Metallica....in the Mosh, will there be a mosh, not in the mosh?

Swine_Glasto2014

One day when i get a viking helmet i'm hoping it will make me as disproportionately passionate about something as penguin is about moshing.

And i would like to have as much spare time as her to pursue my creative writing.

That would be 'windmill cool'.

Edited by Woffy

• Replies 832
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One day when i get a viking helmet i'm hoping it will make me as disproportionately passionate about something as penguin is about moshing.

And i would like to have as much spare time as her to pursue my creative writing.

And so it was recorded in the annals of time that this was the day Woffy discovered his Power Costume

A Viking helmet matched with a pair of spandex pants would probably lift you to 'Super windmill Cool'

I have just dug out my Metallica tshirt that i bought At Monsters of Rock in the mid 80's, might give it an airing on the Saturday night and try and recapture my youth.

Is it still possible to mosh with a hip replacement?

the hysteria in this thread is incredible.....very few of you have any idea what your talking about

Y'know what, you're right. And that's part of the point. I'll take you at your word that the way you and your friends mosh is 100% safe and no-one ever gets hurt. But obviously there's a wealth of evidence that shows people have got hurt in mosh pits, or hurt bystanders, presumably from people doing 'bad moshing' or 'hardcore dancing' or other things in the pit, right?

But as you say, we don't know what we're talking about. And at the show, most Glasto goers will not know what they're looking at either. They won't know the difference between a safe mosh pit and a dangerous one. They won't know what to look for, they won't know what 'hardcore dancing' is, and they won't know how to tell the difference between someone who is being dangerous and needs to be 'taken out' and someone who is just moshing harmlessly. It's all going to look the same to them. And they're not going to know if they're stood next to Crazy Penguin's 100% safe mosh or something more dangerous.

All this frustration you have with people here that just don't understand your culture or how it works or know the difference between what's safe and what's dangerous. These are going to be the people stood all around you at Glastonbury. Do you see the issue?

Mr P, who's the we that will be calm?

Do all seasoned Metallica moshers have some way of recognising each other? Mason like trouser legs, bar codes on your heads?

Will you really be dressed as a crazy penguin?

One side of the argument has the very valid point that moshing on a large scale could cause problems given how packed the crowd at the Pyramid is. The other side has the very valid point that moshing has happened before at Glastonbury, including at the Pyramid (Pendulum) so all the scaremongering seems rather overblown (not completely invalid, just overblown).

Fancy just leaving it at that? :P

As I said earlier in the thread, there will be no more moshing to Metallica than there is for any other up-tempo headliner. I was at Download 2 years ago and didn't see one moshpit during their set and that was in a field with 80,000 rock and metal fans. Jumping up and down? Yes. Dancing? Yes. Moshing? None. Metallica are a heritage act in the rock scene these days with a lot of their fans aged 35+. This thread has gone on far too long.

• 3 weeks later...

as james hetfield stated its ABOUT TIME heavy music was represented at glastonbury and represented it was extremly well!

MORE IN THE FUTURE!

penguin out!

Did you catch The Men Who Will Not Be Named For Nothing on Thursday in the end? We'e bloody awesome too.

Mr P, happy to admit I was wrong and that your confidence in the moshing fraternity was well-founded.

Maybe there will be more rock at Glastonbury, which would be good.