Metallica 2014

JamesT977

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought they played on the Other stage last time they played and headlined JP when touring Boxer?

Either way, they're much bigger now than they were back then and too big for JP I'd have thought.

I thought they played 3rd down on Other last time. I remember seeing them. Unless they've played since?

You're both right. But yeah if they've played since that demonstrates they've still moved onto larger stages.

Another thing I was just thinking that, with Metallica being rumoured at the top of the NME website, it's odd that Soni haven't quashed that.

Edited by dentalplan

Not sure this is true. A rammed pyramid field isn't the be all and end all for Eavis. Neil young had a small ish crowd but has still gone down as one of the best.

In a way that's what he'd want as his big fear over metal is crowd crushes so all the better for his piece of mind if it ain't rammed.

Look at the footage for "Rockin in the free world", Neil Youngs crowd was anything but small ish

Look at the footage for "Rockin in the free world", Neil Youngs crowd was anything but small ish

It was quite a small crowd, at least to begin with. We were watching The Streets on West Holts and headed over to Doves on John Peel whilst he was on. We managed to easily walk through the Pyramid field in front of the second bank of speakers without even asking anyone if they could move. Sparsest Pyramid crowd I've ever seen.

It was quite a small crowd, at least to begin with. We were watching The Streets on West Holts and headed over to Doves on John Peel whilst he was on. We managed to easily walk through the Pyramid field in front of the second bank of speakers without even asking anyone if they could move. Sparsest Pyramid crowd I've ever seen.

Doves were ace that night werent they. Great stuff.

Doves were ace that night werent they. Great stuff.

Yeah they were. As much I would have liked to watch Neil Young, I had to pull out of Doves playing Delamere Forest 3 weeks before because I had food poisoning. The Mrs was furious because not only did she have to miss out as well but she bought me the tickets for my 30th! Thankfully they were ace at Glastonbury so all was forgiven (ish) although I'm still without anything to show for my 30th birthday.

everything is a bit hazy, but I think that it's Pyramid headliner or not at all, and I think it's about 50/50 on that.

if not at all does that mean because they've got somebody already in place for Pyramid headliner, or another reason that leaves the Pyramid headliner open? (which would be worrying)

edit: ah just seen your second post. i shall wait for five minutes time

Edited by FloorFiller

Saw Metallica at Leeds a few years ago (might be more than that now) and it really wasn't my cup of tea. That said, part of me is glad they may be headlining Saturday as it will force me to move away from Pyramid for Saturday night and if there's one thing I've been guilty of, it's that.

Edit to say: Long time reader, first time poster, etc, etc.

Edited by StaggerLAH

I was hoping for an S&M kind of show, that'd of been epic and probably more suited to a Glasto audience.

Hurry up Neil!

If you have a look on Youtube there's a making of S&M video on there somewhere. The amount of work that went into it would suggest that it's never going to happen for a one off show just because it's "more suited".

have heard back ... someone has claimed 'done deal', but they admit it's not a concrete claim. So the situation is .... nobody knows. :lol:

My take on things is that nothing is agreed yet.

Unfortunately, I have good reason to think it will both be agreed and also won't be agreed, depending which set of info I choose to put my belief in.

The most logical would be to think that it will be agreed, but there's plenty of reasons to make me doubtful of that all the same.