The Space To Put Predictions And Then Provide Feedback Or Bold Bands If You Want To Show People Who You Like Thread

47 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Have they ever announced a Slam Dunk headliner before Slam Dunk? I don't suppose it matters now they don't do the placings straight off but that's what's making me apprehensive about thinking Shikari will feature. Think Wolf Alice are out too - a guy in the Glasto forums said they're just doing something European fests to try out some new tunes.

That Sunday NME is like nothing they've ever had. Can't see it happening.

I'm not so hot on the idea of Friday being a 'rock day' either anymore. I think it'd be bad business move as Muse appeal to way more than the niche that day would be for. Just expecting something like Chilis day where there was stuff like Parkway Drive and Skindred but also Courteeners and Imagine Dragons. Maybe the tour dates are a lie and Bastille or TDCC are the Muse sub.

I keep forgetting about Shikari being at Slam Dunk, which is ridiculous because I'm going and I'm an embarrassing fanboy anyway :lol: I'm just hoping for something good up against Kasabian, really. Brand New is the dream. I'm really hoping JEW will be on the NME instead of the main and subbing that would be right for them. 

I really want Jimmy Eat World to be on main stage. I had to miss them last time cos their slots clashed with Cage The Elephant and Paramore (I think) so they're one of my must sees this time. I figure they're more likely to have a horrible clash if they're on NME, although up against Major Lazer or Bastille or someone else shit would be ideal if they do end up on there 

• Downvote 1

6 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Muse 
Royal Blood
KoRn
At The Drive-In
Architects
Billy Talent 
While She Sleeps 
Against The Current
Creeper 

Fatboy Slim / Stormzy / Glass Animals / Danny Brown / Rag 'N Bone Man 

Billy Talent / Against Me! / The Menzingers

Eminem 
Major Lazer
Wolf Alice 
Run The Jewels 
Rise Against
New Found Glory
Moose Blood 
Deap Vally
SWMRS 

FLUME (closing set) / Bastille / Peace / Jungle / The Hunna 

Killswitch Engage / The Ghost Inside / SikTh

Kasabian
Skepta
Two Door Cinema Club
Twin Atlantic 
The Kooks 
Blossoms 
Circa Waves 
Ratboy
VANT

Enter Shikari / Jimmy Eat World / Neck Deep / Death From Above 1979 / Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes 

letlive. /  Marmozets / Touché Amoré 

Not sure on that last NME headliner. One of Shikari / The Offspring / Brand New. 

If Bastille are on NME there is no chance they don't close it out. I'd try and go for the Saturday.

4 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

I still don't have a clue who Rebel Sound are or why they were topping the NME tent.

David Rodigan - the biggest name in dancehall music & was mates with Bob Marley when he was knocking about

Chase & Status - are Chase & Status

Shy FX - one of the best D&B DJ's since about 20 years ago

Not difficult, Google is useful.

Edited by Bisque
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

19 hours ago, Odessa said:

I really want Jimmy Eat World to be on main stage. I had to miss them last time cos their slots clashed with Cage The Elephant and Paramore (I think) so they're one of my must sees this time. I figure they're more likely to have a horrible clash if they're on NME, although up against Major Lazer or Bastille or someone else shit would be ideal if they do end up on there 

Same, if they clashed with Muse or Kasabian on NME, then I'd be gutted cause Jimmy Eat World are one of my must sees for this year.

Here's another go, not dissimilar to what's gone before but we're getting to that point now...

MUSE, Bastille, Chance the Rapper, Twin Atlantic, Architects, Circa Waves, Rat Boy, While She Sleeps, All Time Low
NME: Fatboy Slim (c/s), Korn, Glass Animals, DMA's, Rae Sremmurd, Marmozets, Loyle Carner
FR: The Horrors / DS: Andy C / 1X: Tory Lanez / RS: Billy Talent

EMINEM, Major Lazer, Panic at the Disco, At the Drive-in, Blossoms, Everything Everything, Moose Blood, Against the Current, Mariachi el Bronx
NME: The Kooks, Peace, Warpaint, Danny Brown, Mø, Frank Carter & the Rattlesnakes, Rag'n'Bone Man
FR: Frightened Rabbit / DS: Moderat / 1X: Section Boyz / RS: Killswitch Engage

KASABIAN, Tame Impala, Two Door Cinema Club, Haim, Jimmy Eat World, Neck Deep, Pvris, Creeper, Milk Teeth
NME: Flume, Wiley,  Jungle, Death From Above 1979, Fidlar, The Hunna, Vince Staples
FR: Charli XCX / DS: Annie Mac / 1X: Migos / LU: Rise Against

Edited by dentalplan
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Here's another go, not dissimilar to what's gone before but we're getting to that point now...

