• Replies 37.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• eFestivals

• FloorFiller

• Matt42

• Rose-Colored Boy

Glastonbury don't have the money to get Daft Punk to do a one off festival performance. i imagine festivals like Coachella have thrown millions their way to no avail

Yep, I would say that's probably right. Just thinking of a few names to throw in there. It just seems there's so much mystery that there might be a spanner in the works.

Yep, I would say that's probably right. Just thinking of a few names to throw in there. It just seems there's so much mystery that there might be a spanner in the works.

the most likely outcome for that spanner in the works would be Prince (in fact, one of the main reasons his name is now being brought up is because of all the mystery surrounding the final headliner). or it could just be Florence and we're all blind to it because of Emily's interview. but hopefully not the latter. what an anti-climax that'd be

My favourite is when people throw in someone, saying it will be them, but actually they're not very good/completely unsuitable - and then from there the humour arises. The likes of 'I hope it's.. S-Club 7/Five/The Bay City Rollers'.

People have been pulling this crazy sh1t for years - and it never fails to make me laugh!

The fact we are resorting to prince by process of elimination means it's gotta be florence...

No criticisms to neil but I have a feeling the fact he depsises her has led him to chase more info suggesting she's not playing than she is :P

Does he have any info on her other than Emily's word? I think he just put more faith in that than some of us did.

Edit: I've also seen no more hatred of Florence from him that any other potential headliner.

Edited by Will-2609

The fact we are resorting to prince by process of elimination means it's gotta be florence...

No criticisms to neil but I have a feeling the fact he depsises her has led him to chase more info suggesting she's not playing than she is :P

the flo info I've got is exacty the same as everyone else's, those filmed/heard/read words of Emily's.

Emily categorically states that Flo isn't headlining, so unless Emily has decided to tell porkies Flo isn't headlining.

Does he have any info on her other than Emily's word? I think he just put more faith in that than some of us did.

I don't want to criticise neil, but lining her up as likely for Bestival was completely his doing - which was later proved not true. He's been very verbal in the fact he doesn't like her, and I'm sure he probably wouldn't actively go looking for florence info to see if she was headlining.

Yes the interview was (and still is) the only time where we've been told she wasn't headlining.

I was doubting if Florence was heading or not then I reread Emily's quote rather it being paraphrased and it seems pretty clear she isn't:

"Everyone has said it's someone, but sorry about that, it's not Coldplay."

The same goes Florence Welch. "She started on the smaller stage, and now she's worthy of the headliner slot," says Eavis. "I think she's great, I can't give anything away. She's not going to be headlining, but she could be."

:

I don't want to criticise neil, but lining her up as likely for Bestival was completely his doing - which was later proved not true. He's been very verbal in the fact he doesn't like her, and I'm sure he probably wouldn't actively go looking for florence info to see if she was headlining.

Yes the interview was (and still is) the only time where we've been told she wasn't headlining.

Him lining her up for Bestival was based on taking Emily's words as truth. He's also been very verbal in his disliking of Prince but has said (I think?) that he's currently the most likely headliner. You're looking for things that aren't there, Matt.