to talk them into it!

....and to promise not to come on stage or at least not with an instrument or a microphone...

Part of me thinks George Harrison would fucking hate it if Paul Replaced him in the willburys. he'd be spinning in his grave. George always felt paul held him back

ME's quote from the V&A are doing the rounds now with the Guardian (festival's media partner) reporting it.

http://www.theguardian.com/music/2015/apr/23/final-glastonbury-headliner-two-british-artists-michael-eavis

Interesting suggestion of NGHFBs subbing as a 'headliner'

HaHa the Guardian have been reading the headliners thread again!

still think NGHFB then a mini oasis re-union could be a go-er, no idea how they would advertise that on the poster tho

Yea its a possibilty! Maybe High flying birds with liam coming on for an oasis encore?

Been rumours lately they have made a gentlemans agreement. and neither have commented on the speculation!

Edited by Bonehead> Clapton

Although maybe the 'two headliners' could be a reference to NGHFB and Beady Eye (although I know they no longer exist) joining to form Oasis again?

To be fair, Glastonbury would be the perfect place to announce to the world that they've put their differences aside before announcing comeback shows?

Who even knows / cares anymore ?!

To save time here are the next few pages of this thread of the Oasis rumours take off

- loads of comments about how Oasis sound terrible.
- Video proof of how they sound terrible
- some people insisting they saw them and they were alright
- some insulting comment about 'lads', stereotyping them as idiot thug football fans
- Baggys4LiamnNoel posts how he just saw Liam in the shops buying a bag of beef monster munch and he said it's 110% happening.

Right, can we move on now?

Edit: forgot the one usual nutter suggesting 'I just can't see *insert massive band* playing the Pyramid'

Edited by FrancisH

To save time here are the next few pages of this thread of the Oasis rumours take off

- loads of comments about how Oasis sound terrible.

- Video proof of how they sound terrible

- some people insisting they saw them and they were alright

- some insulting comment about 'lads', stereotyping them as idiot thug football fans

- Baggys4LiamnNoel posts how he just saw Liam in the shops buying a bag of beef monster munch and he said it's 110% happening.

Right, can we move on now?

Edit: forgot the one usual nutter suggesting 'I just can't see *insert massive band* playing the Pyramid'

Don't be silly. He's quite obviously a pickled onion man.