MUSE, Bastille, Chance the Rapper, Twin Atlantic, Architects, Circa Waves, Rat Boy, While She Sleeps, All Time Low
NME: Fatboy Slim (c/s), Korn, Glass Animals, DMA's, Rae Sremmurd, Marmozets, Loyle Carner

EMINEM, Major Lazer, Panic at the Disco, At the Drive-in, Blossoms, Everything Everything, Moose Blood, Against the Current, Mariachi el Bronx
NME: The Kooks, Peace, Warpaint, Danny Brown, Mø, Frank Carter & the Rattlesnakes, Rag'n'Bone Man

KASABIAN, Tame Impala, Two Door Cinema Club, Haim, Jimmy Eat World, Neck Deep, Pvris, Creeper, Milk Teeth
NME: Flume, Wiley,  Jungle, Death From Above 1979, Fidlar, The Hunna, Vince Staples

Tame Impala would be an absolute dream

6 hours ago, dentalplan said:

NME: Flume, Wiley, Jungle, Death From Above 1979, Fidlar, The Hunna, Vince Staples

Quite strong, I like it.

OK, just gonna post my dream set up

Main: MUSE, Pendulum (Live), Royal Blood, While She Sleeps, Nothing But Thieves, X Ambassadors
NME: Chase & Status (closing set), KoRn, Jungle, Cabbage, Smallpools
Dance: Gorgon City, Cazzette, Jax Jones, Kideko
FR: Fuse ODG, Rag N Bone Man, Aquilo

Main: Kasbaian, Tame Impala, Two Door Cinema Club, Liam Gallagher, Architects, Blossoms
NME: Flume, Glass Animals, Oh Wonder, Gallant, Fickle Friends
Dance: Alesso, Don Diablo, Alan Walker, Julian Calor
FR: Charli XCX, Nao, Nick Murphy (Chet Faker)

Main: Eminem, Major Lazer, Bastille, KAYTRANDA, Wiley, Circa Waves,
NME: Fatboy Slim (closing set), The xx, Jimmy Eat World, Deaf Havana, Sundara Karma
Dance: Wilkinson, Andy C, Spor, What So Not
FR: Mø, MNEK, Becky Hill

I don't know many smaller bands & one of my favourite parts of a festival is not knowing who to go and see and finding someone new. That's how I found Fickle Friends last year and they were easily in my top 5 performances.

5 hours ago, callum97 said:

Made a few amendments, deftones could be swapped for the offspring? not too certain on 30stm maybe Pendulum could be in that place depending on if they are creamfields.

rl 3.PNG

Deftones would be higher. They played 3rd down in 2013 and they're no smaller now. A closing set after a dance act would be pointless - the idea of them is that the act doing the closing set works better ending the night than the actual headliner. Saturday main is too hip-hop themed I think. I'd also swap Royal Blood and 30STM there.

Tried to flesh out my prediction a bit so done full main & NME + a few headliners of other stages:

Friday

Muse / Thirty Seconds To Mars / Wolf Alice / Run the Jewels / Architects / Billy Talent / Against the Current / While She Sleeps / Hey! Hello!

