The Space To Put Predictions And Then Provide Feedback Or Bold Bands If You Want To Show People Who You Like Thread

2 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

God, that Friday Main is woeful :P people are complaining at the thought of Royal Blood headlining but talking up Bastille? Not a chance they're headlining, outright or otherwise. Not a chance in hell Stone Sour ever play R&L. They'd be WAY too big for The Pit, regardless. Architects wouldn't play the NME and should be higher than Neck Deep. Big Sean is far too low, also. 

Saturday looks fine, though. Killswitch headlining that stage would be immense. 

Sunday is awful, too. I'm not sure they'd put Jamie T against Eminem. The Chainsmokers are playing 3 nights at the Roundhouse which is 5000+ in total, so wouldn't be on that stage. Sub NME is where I would put them. 

A lot of predictions are staring to look very similar, which makes me sad as I can probably seeing it being very similar to the above :lol: 

Bastille had a massive arena tour (including two nights at the O2) off the back of a successful second album, although i much prefer Royal Blood, Bastille are in a much stronger position to demand a co-headline slot than Royal Blood are.

Stone Sour could definitely play R&L, if they have had Mastodon at R&L Stone Sour could and headline the Pit, their last tour was only at Academies and they've not done anything to raise their stock since.

Architects could play the NME, plenty of Metal bands have and Neck Deep would likely play above them, they suit R&L better and their last album sold better than Architects did.

Big Sean i appear to have underestimated as he has done a lot more than i was aware of.

I wouldn't say that playing 3 nights at the Roundhouse means you couldn't do the Dance Stage, they've had plenty of big acts headline it over the years and the tent is just as big as the NME is so the size wouldn't be a problem.

I think part of the reason predictions look very similar on this is because R&L is getting too predictable and when one person suggests what seems like something R&L would do everyone tends to agree and jump on it.

59 minutes ago, Gozpot said:

Only real question I would have is if The Chainsmokers are really big enough to sub, I've only heard one song of theirs (to my knowledge). I was expecting them to headline the dance stage.

Literally all I know about the Chainsmokers is that Shaun182 thinks they're huge.

17 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

A lot of predictions are staring to look very similar, which makes me sad as I can probably seeing it being very similar to the above :lol: 

Always happens though. Parts of the forum where we're all predicting turn into an echo chamber because of the approval of such ideas and when something comes along unexpected, eg. Eminem who nobody was predicting this time, the whole place is blindsided. Will happen again with the first batch of names too.

1 minute ago, Gozpot said:

Bastille had a massive arena tour (including two nights at the O2) off the back of a successful second album, although i much prefer Royal Blood, Bastille are in a much stronger position to demand a co-headline slot than Royal Blood are.

Stone Sour could definitely play R&L, if they have had Mastodon at R&L Stone Sour could and headline the Pit, their last tour was only at Academies and they've not done anything to raise their stock since.

Architects could play the NME, plenty of Metal bands have and Neck Deep would likely play above them, they suit R&L better and their last album sold better than Architects did.

Big Sean i appear to have underestimated as he has done a lot more than i was aware of.

I wouldn't say that playing 3 nights at the Roundhouse means you couldn't do the Dance Stage, they've had plenty of big acts headline it over the years and the tent is just as big as the NME is so the size wouldn't be a problem.

I think part of the reason predictions look very similar on this is because R&L is getting too predictable and when one person suggests what seems like something R&L would do everyone tends to agree and jump on it.

I can't agree with you on Bastille, sorry. Royal Blood are the most obvious 'new' band to next make the step up, without a doubt. 

Can't agree with you on Stone Sour, either. They're so far removed from what R&L is. Mastodon have a history of playing the festival a couple of times before. Stone Sour are a DL band through and through. 

Architects wouldn't play the NME. No way. I'll give you that Neck Deep could probably play above them, though. Architects either headline The Pit or play mid Main Stage if they play. 

Friday:

Main: You Me At Six & Alt-J / Twenty One Pilots / Panic! At The Disco / Twin Atlantic / Of Mice & Men / Deaf Havana / Beartooth / SWMRS

NME: Chase & Status / Slaves / Angels and Airwaves / Neck Deep / Death Grips / Yelawolf / Coasts / FIDLAR / Pulled Apart By Horses / Arcane Roots / The LaFontaines

Dance: Annie Mac

Pit: Architects

FR: American Football

1Xtra: Danny Brown

Satuday:

Main: Kasabian / Catfish & The Bottlemen / Enter Shikari / Wolf Alice / Jimmy Eat World / The Pretty Reckless / The Wonder Years / Moose Blood / Creeper

NME: Flume / Stormzy / The Hives / Lower Than Atlantis / Marmozets / Ab-Soul / The King Blues / Saint Raymond / Vant / Beach Slang / Muncie Girls

Dance: Sub Focus

Pit: Killswitch Engage

FR: Feeder

1Xtra: Lethal Bizzle

Sunday:

Main: Eminem / Major Lazer / Frank Ocean / HAIM / Billy Talent / Blossoms / The Hunna / Modern Baseball / Eliza and The Bear

NME: Jamie T / Foster The People / Nothing But Thieves / JME / Mallory Knox / Japandroids / Loyle Carner / Young Guns/ Spring King / The Wytches / Fangclub

Dance: The Chainsmokers

Lock Up: Billy Talent

FR: The Fratellis

1Xtra: Akala

Updated it after YMAS confirming they are headlining and changed a couple other bits up.

