The Space To Put Predictions And Then Provide Feedback Or Bold Bands If You Want To Show People Who You Like Thread

1 minute ago, thewayiam said:

Yes it is.

How? You often seem so keen to draw on tour dates / venues... The 1975 sold out the entirety of their arena tour including two dates at the O2 whereas Bastille struggled to shift tickets (at a cheaper price too): seven out of their eleven date arena tour dates had tickets available with under two weeks before their tour began. 

The 1975 are only headed one way. I believe that they were announced in the second announcement last year? So a pre-poster announcement. I remember almost everyone thought they'd sub, and rightly so, given it was only the bands personal preference to headline the NME rather than to take a high slot on Main. They're going to top the bill when they're next booked, Melvin Benn's said as much. 

Bastille are as beige a band as they come. Harmless indie tunes but it's hardly a booking that really grabs your attention. IOW couldn't even bring themselves to let them co-headline rather than Run DMC! I expect their music will always have a comfortable place on Fifa soundtracks, but I can't see them as anything more than that. 

I really hope The Pit / FR / Dance / 1xtra have some great headliners since a choice between ending a night with either Eminem or Bastille is nightmare-fuel. 

1 minute ago, JSmurphy said:

How? You often seem so keen to draw on tour dates / venues... The 1975 sold out the entirety of their arena tour including two dates at the O2 whereas Bastille struggled to shift tickets (at a cheaper price too): seven out of their eleven date arena tour dates had tickets available with under two weeks before their tour began. 

The 1975 are only headed one way. I believe that they were announced in the second announcement last year? So a pre-poster announcement. I remember almost everyone thought they'd sub, and rightly so, given it was only the bands personal preference to headline the NME rather than to take a high slot on Main. They're going to top the bill when they're next booked, Melvin Benn's said as much. 

Bastille are as beige a band as they come. Harmless indie tunes but it's hardly a booking that really grabs your attention. IOW couldn't even bring themselves to let them co-headline rather than Run DMC! I expect their music will always have a comfortable place on Fifa soundtracks, but I can't see them as anything more than that. 

I really hope The Pit / FR / Dance / 1xtra have some great headliners since a choice between ending a night with either Eminem or Bastille is nightmare-fuel. 

I agree they are going to but their arena tour sold out after R&L, not before. If we're going on that though, you could say similar about Biffy Clyro, a headliner, you could buy tickets on the day!

So if you take out the equation of a band that chose to be there as you can't really count that...Unless Bastille have chosen the same, you are left with Jack U and TDCC who aren't close to the level of Bastille. It's about what a band does before the festival slot, not after. 

When we're talking about exciting and beige, The 1975 don't exactly drift away from the latter, but that's what I think.

Pretty much agree with most of the prediction tho I can't see The Offspring headlining the NME now. If they're too big for Lock Up I'd say 5th down main but I would maintain Lock Up is about their level. Would agree with Gaz that Rise Against should probably be in there.

I can't imagine JEW still being in Europe that late in summer - probably headlining 2000trees aren't they? 

4 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Pretty much agree with most of the prediction tho I can't see The Offspring headlining the NME now. If they're too big for Lock Up I'd say 5th down main but I would maintain Lock Up is about their level. Would agree with Gaz that Rise Against should probably be in there.

I can't imagine JEW still being in Europe that late in summer - probably headlining 2000trees aren't they? 

The Offspring headlining the NME is purely my own wish :lol: I think they'd be an awesome alternative to Kasabian. Failing that, Brand New would be a great option. Rise Against are in Europe in August, aren't they? Where would they play now? 4th down Main, NME sub under someone like Brand New or Lock Up headliner? 

Edited by Andre91

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

The Offspring headlining the NME is purely my own wish :lol: I think they'd be an awesome alternative to Kasabian. Failing that, Brand New would be a great option. Rise Against are in Europe in August, aren't they? Where would they play now? 4th down Main, NME sub under someone like Brand New or Lock Up headliner? 

Brand New strike me as a bit more possible. Dunno why, maybe it's the indie cred they have like ATDI when they headlined or something. I just generally never expect the likes of Rise Against or The Offspring to play the NME stage. I guess you could give Rise Against one of Billy Talent's slots.

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

I'd love it, they are too big for Lockup yet and 5th down...not sure what that's all about. They sold out Brixton only last year and did well on their tour this year. Cracker of a tour with Bad Religion. Talking Bad Religion, if they can have them suporting they are defo too big for Lockup. 

Edited by thewayiam
  • Downvote 1

18 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

I'd love it, they are too big for Lockup yet and 5th down...not sure what that's all about. They sold out Brixton only last year and did well on their tour this year. Cracker of a tour with Bad Religion. Talking Bad Religion, if they can have them suporting they are defo too big for Lockup. 

Their UK shows last year were their only European gigs among a bunch of festivals. Doesn't that suggest that R+L aren't prepared to offer major slots to them anymore? Plus those shows were made up of people that have probably stopped going to R+L, much like yourself. They're gonna give those slots to acts bigger with the demo and if they can get The Offspring to play it will be a lower slot like the ones suggested. Or they'll most likely do their own shows again.

