Acid_Haze

Another Tweet about the resale just came through. We're definitely getting nothing until after the 19th at the earliest.

Might as well go and do some work.

Work? what is this mysterious thing you call work?

• Replies 37.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• eFestivals

• FloorFiller

• Matt42

• Rose-Colored Boy

I hope they are true! Big fan of him and Them so I would love to see him. How's his vocals these days?

Like most artists that are getting on in years he's adapted his vocals, so he sings in a lot lower key than when he did in the early days with Them etc. He also tends to scat a lot especially on the higher notes he can't reach. On his day he can be brilliant and he does tend to perform better with other artists accompanying him. I know Mr Eavis is a massive fan and is always side of stage whenver he performs at Glasto. Also heard a rumour that VTM insists on being picked up at the train station personally by ME and ME is happy to do so!

On a side note, who do we think/know will be headling Other on Fri/Sat night?

Hi as i said in my previous post, i met the Vaccines last night and their lead singer said they are booked onto the Other stage for Friday night. I dont think they're big enough to headline but could be Sub / 3rd down?. Apart from that, not a clue....... Just throwing out a random thought, has anyone considered if My Chemical Romance will reform? if they did would they be headliners?

Strokes have said they're not doing Glastonbury.

Has a Reading headliner ever headlined the Other in the same year? Still think the Libertines are a good bet for Friday morning though.

Weren't they meant to play the secret slot last year and couldn't get there in time so Kaiser Chiefs stepped in? Could be a vicious rumour but that's what I heard

Edited by pentura

Don't think he's ever played Glastonbury.

He's been playing live almost non stop since about 2007 now though and would be perfect for a headline slot on the Acoustic Stage or an afternoon slot on the Pyramid. Think back to Willie Nelson a few years ago.

As for Supertramp, he fell out with them when they reneged on a gentleman's agreement to not perform his songs at their live shows.

They still play his hits and they form about 30% of the set which is a shame really as Rick Davies has some great songs himself and Mark Hart who sings Roger's songs is a woeful singer.

Hodgson has started playing festivals too and does have a Glasto shaped hole in this summer's schedule.

I'm crossing my fingers in hope.

That is a strong shout. Those dates run with 1 to 2 days in between dates. A very suspicious 3 day gap during the big weekend. I'd put money on it.

My mate decided against getting a ticket for this year's festival and he will be gutted if his name appears on the lineup. Massive Supertramp fan.

Edited by tezshields