Glasto line up is out!

Guest endswithMJ

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the lineup was crying out for a fleetwood mac, kanye, madonna, something...instead we get kasabian? a very good band, but haven't written a good tune in several years, im sure they will put on a good show right enough...but headlining glastonbury?, there time went for that years ago.

Given AC/DC's demands when they played Download, anyone who tries to book them for a festival is either wasting their time or a total masochist.

Their demands included:

1. A separate main stage was to be built just for them.

2. Their appearance had to be billed on the Download website as a separate event.

3. Their name wasn't allowed to be printed on any official Download merchandise.

Absolute dicks.

i'm not sure anyone over 30 / or who has been to glastonbury before will be genuinely ecstatic about that lineup...any serious music fan would surely have seen 90-95% of those acts?

Given AC/DC's demands when they played Download, anyone who tries to book them for a festival is either wasting their time or a total masochist.

Maybe it was Glasto that said no to them, because Glasto couldn't accommodate their demands?

But there's been a few noises from the ac/dc camp more recently - perhaps off the back of convos they've had since a glasto approach, who knows? - that they're prepared to be less demanding and would consider playing some selected fests.

I couldn't disagree more. Anyone over 30 (and I'm well over) and who has been to Glastonbury before (I've been going on and off since the start) should be pretty pleased.

Yes, with over 40 years of music going I've seen a lot of the acts before. But so what?

If a band is good and you don't get to see them that often (Robert Plant or Rodrigo & Gabriella would be examples) then it's a great opportunity to see superb performers again.

I'm going to struggle to fit in a lot of my 'must sees.' And, anyway at Glastonbury too much good music can get in the way of other things.

fleetwood mac, madonna, heritage acts that would make headlining, much like the stones did, an event in itself......kasabian? just another night, filling a position.

as i've said on here before, i still dant agree that arcade fire are headliners either (that last album certianly hasn't done them many favours, nor 'fancy dress' requirements for the crowd at their gigs....., but thats another line.

Nice quote from our favourites NME today:

'Do you want to see out the weekend courteously applauding a clever indie band as they experiment with Appalachian riffs and gamelan wonkery they learnt on holiday to Haiti? Or do you want to go out in feral fashion at the command of a pair of hairy delinquents blasting liquid nitrogen-fuelled rock n roll at breakneck speeds and buffalo-combusting volume a dance-rock collision so explosive, it leaves a crater in Worthy Farm?'

They also go on to describe kasabian as a 'duo'. Terrible article.

Good old NME. I've seen gamelan music being performed in its native country, Indonesia. About as far from Haiti as you can get. I think sometimes the NME just write clever sounding words on pieces of paper and then pick them out of a bag and turn it into a sentence, regardless of whether it makes sense. Fucking muppets

Good old NME. I've seen gamelan music being performed in its native country, Indonesia. About as far from Haiti as you can get. I think sometimes the NME just write clever sounding

words on pieces of paper and then pick them out of a bag and turn it into a sentence, regardless of whether it makes sense. Fucking muppets

fleetwood mac, madonna, heritage acts that would make headlining, much like the stones did, an event in itself......kasabian? just another night, filling a position.

as i've said on here before, i still dant agree that arcade fire are headliners either (that last album certianly hasn't done them many favours, nor 'fancy dress' requirements for the crowd at their gigs....., but thats another line.