Also see I'm quoting and responding to your posts? I can imagine it's confusing to Andre that you quote his posts in order to respond to me. :lol:

Edited by dentalplan

3 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Their UK shows last year were their only European gigs among a bunch of festivals. Doesn't that suggest that R+L aren't prepared to offer major slots to them anymore? Plus those shows were made up of people that have probably stopped going to R+L, much like yourself. They're gonna give those slots to acts bigger with the demo and if they can get The Offspring to play it will be a lower slot like the ones suggested. Or they'll most likely do their own shows again.

Also see I'm quoting and responding to your posts? I can imagine it's confusing to Andre that you quote his posts in order to respond to me. :lol:

He's blocked you, hasn't he? So he won't see that you're doing that :P

I guess but he somehow manages.

Right, I was working on a prediction but then Andre posted his and it was super similar (at this point we're getting a feel for the acts who are about, I suppose) so here's mine in a different format. Obviously lower stages are incomplete because I don't know that many acts tbh. I've probably posted someone two or three times but here u go.

Fb5XAWj.png

Edit: I think I might have to retire from these predictions for the year after this one as I'd nearly finished and realised how fucking dreadful the headliners and most major acts were. :(

Edited by dentalplan
  • Upvote 1

That'd do me. Architects wouldn't be that low though, I don't think. Move them up one slot, possibly two so they're fourth down. Their UK tour was virtually a complete sell out by the time it came around, including Brixton. The Wonder Years on main would be awesome, they filled the stage supporting Shikari and would smash it. 

The 'special guest opener' is actually a cool idea. Even though I didn't see him, Frank Turner sounded like he worked well this year going by people I know who did go and watch him. 

Edited by Andre91

4 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

That'd do me. Architects wouldn't be that low though, I don't think. Move them up one slot, possibly two so they're fourth down. Their UK tour was virtually a complete sell out by the time it came around, including Brixton. The Wonder Years on main would be awesome, they filled the stage supporting Shikari and would smash it. 

The 'special guest opener' is actually a cool idea. Even though I didn't see him, Frank Turner sounded like he worked well this year going by people I know who did go and watch him. 

I dunno man. Just one slot higher puts them above where Parkway Drive were at and on a par with Five Finger Death Punch. I know they're up and coming but are they that big? Not my wheelhouse anyway but that's basically what I was going off.

11 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I dunno man. Just one slot higher puts them above where Parkway Drive were at and on a par with Five Finger Death Punch. I know they're up and coming but are they that big? Not my wheelhouse anyway but that's basically what I was going off.

They're riding a wave at the moment off the back of All Our Gods... which was universally praised and is a lot of people's metal album of the year (it is mine). The fact that they're English, an exclusive and have a history of playing the festival a few times in the past makes me believe they will be higher than Parkway. Fifth down is where I'm predicting, but fourth really wouldn't shock me due to the sold out tour they've just done. In the world of hard rock / metal, they're a national treasure. A band that have worked their asses off and evolved with every album and are now rightfully reaping the benefits. I went to the Rock City date in November and it was the best metal performance I've ever seen. I can't bloody wait to see them again at Leeds.

Muse, Circa Waves, White Lies, At The Drive-in, Twin Atlantic, Architects.

Eminem, Yak, Danny Brown, Frank Carter, Vant, maybe special guests.

Kasabian, Wolf Alice, RTJ, Blossoms, Pulled Apart By Horses, The Big Moon, The Magic Gang.

Looks weak at first glance that predicted lineup, but seeing this lot would be a top weekend for me. 

3 minutes ago, Odessa said:

Muse, Circa Waves, White Lies, At The Drive-in, Twin Atlantic, Architects.

Eminem, Yak, Danny Brown, Frank Carter, Vant, maybe special guests.

Kasabian, Wolf Alice, RTJ, Blossoms, Pulled Apart By Horses, The Big Moon, The Magic Gang.

Looks weak at first glance that predicted lineup, but seeing this lot would be a top weekend for me. 

I just looked at that initially and thought, "What the hell is YAK and why is it subbing the main stage!?" :lol: 

• Upvote 1

Kasabian / C&TB / Kaiser Chiefs / Killswitch Engage / Twin Atlantic / Circa Waves / The Hunna / The Word Alive / The Amazons 

Metromony / Blossoms / Glass Animals 

Muse / Royal Blood / YM@6 / Run the Jewels / Architects / Pretty Reckless / Beartooth/ while she sleeps / Arcane Roots

Frank Ocean / Jungle / Rag n Bone Man

Eminem / Major Lazer / Wolf Alice / Years and Years / Rise Against / Neck Deep / The Sherlocks / Against The Current / Black Peaks 

Bastille / At the Drive In / Marmozets 
Edited by OscarEB
Killswitch might be a bit high, so could swap for Haim or 2DCC, and have them headline pit

2 hours ago, Andre91 said:

They're riding a wave at the moment off the back of All Our Gods... which was universally praised and is a lot of people's metal album of the year (it is mine). The fact that they're English, an exclusive and have a history of playing the festival a few times in the past makes me believe they will be higher than Parkway. Fifth down is where I'm predicting, but fourth really wouldn't shock me due to the sold out tour they've just done. In the world of hard rock / metal, they're a national treasure. A band that have worked their asses off and evolved with every album and are now rightfully reaping the benefits. I went to the Rock City date in November and it was the best metal performance I've ever seen. I can't bloody wait to see them again at Leeds.

