The Space To Put Predictions And Then Provide Feedback Or Bold Bands If You Want To Show People Who You Like Thread

22 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Everyone's album is everywhere.

And if you personally can't that is fine but they have already proved they aren't a flash in the pan.

Everyone's album is everywhere? What does that even mean? Royal Blood's album will be promoted everywhere. You'll hear it on mainstream radio stations and see it advertised everywhere. Touché Amoré didn't get that treatment. So every album isn't everywhere. You know what I meant. 

I just don't see R&L taking the risk on a band that has only released one album and played 3rd top on main off the back of that without having even seen the reaction to another single, let alone an album.

Think they'll hit the festival scene hard in 2017, do Glasto, Download, TITP (if it's actually on? etc then come back and headline Reading 2018 if the album does well.

Just now, Gozpot said:

I just don't see R&L taking the risk on a band that has only released one album and played 3rd top on main off the back of that without having even seen the reaction to another single, let alone an album.

Think they'll hit the festival scene hard in 2017, do Glasto, Download, TITP (if it's actually on? etc then come back and headline Reading 2018 if the album does well.

that's how every headliner is decided upon to be a headliner for the first time - somebody has to take that gamble, and Royal Blood seem like a pretty safe one to me. i also don't see R/L wanting every other festival to have seen their headliner several times over before they're given the chance to headline - why do it in 2018 when people will be sick of them rather than in 2017 when people are getting hyped over them again and you're the first festival to have them in a headliner position?

2 hours ago, dentalplan said:
3 hours ago, thewayiam said:

6 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Everyone's album is everywhere? What does that even mean? Royal Blood's album will be promoted everywhere. You'll hear it on mainstream radio stations and see it advertised everywhere. Touché Amoré didn't get that treatment. So every album isn't everywhere. You know what I meant. 

And you knew what I mean.

Touch Amoré are tiny compared. 

14 hours ago, thewayiam said:

No, they are a band with one sound

I don't agree with this at all, but if, for the sake of argument, I agree that Royal Blood only have one sound... surely that'd surely eliminate all risk of their second album flopping? If their new music is going to sound the same as Little Monster, Figure It Out, Ten Tonne Skeleton etc., I don't see much of risk on R&L's part to give them a co-headline slot. 

1 hour ago, JSmurphy said:

I don't agree with this at all, but if, for the sake of argument, I agree that Royal Blood only have one sound... surely that'd surely eliminate all risk of their second album flopping? If their new music is going to sound the same as Little Monster, Figure It Out, Ten Tonne Skeleton etc., I don't see much of risk on R&L's part to give them a co-headline slot. 

I didn't say it will, I said it could and I'm not the only one who has in the past. 

Friday:

Kasabian / Catfish and the bottlemen / A day to remember / Rise against / Warpaint / Blossoms / Pvris / Beartooth / Black peaks

NME: Chase and status / Stormzy / White lies / Wilkinson / Danny brown / Rag'n'bone man / Rationale / Frightened rabbit

Dance: Zhu Pit: Killswitch engage FR: Feeder 1xtra: Ty dolla sign

Saturday:

Eminem / The chainsmokers / Kaiser chiefs / Wolf alice / Circa waves / Neck deep / While she sleeps / Vant / SWMRS

NME: Enter shikari / Jimmy eat world / Of mice & men / Mallory knox / Marmozets / Jagwar ma / Coasts / The sherlocks

Dance: MNEK Pit: At the drive in FR: Mgmt 1xtra: Lethal bizzle

Sunday:

Bring me the horizon / You me at six / Weezer / Run the jewels / Architects / The pretty reckless / Moose blood / Against the current / Creeper

NME: Flume / Haim / Glass animals / Anderson. paak / Drenge / The hunna / The struts / Clean cut kid

Dance: Craig david's ts5 Lockup: Sum 41 FR: Peace 1xtra: Wretch 32

49 minutes ago, Shaun182 said:

Friday:

Kasabian / Catfish and the bottlemen / A day to remember / Rise against / Warpaint / Blossoms / Pvris / Beartooth / Black peaks

NME: Chase and status / Stormzy / White lies / Wilkinson / Danny brown / Rag'n'bone man / Rationale / Frightened rabbit

Saturday:

Eminem / The chainsmokers / Kaiser chiefs / Wolf alice / Circa waves / Neck deep / While she sleeps / Vant / SWMRS

NME: Enter shikari / Jimmy eat world / Of mice & men / Mallory knox / Marmozets / Jagwar ma / Coasts / The sherlocks

Sunday:

Bring me the horizon / You me at six / Weezer / Run the jewels / Architects / The pretty reckless / Moose blood / Against the current / Creeper

NME: Flume / Haim / Glass animals / Anderson. paak / Drenge / The hunna / The struts / Clean cut kid

I'd 100% go to that Friday and probably finish with Feeder.

