Metallica 2014

JamesT977

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree, he is a gobshite. But he has said in numerous articles that Glastonbury is the last 'big one' they haven't played and they would love to do it. I've no idea of their desperation levels, but they certainly want to play; why else would he say so?

This saga is more of an epic than Lord of The Rings... I guess we just have to wait and see... I hate waiting and seeing!

Always thought I read they had a 25% state in Soni the year it was launched - maybe it was just that year, or maybe my name is really Matt and I'm talking out of my ass.

I always had the impression that whenever he's said we (we really like Oasis and want them to support us, we really want to tour with U2) that he just means 'I' rather than 'we', and it's just paying lip service to the current topic on hand. The rest of the band seem happy to let him do the press and be their connection with the mainstream without really caring what he spouts off about and none of the stuff that Lars claims Metallica want to do ever really comes to fruition.

Like I said don't get me wrong, they could be interested, but I wouldn't put too much stock in what Lars says about them all being desperate. If another band member had come out with it then it would be a different matter.

So basically we still have no idea who the Saturday night headliner is?

Loving this

it is a lot more interesting than knowing the headliners straight off the bat. when both Arcade Fire and Kasabian were found out quite early i thought the third wouldn't be far behind, but all this speculation is great. hopefully we're in for somewhat of a surprise when the lineup is finally announced

it is a lot more interesting than knowing the headliners straight off the bat. when both Arcade Fire and Kasabian were found out quite early i thought the third wouldn't be far behind, but all this speculation is great. hopefully we're in for somewhat of a surprise when the lineup is finally announced

Totally agree, love the speculation

Nah out of any mega sized band I cant really think of another band who constantly moves away from their comfort zone knowing there will be a backlash of some sort.

From using acoustic guitars on Fade to Black, making a video for One, a ballad in Nothing Else Matters, getting their hair cut, S&M with an orchestra and more recently Loutallica. They're always up for something different doing a style of music in a genre that isnt exactly open to it.

Will only be impressed when they do their reggae track.

oh man....really. Is that how Coldplay were booked last time? last minute pull out?

I can't think of a personally more disappointing revelation as a Metallica fan than that: "Sorry it's not Metallica....now everyone together... Para Para Paradise..."

Would prefer radiohead to that, Coldplay was only 2011 and it's been 11 years since radiohead headlined.

I'd be happy with that. I'm sure Coldplay perform every year. Well that's what it seems like. When Chris said that people were getting bored of Coldplay and they were going to take some time off, I thought they were talking decades.