Rose-Colored Boy

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ellie Goulding just sent a tweet with an unamused face to V and they briefly retweeted it. Interesting*

*by tonight's standards.

That's strange, maybe she was told she was getting a bigger slot?

Olly Murs is third from top.

Just let that sink in.

headlining second stage

probably even worse

I think the thing with Olly Murs is that if he got those slots before at V, I'm not sure it'd be as bad. But it's not like he suddenly exploded since the last time he did festivals. He's always had really successful arena tours and his albums don't really change sales wise. But he's been bumped up a pretty hefty amount now. Think when he did his second album tour, he was third from the top on the second stage at T in the Park, and pretty sure his V slot wasn't that different.

He was fifth from the top in 2013. Incidentally I seen him that year on the first of two sold out nights he did at the SECC up here.

I'm firmly in this demographic and will be going nowhere near.

Apologies! Being in the 40 plus age bracket and having watched the Brits last week I assumed the Pamola, Ellie and George people were popular with the young folk :-)

Is a shame that V line up has lost its range of acts over the last few years. The Weston Park site is only 30 minutes from home, and so has been quite a good weekend seeing 10 or so bands I like over the weekend

It's always had that pop element to it, but equally if you picked the right stages could see some less mainstream acts. Over the years I've seen Doves, Beck, I am Kloot, Hot Chip, Charlatans, Happy Mondays, Paul Heaton, Australian Pink Floyd etc and had a pretty enjoyable time there

Apologies! Being in the 40 plus age bracket and having watched the Brits last week I assumed the Pamola, Ellie and George people were popular with the young folk :-)

George is popular enough, Ellie's popularity comes and goes, Paloma isn't especially youth-skewing though - you need look no further than the fact she plays Radio 2 in Hyde Park rather than Radio 1's Big Weekend for proof of that.

I'd say the most popular act amongst poppy youths on that bill is Sam Smith but compared to Ed Sheeran who took that slot last year, well there's no comparison.

Edited by Zac Quinn

Hmm The Prodigy were defo lined up to headline second stage this year as they are doing at TITP, I have absolutely no idea whats happened but obviously they no longer are, I wonder if they've pulled out on a few acts such as Bruno too and just thought fuck it we will book this on the cheap and it will still sell enough. It obviously will as well.

Seriously this has been booked on a shoestring budget. Kasabian would have cost a bit but nowhere the likes of a US name, Calvin wouldn't have cost too much either, I know he charges a fair amount but headliner wise nowhere near, add in that V is only 2 days instead of 3 and this will be the most profitable festival all year id imagine.

The kids will still go, its still gunna sell shit loads and you'll get more watered down line ups every year, Download and Reading have started watering down their line ups too. Thing is those three all Live Nation owned, they can do it cus theyre the big guns and if they do it across the board the festivals dont look as weak.

Thats what happens when you get a monopoly in the market.

Expect worse before the market completely crashes and they have to try and give a fuck again.

The kids will still go, its still gunna sell shit loads and you'll get more watered down line ups every year, Download and Reading have started watering down their line ups too.

I take your posts more seriously than most so if you are expecting this I am not looking that forward to future festival line ups.

I take your posts more seriously than most so if you are expecting this I am not looking that forward to future festival line ups.

I will tell you with certainty the usual V Fest crowd will be all over this. People I know who go have shared it on the facebook with the words, Massive!

Just looking back through my 2004 10th anniversary programme and its clear the festival had a much more varied line up

Scissor Sisters and Oasis headlines the main stage; Chemical Bros and Prodigy the C4 stage; Ian Brown and Texas the JJB; 22 20s and Super Fury Animals the 4th stage

Elsewhere on the line up was Robert Plant, Kaiser Chiefs; The La's; Dizzie Rascal; the Streets even the Polyphonic Spree - pretty varied for mosts tastes

What's noticeable the Strongbow Room also had very strong DJ line ups with Rob Da Bank, Yoda, Justin Robinson and Plump DJ's playing. Even had Norman J on the Barcardi Bar that year

Just looking back through my 2004 10th anniversary programme and its clear the festival had a much more varied line up

Scissor Sisters and Oasis headlines the main stage; Chemical Bros and Prodigy the C4 stage; Ian Brown and Texas the JJB; 22 20s and Super Fury Animals the 4th stage

Elsewhere on the line up was Robert Plant, Kaiser Chiefs; The La's; Dizzie Rascal; the Streets even the Polyphonic Spree - pretty varied for mosts tastes

What's noticeable the Strongbow Room also had very strong DJ line ups with Rob Da Bank, Yoda, Justin Robinson and Plump DJ's playing. Even had Norman J on the Barcardi Bar that year

That was 2005 dude.

Was a great year, I stupidly missed Sonic Youth to watch Kaiser Chiefs, how I regret that to this day. One of the worst festival decisions I have ever made.

The Prodigy were outstanding that year and the crowd was immense, Ive seen Prodigy 8 times and that was possibly the best.

whose stupid oversight was it to book Clean Bandit and Jess Glynne for the opposite days to each other ffs

I imagine she's asked for it - she's trying to build her own solo career and I can't imagine it's helpful to be tied to another band and one song all the time. She's supporting them this month but then I guess wants to do it herself which makes sense

I'm pretty gutted Noel isn't playing but can get a good weekend out of what little guitar music there is,especially stereophonics and kasabian as the two headliners. along with whatever is announced going forward which I'd imagine will be more down my road as they'll be cheaper (the likes of ocs, shed seven etc). Plus looking forward to paloma faith, chvrches and some of the pop music - end of the day it can be a relaxing fun festival if you see bands you like and don't get caught up in the negativity surrounding how 'commercial' it is.

Been 4 years on the bounce but won't be going this year.

Not too bad a line up but they've scrimped on the headline acts that's for sure. I like Kasabian and I like Calvin Harris but headliners of one of the biggest and supposedly best festivals in Europe they are not.

Certainly not the 20 year extravaganza they promised.

Been 4 years on the bounce but won't be going this year.

Not too bad a line up but they've scrimped on the headline acts that's for sure. I like Kasabian and I like Calvin Harris but headliners of one of the biggest and supposedly best festivals in Europe they are not.

Certainly not the 20 year extravaganza they promised.

Hang on! Kasabian arent a good headliner for one of the biggest festivals?? Ermmm, you may not like them but come off it. Have headlined every festival including Glastonbury!!! Absolutely awful comment