Download 2015

dentalplan

Because faith no more, motley crue are much bigger sellers / pulls for 2015?

If they play R&L they will probably be 3rd down on the Main Stage.

Are you serious....

http://www.metalsucks.net/2014/11/11/refused-taking-advice-working-new-album/

And I expect they'd sub third or headline second stage.

That poster has been on the Download forum before, In the fake poster thread im sure months ago

I'm not too sure if I want a new album from them, The Shape is a perfect final album but at least there is the possibility of more shows. Also do you mean sub 2nd and headline 3rd ;)

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe subbing was a bit too big of a claim, but if they were playing they'd probably be 3rd down MainStage.

They certainly are playing 3rd down main stage at the foo fighters gigs.

Or bottom depends if your half full or half empty type of guy.

Edited by thetime

Someone on here a few days ago (can't remember who) said crue can't sub due to the size of the stage set up, so will be heading 2nd stage.

Has that been dismissed now?

Pretty much. Looks like what lightning posted, with them basically co-headlining, is correct.

Maybe subbing was a bit too big of a claim, but if they were playing they'd probably be 3rd down MainStage.

They're not as big with the Download audience as they are with the likes of R&L goers, so they won't get such a high placing. In fact, they might not even be back- they're more like one of those bands that gets book to fill out the undercard as they mark spark an interest with some of the crowd, but wouldn't get a look in once they start demanding bigger slots.

I'm not too sure if I want a new album from them, The Shape is a perfect final album but at least there is the possibility of more shows. Also do you mean sub 2nd and headline 3rd ;)

Yeah something like that :P Hope they do play some more shows, their two Kentish Town Forum shows stick with me as two of the best gigs ive ever seen.

Anyone for Lamb of God headlining second stage against Muse to make up for pulling out last year?

Yeah something like that :P Hope they do play some more shows, their two Kentish Town Forum shows stick with me as two of the best gigs ive ever seen.

Anyone for Lamb of God headlining second stage against Muse to make up for pulling out last year?

I didn't see them because I didn't know who they were (may favourite bands back then included Paramore and YM@6 so don't have a go at me) but I'd love to see them

Royal Blood are the hype band for this country of the past year, you get them every year, now it depends if they continue to be popular like Muse or Arctic Monkeys or flop and fade away like so so so so many, Travis, Starsailor, Feeder so many bands come out get big quickly by a certain song, everyone wants to go see them then they loose interest and fail down festival bills faster than you can photoshop Kim Kardashian's arse.

I think they'll do alright, they have good crossover appeal which helps them. Didn't help Ash or Feeder though.

Royal Blood are the hype band for this country of the past year, you get them every year, now it depends if they continue to be popular like Muse or Arctic Monkeys or flop and fade away like so so so so many, Travis, Starsailor, Feeder so many bands come out get big quickly by a certain song, everyone wants to go see them then they loose interest and fail down festival bills faster than you can photoshop Kim Kardashian's arse.

I think they'll do alright, they have good crossover appeal which helps them. Didn't help Ash or Feeder though.

Agree entirely with this, I like royal blood and think they're a breath of fresh air, but will be seriously but pleasantly surprised if they manage to maintain the success on a 2nd album. I saw them after their first few singles at a gig early this year and they were good, but the hype since has stunned me, and I wonder if it's just the fact that arctic monkeys liked and got them to support them has carried this on. I think a lot of unsigned rock bands I have seen recently in pubs have better songs