Edited by Gozpot

32 minutes ago, Gozpot said:

Friday:

Main: You Me At Six & Alt-J / Twenty One Pilots / Panic! At The Disco / Twin Atlantic / Of Mice & Men / Deaf Havana / Beartooth / SWMRS

NME: Chase & Status / Slaves / Angels and Airwaves / Neck Deep / Death Grips / Yelawolf / Coasts / FIDLAR / Pulled Apart By Horses / Arcane Roots / The LaFontaines

Satuday:

Main: Kasabian / Catfish & The Bottlemen / Enter Shikari / Wolf Alice / Jimmy Eat World / The Pretty Reckless / The Wonder Years / Moose Blood / Creeper

NME: Flume / Stormzy / The Hives / Lower Than Atlantis / Marmozets / Ab-Soul / The King Blues / Saint Raymond / Vant / Beach Slang / Muncie Girls

Sunday:

Main: Eminem / Major Lazer / Frank Ocean / HAIM / Billy Talent / Blossoms / The Hunna / Modern Baseball / Eliza and The Bear

NME: Jamie T / Foster The People / Nothing But Thieves / JME / Mallory Knox / Japandroids / Loyle Carner / Young Guns/ Spring King / The Wytches / Fangclub

Updated it after YMAS confirming they are headlining and changed a couple other bits up.

Put JEW up one and Rise Against below. I'd expect to see RTJ too but overall pretty naff.

2 hours ago, Gozpot said:

Friday:

Satuday:

Sunday:

Apologies if i've been massively blind - but where did the YMAS stuff/self-conf come from?

2 hours ago, CJTM said:

Apologies if i've been massively blind - but where did the YMAS stuff/self-conf come from?

They said it last night at a gig but apparently afterwards he said it was a joke, I didn't hear that part as the crowd was too loud.

So it seems likely it was just a joke after all.

Reading Friday/Leeds Saturday:

Main Stage: Guns N' Roses / Royal Blood / You Me At Six / Twin Atlantic / Of Mice and Men / Billy Talent / Modern Baseball / Against The Current / Creeper
NME/Radio 1 Stage: Flume / Skepta / Marmozets 

Reading Saturday/Leeds Sunday

Main Stage: 
Eminem / Twenty One Pilots / Wolf Alice / Everything Everything / Neck Deep / Asking Alexandria / Deaf Havana / The Struts / The Sherlocks
NME/Radio 1 Stage: Jake Bugg / HAIM / Death Grips

Reading Sunday/Leeds Friday

Main Stage: Kasabian / Catfish and the Bottlemen / LCD Soundsystem / Run The Jewels / Cage The Elephant / Blossoms / The Neighbourhood / Arcane Roots / Beartooth
NME/Radio 1 Stage: Enter Shikari / Rise Against / Circa Waves

15 minutes ago, VCK said:

Reading Friday/Leeds Saturday:

Main Stage: Guns N' Roses / Royal Blood / You Me At Six / Twin Atlantic / Of Mice and Men / Billy Talent / Modern Baseball / Against The Current / Creeper
NME/Radio 1 Stage: Flume / Skepta / Marmozets 

Reading Saturday/Leeds Sunday

Main Stage: 
Eminem / Twenty One Pilots / Wolf Alice / Everything Everything / Neck Deep / Asking Alexandria / Deaf Havana / The Struts / The Sherlocks
NME/Radio 1 Stage: Jake Bugg / HAIM / Death Grips

Reading Sunday/Leeds Friday

Main Stage: Kasabian / Catfish and the Bottlemen / LCD Soundsystem / Run The Jewels / Cage The Elephant / Blossoms / The Neighbourhood / Arcane Roots / Beartooth
NME/Radio 1 Stage: Enter Shikari / Rise Against / Circa Waves

Whyyyyy put LCD Soundsystem in front of a crowd waiting for Kasabian and Catfish and the Bottlemen? Even ignoring the fact that they wouldn't play that low, that scenario sounds beyond horrendous for all concerned.

Final predingaling before the news. My Photoshop trial expired.