1 hour ago, Shaun182 said:

Friday:

Saturday:

Sunday:

You missed Twin Atlantic who play every year basically (except last year) so they'll be back somewhere, probably 4th/5th top on Main stage.

Only real question I would have is if The Chainsmokers are really big enough to sub, I've only heard one song of theirs (to my knowledge). I was expecting them to headline the dance stage.

Edited by Gozpot

Friday:

Main: Alt-J & Bastille / Twenty One Pilots / Panic! At The Disco / Twin Atlantic / Of Mice & Men / Mallory Knox / Beartooth / SWMRS

NME: Chase & Status / Slaves / Neck Deep / Architects / Death Grips / Big Sean / Yelawolf / FIDLAR / Pulled Apart By Horses / Arcane Roots / The LaFontaines

Dance: Annie Mac

Pit: Stone Sour

FR: American Football

1Xtra: Danny Brown

Satuday:

Main: Kasabian / Catfish & The Bottlemen / You Me At Six / Wolf Alice / Jimmy Eat World / The Pretty Reckless / The Wonder Years / Moose Blood / Creeper

NME: Flume / Stormzy / The Hives / Lower Than Atlantis / Marmozets / The King Blues / Coasts / Saint Raymond / Vant / Beach Slang / Muncie Girls

Dance: Sub Focus

Pit: Killswitch Engage

FR: Feeder

1Xtra: Lethal Bizzle

Sunday:

Main: Eminem / Major Lazer / Frank Ocean / HAIM / Billy Talent / Blossoms / The Hunna / Modern Baseball / Eliza and The Bear

NME: Jamie T / Foster The People / Nothing But Thieves / JME / Deaf Havana / Japandroids / Young Guns / Royal Republic / The Struts / Spring King / Fangclub

Dance: The Chainsmokers

Lock Up: Billy Talent

FR: The Fratellis

1Xtra: Akala

10 minutes ago, Gozpot said:

Friday:

Main: Alt-J & Bastille / Twenty One Pilots / Panic! At The Disco / Twin Atlantic / Of Mice & Men / Mallory Knox / Beartooth / SWMRS

NME: Chase & Status / Slaves / Neck Deep / Architects / Death Grips / Big Sean / Yelawolf / FIDLAR / Pulled Apart By Horses / Arcane Roots / The LaFontaines

Dance: Annie Mac

Pit: Stone Sour

FR: American Football

1Xtra: Danny Brown

Satuday:

Main: Kasabian / Catfish & The Bottlemen / You Me At Six / Wolf Alice / Jimmy Eat World / The Pretty Reckless / The Wonder Years / Moose Blood / Creeper

NME: Flume / Stormzy / The Hives / Lower Than Atlantis / Marmozets / The King Blues / Coasts / Saint Raymond / Vant / Beach Slang / Muncie Girls

Dance: Sub Focus

Pit: Killswitch Engage

FR: Feeder

1Xtra: Lethal Bizzle

Sunday:

Main: Eminem / Major Lazer / Frank Ocean / HAIM / Billy Talent / Blossoms / The Hunna / Modern Baseball / Eliza and The Bear

NME: Jamie T / Foster The People / Nothing But Thieves / JME / Deaf Havana / Japandroids / Young Guns / Royal Republic / The Struts / Spring King / Fangclub

Dance: The Chainsmokers

Lock Up: Billy Talent

FR: The Fratellis

1Xtra: Akala

God, that Friday Main is woeful :P people are complaining at the thought of Royal Blood headlining but talking up Bastille? Not a chance they're headlining, outright or otherwise. Not a chance in hell Stone Sour ever play R&L. They'd be WAY too big for The Pit, regardless. Architects wouldn't play the NME and should be higher than Neck Deep. Big Sean is far too low, also. 

Saturday looks fine, though. Killswitch headlining that stage would be immense. 

Sunday is awful, too. I'm not sure they'd put Jamie T against Eminem. The Chainsmokers are playing 3 nights at the Roundhouse which is 5000+ in total, so wouldn't be on that stage. Sub NME is where I would put them. 

A lot of predictions are staring to look very similar, which makes me sad as I can probably seeing it being very similar to the above :lol: 

Edited by Andre91