Happy Resale Experience Thread

Guest scrippit

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Got through on my Dads old and chronically unreliable broadband. Tickets bagged by 9:04.

Is such a strange thought as really convinced myself that this was not going to be our year after so many on the bounce.

Commiserations to everyone who wasn't so fortunate but fingers crossed for the unannounced resales.

Time to get the Glasto paraphernalia out of the loft!

I did fuck all again, not a single whiff in 3 years of trying. Bloody Mac!

So I'm happy the missus got through on second refresh on her old overheating HP!!!

Edit: both of us has really ropely slow Sky internet. Wish I could transfer back to BT which I had in Surrey. Virgin was awful in Plymouth.

Edited by Couchy

I did fuck all again, not a single whiff in 3 years of trying. Bloody Mac!

So I'm happy the missus got through on second refresh on her old overheating HP!!!

Edit: both of us has really ropely slow Sky internet. Wish I could transfer back to BT which I had in Surrey. Virgin was awful in Plymouth.

Edited by storm

I had chrome and opera running on PC with Ethernet connection to router. Ipad running safari over wifi.

My phone, also on wifi was successful after a few refreshes. Entered all details and transaction completed in roughly one minute. No time outs, eyc.

I was amazed how quick it was having been far more organised in the October sale and not even getting to enter reg numbers then. Back then I also had an additional laptop then running check for change every 2 seconds on Firefox.

It is all down to luck.

got my tix via a [very good] friend in October but was confident of getting one more for my cousin-in-law as i had got through on re-sale in 2010 and 2013

then i get called on a last minute business trip to UAE but that's ok as I've got circa 3 hours from landing to getting to hotel to get set up

then we get diverted to some small airport in the middle of nowhere due to fog. in a fkn desert!

3 hour delay uses up all spare time and checking in takes most of an hour

finally get to room with wifi password and get logged in at 9:01

stress factor 15bn

got onto tix page at 9:05 to be told ticket already bought

refeckinsult

see y'all there

Hi all would like to share my method as i already have a ticket but needed 3 this morning for friends and family and succeeded at 0901.

Any mac haters please stop reading as this will be no use.

I have a 6mb top speed here and use 'namebench' which searches for the fastest DNS server

https://code.google.com/p/namebench/

I need as fast as i can i have a lot of uploading to do for business.

I always use Firefox and had 1 tab open refreshing using cmd+r from 0858 and got through immediately making sure i had a word doc with all my details to copy and paste which was a tip from here.

Did try the chrome with auto fresh but didn't get through, i tried last week with the coaches and got through too late.

Now all this is not very helpful with folk who missed out but having lots of tabs open could be a problem ?

Who knows but i wish you all luck and if any secret sales come my way will be sure to help anyone out.

I cannot thank efester's for all their wisdom and hope this helps with many myths but will properly just add more.

I have never missed the festival and if you really have no doubt you can go then you will!

Peace and light

That lovely Bonedaddy on here got my tickets - he even paid out of his own cash! I'll be paying him back, obviously... Like most others, I'm truly overwhelmed by the kindness of everyone on this forum.

Congrats to all who got tickets, and those who didn't, there WILL be other chances!

I kinda just found myself trying this morning "just for fun". 5 mins later bought a ticket! Haven't been since 2007 since my son was born. Going on my own, my wife thinks I'm a nutter. So excited, can't wait to see Arcade Fire on pyramid.

I got a ticket! I was running a half marathon at 9am, so left a couple of friends trying for me... both got through within 5 minutes! I'm absolutely stunned! I missed it in 2011 as my son was 6 weeks old and then missed out on tickets last year completely and totally failed in last year's October sale. So happy! I'm taking my three year old as a single mum, so it's going to be a very different experience to before, but can't wait!

Bit of a disaster for us really. We got through on one of our phones around 09:07, entered the reg numbers without issue but for some reason the buy tickets button was dead (i.e didn't link to anything). We reloaded the page only to get a message that the tickets were unavailable and should try again later.

Started again. Other half got though again and got all the way through to submitting the payment details only to get the sold out message when we had expecting the booking confirmation. literally at the last step! To add insult to injury I'd gotten through by then as well.

Oh well. We've been lucky in the past, so can't really complain when we are unlucky! Just a bit frustrating.

i had a moment where i was clicking the buy tickets button and nothing was happening and then realised i hadnt ticked the box for adult 16+ ticket - after a very franctic few seconds went through to confirmation page ... phew!