Metallica....in the Mosh, will there be a mosh, not in the mosh?

Swine_Glasto2014

I do love how all, and I mean all, objectionable behaving types ALWAYS respond to other's opinions as if the others are trying to dictate how they can behave.

No, that's what parents do. That's the hilarious bit that keeps giving away how childish this is

I don't like the French. That doesn't mean I'm trying to stop people being French does it. It's called an opinion.

As a child you can react to it by... well doing what the moshers are doing and acting like mummy is forcing you to clean your room - wailing and screaming and beating your fists on the floor and demanding that you're allowed to do what you want....

Or as an adult you can realise it's an opinion and there's no need to act like a kid who doesn't like his parents rules and you can consider it and reply to it, exchanging information and opinions until your own opinions can be improved alongside your behaviour so it's not so offensive to others because you're grown up enough to realise we are all stuck here together and have to live together and get along.

You can go either way. It's funny watching which way certain groups and people go.

Edited by frostypaw

• Replies 832
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the figure 8 of threads, cant believe its still going.

As a Metallica fan I fully expect to see moshing near the front, its happened at other heavier bands at Glastonbury. I'll be at the back fully appreciating the full spectacle of Metallica headlining Glastonbury, and being at the back I dont expect people to be invading my space or banging into me like a dickhead.

Tbh if your not a fan I dont know why you'd be in the "pit".

This is the figure 8 of threads, cant believe its still going.

As a Metallica fan I fully expect to see moshing near the front, its happened at other heavier bands at Glastonbury. I'll be at the back fully appreciating the full spectacle of Metallica headlining Glastonbury, and being at the back I dont expect people to be invading my space or banging into me like a dickhead.

Tbh if your not a fan I dont know why you'd be in the "pit".

I'd totally mosh to Elliott Smith

Can we have a guy with a loudspeaker denouncing anyone not moshing in the designated area.....we need to work out what makes a person `do moshing` as well! I dont want to see anyone yelled at for moving 30 centimetres to the left in a short space of time rather then the standard `just moving not moshing` 25 espcially if they brush against someone and the person in question yells shenanigans at the `attempted mosh` causing all kinds of carnage!

can we have plain shirted anti mosh police in the crowd as well grassing up those getting a little energetic? I nomimate wodderson for that he seems a friendly fellow.

I ment form a mosh pit around someone with an annoying flag to take them out. That way the moshers would be providing a service to the rest of the crowd.

That at least wont happen, from a security point of view it makes no sense for them....if they go into the crowd and try to grab people for `moshing` they will cause even bigger problems then any `moshpit` would create as people tried to get away from them, id hope they wouldnt be that stupid. Id hope theyd be like the security at download etc and briefed on what to expect.....ie if you see people moshing they are not `fighting` so dont go causing chaos trying to run in a grab them etc

I've seen security in the crowd extracting rowdy punters before and I'd expect to see it again. Whether there'll be a special dispensation for people moshing to Metallica I dunno for sure, but I'd deem it pretty unlikely.

Stifling a massive yawn again.

There was some half hearted moshing at the front of QOTSA in 2011. It was very respectful and slightly apologetic to those around it. I expect the same eight or nine plus Monsieur Penguin at Metallica.

I hope they can find each other. Perhaps they need a flag to gather under. Any suggestions?

Stifling a massive yawn again.

There was some half hearted moshing at the front of QOTSA in 2011. It was very respectful and slightly apologetic to those around it. I expect the same eight or nine plus Monsieur Penguin at Metallica.

I hope they can find each other. Perhaps they need a flag to gather under. Any suggestions?

A very small penis? Edited by jeffie

Really I'm not. I will take the piss out of people. Penguin you really do need to lighten up. I am concerned about posted idiots who don't know how to mosh mixing with people who might. I am also concerned about how this might mix with the average Glastonbury crowd.

I would just like to say, now I've finished a long and stressful day, I apologize to anyone I may have upset in this thread and don't mean to be so self righteous. Lets just have a fun festi yeah :D

I very much like your posts so I'm glad you've said that. Are you going to either of the meets? I'd like to apologise for seeing Jon Hopkins at TGE while you were languishing elsewhere in person ;)

Honestly, I'll stop rubbing it in soon.

maybe.