ROYAL BLOOD, Skepta, You Me at Six, Rancid, Rise Against, New Found Glory, Moose Blood, Against the Current, *special guest openers* Enter Shikari
NME: Flume, Circa Waves, Jungle, The Hunna, Temples, Drenge, Clean Cut Kid, Cabbage, The Japanese House, The Magic Gang, Estrons
FR: The Horrors, Sundara Karma / DS: Kaytranada, Gesaffelstein / LU: Billy Talent, letlive / 1X: Rae Sremmurd, Isaiah Rashad

EMINEM, The Prodigy, Wolf Alice, Twin Atlantic, Jimmy Eat World, Everything Everything, Rat Boy, Spring King, Milk Teeth
NME: Metronomy, Glass Animals, Neck Deep, Danny Brown, Fidlar, The Sherlocks, Section Boyz, Modern Baseball, The Big Moon, Dead!, Black Peaks
FR: American Football, Mongol Horde / DS: Annie Mac, Richie Hawtin / RS: Frank Carter & the Rattlesnakes, Marmozets / 1X: Krept & Konan, Sampha

KASABIAN, Catfish & the Bottlemen, Panic at the Disco, Haim, Peace, Blossoms, Deap Vally, Pulled Apart By Horses, Creeper
NME: Brand New, Death Grips, The Hives, DMA's, Nao, Loyle Carner, Japandroids, Lady Leshurr, Vant, Rag'n'Bone Man, Inheaven
FR: Frightened Rabbit, Shura / DS: The Chainsmokers, Skream / RS: Killswitch Engage, Red Fang / 1X: Action Bronson, Lil Yachty

Edited by dentalplan
  • Downvote 1

21 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

ROYAL BLOOD, Skepta, You Me at Six, Rancid, Rise Against, New Found Glory, Moose Blood, Against the Current, *special guest openers* Enter Shikari
NME: Flume, Circa Waves, Jungle, The Hunna, Temples, Drenge, Clean Cut Kid, Cabbage, The Japanese House, The Magic Gang, Estrons
FR: The Horrors, Sundara Karma / DS: Kaytranada, Gesaffelstein / LU: Billy Talent, letlive / 1X: Rae Sremmurd, Isaiah Rashad

EMINEM, The Prodigy, Wolf Alice, Twin Atlantic, Jimmy Eat World, Everything Everything, Rat Boy, Spring King, Milk Teeth
NME: Metronomy, Glass Animals, Neck Deep, Danny Brown, Fidlar, The Sherlocks, Section Boyz, Modern Baseball, The Big Moon, Dead!, Black Peaks
FR: American Football, Mongol Horde / DS: Annie Mac, Richie Hawtin / RS: Frank Carter & the Rattlesnakes, Marmozets / 1X: Krept & Konan, Sampha

KASABIAN, Catfish & the Bottlemen, Panic at the Disco, Haim, Peace, Blossoms, Deap Vally, Pulled Apart By Horses, Creeper
NME: Brand New, Death Grips, The Hives, DMA's, Nao, Loyle Carner, Japandroids, Lady Leshurr, Vant, Rag'n'Bone Man, Inheaven
FR: Frightened Rabbit, Shura / DS: The Chainsmokers, Skream / RS: Killswitch Engage, Red Fang / 1X: Action Bronson, Lil Yachty

Saturday is lethal for clashes

8 hours ago, dentalplan said:

9 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Plenty in there that I would be pleased with. I like the idea of 'special guest openers' but I couldn't see it being Shikari, if they do have one. They'd be much more suited to headlining the NME as their show is really great in the dark. Rancid is an odd one, why makes you think they'll play? I'd be happy with it though, big time. Frank Carter headlining that stage opposite Eminem would be perfect, as would Brand New or Killswitch as an alternative to Kasabian. Skepta subbing is definitely something I can see happening within the next couple of years. 

Final prediction here, also, before the announcement this week, with the Muse stuff taken into account. 

Kasabian / Bastille / Catfish and the Bottlemen / Metronomy / Everything Everything / Blossoms / Circa Waves / Deap Vally / VANT 

FLUME / Stormzy / Glass Animals / Danny Brown

Killswitch Engage / The Ghost Inside / SikTh

Eminem / Major Lazer / Wolf Alice / Run The Jewels / Twin Atlantic / The Pretty Reckless / Moose Blood / Against The Current / Frank Iero And The Patience

Enter Shikari / Jimmy Eat World / The Hunna / Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes 

Against Me! / letlive. / The Menzingers

Muse / Twenty One Pilots / You Me At Six / Rise Against / Neck Deep / Billy Talent / While She Sleeps / Creeper / Black Peaks 

Jake Bugg / Jungle / White Lies / Temples

Rise Against / Marmozets / Touché Amoré

3 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Plenty in there that I would be pleased with. I like the idea of 'special guest openers' but I couldn't see it being Shikari, if they do have one. They'd be much more suited to headlining the NME as their show is really great in the dark. Rancid is an odd one, why makes you think they'll play? I'd be happy with it though, big time. Frank Carter headlining that stage opposite Eminem would be perfect, as would Brand New or Killswitch as an alternative to Kasabian. Skepta subbing is definitely something I can see happening within the next couple of years. 

It's outdated now. :lol:

But maybe you're right about Shikari; I just felt like they might do it because they've got a good relationship with the fest and it might be something they could add later on ie. after Slam Dunk and not be like adding an NME headliner - tho if they have the Coachella style poster again it's irrelevant.

I think Brand New will likely be there and because it might be their last festival show here they could headline NME or something.

Rancid are just because they're not at Download despite being at all the festivals surrounding. No reason to announce them later either.