Fatboy Slim / The Shins / Blossoms / Glass Anmals / The Kills / Feeder / Carl Barat & the Jackals / Blaenavon / Arcane Roots / Declan Mckenna / Jaws

Editors

Billy Talent

Andy C

Saturday

Eminem / Major Lazer / Two Door Cinema Club / At The Drive In / Everything Everything / Circa Waves / Drenge / Creeper / Vant

Bastille / Metronomy / White Lies / Danny Brown / Crystal Fighters / The Hunna / Frank Carter & the Rattlesnakes / The Pigeon Detectives / Sunflower Bean / Darlia / Steven Batelle

Frightened Rabbit

Stone Sour

Moderat

Sunday

Kasabian / Royal Blood / Deftones / Rise Against / Twin Atlantic / Ratboy / Blood Red Shoes / The Sherlocks / Palace

Flume (Closing Set) / Korn / Jimmy Eat World / Wiley / Rag N Bone Man / Cabbage / Jagwar Ma / Fickle Friends / Los Campesinos! / Frank Iero & the Patience / Turbowolf

Peace

Taking Back Sunday

The Bloody Beetroots

Thoughts?

Edited by SOAD

5 hours ago, SOAD said:

Tried to flesh out my prediction a bit so done full main & NME + a few headliners of other stages:

Friday

Muse / Thirty Seconds To Mars / Wolf Alice / Run the Jewels / Architects / Billy Talent / Against the Current / While She Sleeps / Hey! Hello!

Fatboy Slim / The Shins / Blossoms / Glass Anmals / The Kills / Feeder / Carl Barat & the Jackals / Blaenavon / Arcane Roots / Declan Mckenna / Jaws

Editors

Billy Talent

Andy C

Saturday

Eminem / Major Lazer / Two Door Cinema Club / At The Drive In / Everything Everything / Circa Waves / Drenge / Creeper / Vant

Bastille / Metronomy / White Lies / Danny Brown / Crystal Fighters / The Hunna / Frank Carter & the Rattlesnakes / The Pigeon Detectives / Sunflower Bean / Darlia / Steven Batelle

Frightened Rabbit

Stone Sour

Moderat

Sunday

Kasabian / Royal Blood / Deftones / Rise Against / Twin Atlantic / Ratboy / Blood Red Shoes / The Sherlocks / Palace

Flume (Closing Set) / Korn / Jimmy Eat World / Wiley / Rag N Bone Man / Cabbage / Jagwar Ma / Fickle Friends / Los Campesinos! / Frank Iero & the Patience / Turbowolf

Peace

Taking Back Sunday

The Bloody Beetroots

Thoughts?

looks pretty strong aye 

12 hours ago, SOAD said:

Friday

Editors

Billy Talent

Andy C

Saturday

Frightened Rabbit

Stone Sour

Moderat

Sunday

Peace

Taking Back Sunday

The Bloody Beetroots

Thoughts?

JEW, RA and Rage n Bone Man on the same day but still needs to be stronger. 

RTJ and Feeder Friday

Main: Muse / Thirty Seconds To Mars / Panic! At The Disco / At The Drive In / Architects / Rise Against / Moose Blood / Rat Boy / Vant

Nme: Flume / Stormzy / Glass Animals / Death Grips / Danny Brown / Japandroids / FIDLAR / SWMRS / Pulled Apart By Horses / The Wytches / Heyrocco

Dance: Andy C

Lock Up: Jimmy Eat World / Taking Back Sunday / Neck Deep

Festival Rep: The Kooks

1 Xtra: Tory Lanez

Main: Eminem / Major Lazer / Two Door Cinema Club / Wolf Alice / Twin Atlantic / Circa Waves / The Hunna / Sundara Karma / Beach Slang

Nme: Bastille / Jungle / Nothing But Thieves / Rag n Bone Man / Wiley / Drenge / Mallory Knox / The Front Bottoms / Modern Baseball / Black Peaks / The Regrettes

Dance: Fatboy Slim

Pit: Stone Sour / Marmozets / letlive.

Festival Rep: Feeder

1 Xtra: Tech N9ne

Main: Kasabian / Alt-J / Weezer / Run The Jewels / Blossoms / The Pretty Reckless / Beartooth / While She Sleeps / Against The Current

Nme: You Me At Six / The Offspring / Billy Talent / Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes / JME / Lower Than Atlantis / Pvris / Ab-Soul / Deap Vally / Sorority Noise / Cabbage

Dance: Annie Mac

Pit: Gojira / La Dispute / Touche Amore

Festival Rep: Editors

1 Xtra: Mac Miller

Edited by Poop Punk