I really think you're letting your love of the band cloud your judgement :P some serious gushing going on here (a national treasure?!). Fifth down probably seems about right but there's zero chance they're playing fourth

Friday:

Main: Kasabian / Catfish & The Bottlemen (UK Exclusive) / HAIM / Run The Jewels / Twin Atlantic / Taking Back Sunday / While She Sleeps / Against The Current / Creeper

NME: Flume / Stormzy / Glass Animals / Danny Brown / Mallory Knox / Rag n Bone Man / Pvris / Deap Vally / Frank Iero & The Patience / Beach Slang / Muncie Girls

Dance: The Chainsmokers

Pit: Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes / Marmozets / Touché Amoré

Festival Republic: Warpaint

1Xtra: Hopsin

Saturday:

Main: Muse / Pendulum / Panic! At The Disco / At The Drive-In / Architects / Billy Talent / Moose Blood / Modern Baseball / Black Peaks

NME: Bastille / Jungle / Nothing But Thieves / JME / Drenge / Death Grips / SWMRS / Young Guns / The Sherlocks / The Wytches / Zoax

Dance: Annie Mac

Pit: Gojira / La Dispute / letlive.

Festival Republic: Feeder

1Xtra: Mac Miller

Sunday:

Main: Eminem / Major Lazer / Frank Ocean / Wolf Alice / Blossoms / Circa Waves / The Hunna / Rat Boy / Vant

NME: Jamie T / The Offspring / Jimmy Eat World / Anderson Paak / Lower Than Atlantis / Japandroids / Ab-Soul / FIDLAR / Pulled Apart By Horses / The Struts / Cabbage

Dance: Andy C

Lock Up: Rise Against / Neck Deep / The Wonder Years

Festival Republic: Peace

1xtra: Yelawolf

11 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

I really think you're letting your love of the band cloud your judgement :P some serious gushing going on here (a national treasure?!). Fifth down probably seems about right but there's zero chance they're playing fourth

Ok maybe I'm a little bit in love with them, but I genuinely do think that they're doing a great job flying the flag for British metal. They're all such humble dudes whenever you hear them speak publicly and it's just nice to see them getting the recognition they deserve after working so hard all these years. All Our Gods... is a phenomenal album (as was LF // LT). 

8 minutes ago, Little Sparrow said:

Friday:

Main: Kasabian / Catfish & The Bottlemen (UK Exclusive) / HAIM / Run The Jewels / Twin Atlantic / Taking Back Sunday / While She Sleeps / Against The Current / Creeper

NME: Flume / Stormzy / Glass Animals / Danny Brown / Mallory Knox / Rag n Bone Man / Pvris / Deap Vally / Frank Iero & The Patience / Beach Slang / Muncie Girls

Dance: The Chainsmokers

Pit: Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes / Marmozets / Touché Amoré

Festival Republic: Warpaint

1Xtra: Hopsin

Saturday:

Main: Muse / Pendulum / Panic! At The Disco / At The Drive-In / Architects / Billy Talent / Moose Blood / Modern Baseball / Black Peaks

NME: Bastille / Jungle / Nothing But Thieves / JME / Drenge / Death Grips / SWMRS / Young Guns / The Sherlocks / The Wytches / Zoax

Dance: Annie Mac

Pit: Gojira / La Dispute / letlive.

Festival Republic: Feeder

1Xtra: Mac Miller

Sunday:

Main: Eminem / Major Lazer / Frank Ocean / Wolf Alice / Blossoms / Circa Waves / The Hunna / Rat Boy / Vant

NME: Jamie T / The Offspring / Jimmy Eat World / Anderson Paak / Lower Than Atlantis / Japandroids / Ab-Soul / FIDLAR / Pulled Apart By Horses / The Struts / Cabbage

Dance: Andy C

Lock Up: Rise Against / Neck Deep / The Wonder Years

Festival Republic: Peace

1xtra: Yelawolf

Fantastic lineup. I'd be very happy with that. 

There's quite a few nice bits on that line up, although I think Frank Ocean isn't terribly likely as he's supposed to be doing two UK festivals; one's Lovebox and if the other isn't Parklife it'll be Glasto. Japandroids would be good and seem plausible.

The NME stage is a bit too Kerrang stage there. Not enough indie. I think Death Grips would be much higher too but I'm not sure they'd come back at the end of summer anyway.

I'm really exited for the Lock-Up/Pit as there have been so many incredible albums released this year and Dan Carter is usually bang on with choosing some awesome bands for it. I'm hoping for: 

Gojira, letlive., Touché Amoré, Frank Carter, Joyce Manor, Meshuggah (please :D ), Deez Nuts, Bury Tomorrow, Motionless In White.

I know Meshuggah will never ever happen, though :lol: 

• Downvote 1