Metallica....in the Mosh, will there be a mosh, not in the mosh?

Swine_Glasto2014

I very much like your posts so I'm glad you've said that. Are you going to either of the meets? I'd like to apologise for seeing Jon Hopkins at TGE while you were languishing elsewhere in person ;)

Honestly, I'll stop rubbing it in soon.

maybe.

I might go to the thursday one :)

• Replies 832
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh yes my friend my posts tonight have been incredibly serious!........, dude I stopped being pissed at the abuse and started laughing at the fools behind it a few days ago now......there will be moshing at glastonbury simply because there are heavy bands at glastonbury, itll happen for metallica, itll happen for royal blood, itll happen for anti flag....... and no amount of stereotypes, exaggerated bullshit and people claiming the moral highground based on a shit opinion of moshpits and moshers will prevent that......now lets all have a good time, get trashed and have fun....and you know what everyone deserves to do that without being abused for it......even us `moshers`!........such is my entire point. no other group of people attract such stick and belive me there are far more dangerous groups of people at festivals then us `moshers`.

I've no idea whether you work or are a student or whatever. But in day to day life are you so intense? You do need to relax, smoke some weed or something you know.

Ok.

Im ALMOST decided.

Im erring on the side of not watching Metallica and getting near the front to really absorb the gig as suggested by metal fans because this moshing lark does seem potentially dangerous, however slightly.

Different pro-moshers have different ideas as to what the 'rules' are.

So i may say nope and miss out on a potentially enlightening experience of seeing my first metal gig at Glasto...which could be great.

Ok.

Im ALMOST decided.

Im erring on the side of not watching Metallica and getting near the front to really absorb the gig as suggested by metal fans because this moshing lark does seem potentially dangerous, however slightly.

Different pro-moshers have different ideas as to what the 'rules' are.

So i may say nope and miss out on a potentially enlightening experience of seeing my first metal gig at Glasto...which could be great.

Get yourself along, i can't really see the 5 moshers that are going forming a credible mosh pit.

This topic is Top Drawer, it has been keeping me amused anyway.

I don't even know how this conversation has gone on for so long. I was at Download 2 years ago when Metallica headlined and I don't think I saw a single moshpit in a crowd of 80,000 rock and metal fans. Metallica are like a heritage band in the rock world now and at most you will have a bit of jumping up and down like every single headliner on the pyramid gets regardless of musical genre.

people can take the piss all they want in fact I encourage it as its fucking amusing in a way to see just how `off` some peoples idea of things they dont understand is..........but dont tell people not to do it.......and dont threaten people if I wish to do it........that is a big difference, and one which seperates those with an opinion from facist assholes with head up arse syndrome...........Im all for taking the piss, but im pretty much opposed to killjoys dictating to people how to act or at least trying to.........see where im coming from?

Except you've already dictated how people act and been a killjoy yourself. You've said anyone doing 'hardcore dancing' or 'dangerous moshing' will be 'taken out'.

And somewhere, on another forum somewhere, there's a guy called thatinsaneduck that is trying to explain that hardcore dancing is only dangerous if you don't know what you're doing, and he can do it safely, and no-one will get hurt, and anyone worried they will should just move away. And I think that guy is a dick as well.

I'm not trying to stop you moshing. I'm just trying to make you aware that doing so will piss off people around you, and ruin their experience. And that 'moving away' isn't much of an option near the front of the Pyramid.

And I'm trying to make you aware that you're no less of a killjoy than we are. Your attitude towards 'hardcore dancing' is exactly the same as ours is towards moshing. It scares us, when it kicks off near us, we worry we might get hurt. Yes, you know how to mosh safely and we won't get hurt, but that's also exactly the same thing the 'hardcore dancer' would likely say in response to you.

This ain't about moral absolutes, or fascism, or killjoys. There is no difference in our philosophical outlook here. The only difference is where we draw the line with respects to our own personal safety. If you're a big guy, then of course you'll feel safer around a moshpit than a small girl. But there is still crowd behaviour that would scare you. Try to understand that for other people, the moshing you do scares them. We have the exact same opinion about safety in crowds here, we just draw the line in a different place.

if ur there i will give u a propah hug

Aww thanks. Don't squash me though... I'm a bit small (in various departments, unfortunately).

I will hug back, but it won't be a proper mandy-infused-i-genuinely-love-you-and-everything-else-in-the-world-ever hug because I've been unable to procure any empathy-inducing chemicals. It will be a good hug though, promise :D

Aww thanks. Don't squash me though... I'm a bit small (in various departments, unfortunately).

I will hug back, but it won't be a proper mandy-infused-i-genuinely-love-you-and-everything-else-in-the-world-ever hug because I've been unable to procure any empathy-inducing chemicals. It will be a good hug though, promise :D

Will you two get a room already? This is meant to be the angry ranty thread!

Except you've already dictated how people act and been a killjoy yourself. You've said anyone doing 'hardcore dancing' or 'dangerous moshing' will be 'taken out'.

And somewhere, on another forum somewhere, there's a guy called thatinsaneduck that is trying to explain that hardcore dancing is only dangerous if you don't know what you're doing, and he can do it safely, and no-one will get hurt, and anyone worried they will should just move away. And I think that guy is a dick as well.

I'm not trying to stop you moshing. I'm just trying to make you aware that doing so will piss off people around you, and ruin their experience. And that 'moving away' isn't much of an option near the front of the Pyramid.

And I'm trying to make you aware that you're no less of a killjoy than we are. Your attitude towards 'hardcore dancing' is exactly the same as ours is towards moshing. It scares us, when it kicks off near us, we worry we might get hurt. Yes, you know how to mosh safely and we won't get hurt, but that's also exactly the same thing the 'hardcore dancer' would likely say in response to you.

This ain't about moral absolutes, or fascism, or killjoys. There is no difference in our philosophical outlook here. The only difference is where we draw the line with respects to our own personal safety. If you're a big guy, then of course you'll feel safer around a moshpit than a small girl. But there is still crowd behaviour that would scare you. Try to understand that for other people, the moshing you do scares them. We have the exact same opinion about safety in crowds here, we just draw the line in a different place.

This, totally this. But he won't get it and he'll take it personally and I bet he swears lol

id like to say I wasnt online because I spent todays totally awesome weather outside having a bbq.....but no , its called work....ive been building my nest ready for next seasons eggs....or ive been stuck in a factory sweating my penguin nads off for 12 hours....whichever is more believeable :P

Aha, does this explain the pent up violence?