The Space To Put Predictions And Then Provide Feedback Or Bold Bands If You Want To Show People Who You Like Thread

21 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Slipknot could well be a possibility too. Could see them popping up at August festivals and hitting R+L.

Slipknot are done touring Grey Chapter and Corey (if he is still doing what he said at his solo UK show at Koko in May) will be starting to work on a new Stone Sour record over the winter before coming back to tour it next summer in Europe.

4 minutes ago, Gozpot said:

Slipknot are done touring Grey Chapter and Corey (if he is still doing what he said at his solo UK show at Koko in May) will be starting to work on a new Stone Sour record over the winter before coming back to tour it next summer in Europe.

They've said about a new Slipknot album coming out too haven't they? It would be possible to tour with Slipknot and Stone Sour in the same summer. I dunno really but R+L have the power to get acts to do rare festival shows anyway (Paramore, Imagine Dragons, Fall Out Boy) so I'm not sure how much it counts for to not be touring anymore. :P

40 minutes ago, BeddingatReading said:

I thought on here if a band was just below the co-headliners they'd be classed as sub headliners, if that is the case then I'd have thought Bastille would be well placed, possibly agree about Catfish though with their popularity at the moment probably could be higher. 

FR headliners are hard to predict so I'll take your word that none of them are ready yet. I'd say Neck Deep are really big in the Punk Pop community at the moment though so have to argue with you on them. 

Depends who you ask I suppose - I certainly don't think there's a difference between third down a coheadline day and a standard day.

And yeah if Neck Deep are a real up and coming band they won't be jammed in small stages while the headliners are on and will instead be filling out the undercard on one of the top two stages.

26 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

They've said about a new Slipknot album coming out too haven't they? It would be possible to tour with Slipknot and Stone Sour in the same summer. I dunno really but R+L have the power to get acts to do rare festival shows anyway (Paramore, Imagine Dragons, Fall Out Boy) so I'm not sure how much it counts for to not be touring anymore. :P

From a Facebook post Corey Taylor seemingly to say that thanks for all the support on the last album and the touring of it but it's done now and Corey has even said how much Slipknot hurts him physically and how he either needs it to slow down or he will have to let Slipknot continue without him, so I can't see them rushing another album out 

MAIN STAGE: Paramore, Royal Blood, You Me At Six, Jimmy Eat World, Rise Against, Neck Deep, PVRIS, Moose Blood, Modern Life is War
NME: Skepta, Clean Bandit, White Lies, MØ, Drenge, American Football, Ezra Furman, Saint Raymond, Misty Miller, Scorcher, Muncie Girls
THE PIT: Glassjaw, Touché Amoré
DANCE STAGE: Noisia
FESTIVAL REPUBLIC: British Sea Power 

MAIN STAGE: Kasabian, Catfish & The Bottlemen, A Day to Remember, Wolf Alice, Architects, Blossoms, Modern Baseball, Against The Current, Creeper
NME: Weezer, SBTRKT, Jet, Django Django, Tove Lo, Jagwar Ma, The Sherlocks, Grouplove, Skott, Vukovi, et aliae 
THE PIT: letlive., Marmozets
DANCE STAGE: Wilkinson
FESTIVAL REPUBLIC: Swim Deep

MAIN STAGE: Eminem, Major Lazer, Twenty One Pilots, Gorgon City, Christine and the Queens, While She Sleeps, The Story So Far, The Wonder Years, Pup
NME: Justice, Earl Sweatshirt, Glass Animals, Young Fathers, Danny Brown, Honeyblood, Beach Slang, Black Foxxes, Baby Strange, MIST, Hippo Campus
LOCK UP: Billy Talent, Four Year Strong
DANCE: Flux Pavillion
FESTIVAL REPUBLIC: Feeder

2 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

MAIN STAGE: Paramore, Royal Blood, You Me At Six, Jimmy Eat World, Rise Against, Neck Deep, PVRIS, Moose Blood, Modern Life is War
NME: Skepta, Clean Bandit, White Lies, MØ, Drenge, American Football, Ezra Furman, Saint Raymond, Misty Miller, Scorcher, Muncie Girls

MAIN STAGE: Kasabian, Catfish & The Bottlemen, A Day to Remember, Wolf Alice, Architects, Blossoms, Modern Baseball, Against The Current, Creeper
NME: Weezer, SBTRKT, Jet, Django Django, Tove Lo, Jagwar Ma, The Sherlocks, Grouplove, Skott, Vukovi, et aliae 

MAIN STAGE: Eminem, Major Lazer, Twenty One Pilots, Gorgon City, Christine and the Queens, While She Sleeps, The Story So Far, The Wonder Years, Pup
NME: Justice, Earl Sweatshirt, Glass Animals, Young Fathers, Danny Brown, Honeyblood, Beach Slang, Black Foxxes, Baby Strange, MIST, Hippo Campus

I would just about get day tickets for Friday and Saturday. 

2 hours ago, JSmurphy said:

MAIN STAGE: ParamoreRoyal Blood, You Me At Six, Jimmy Eat World, Rise Against, Neck Deep, PVRIS, Moose Blood, Modern Life is War

That lineup would be pretty strong for me

Paramore / Twenty One Pilots / A Day To Remember / Rise Against / Billy Talent / Neck Deep / While She Sleeps / Creeper / Black Peaks 

Jake Bugg / White Lies 

Rise Against / Marmozets 

Eminem / Royal Blood / Wolf Alice / Run The Jewels / Twin Atlantic / The Pretty Reckless / Moose Blood / Frank Iero And The Patience / SWMRS 

Enter Shikari / Jimmy Eat World

Against Me! / letlive. 

Kasabian / Bastille / Catfish and the Bottlemen / Metronomy / Blossoms / Band of Skulls / Circa Waves / Deap Vally / VANT 

FLUME / Stormzy

Killswitch Engage / The Ghost Inside 

3 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Yeah I've changed my mind already :lol: 

Royal Blood / Twenty One Pilots / ADTR

Eminem / Major Lazer / Wolf Alice 

Kasabian / Bastille / Catfish 

Why are you putting RB two above Catfish? RB above Bastille? Wolf Alice with Catfish and ADTR?

Edited by thewayiam
  • Downvote 2

11 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Yeah I've changed my mind already :lol: 

Royal Blood / Twenty One Pilots / ADTR

Eminem / Major Lazer / Wolf Alice 

Kasabian / Bastille / Catfish 

Royal Blood headlining? They won't be co-headlining in all likelihood, too much of a gamble for R&L without having atleast seen the reaction to the first single off a new album, unless you are suggesting a co-headline with TOP which just will not happen either, TOP will co-headline or headline with a new album, not on the arse end of a tour when they've played at R&L before with that album and didn't even headline the second stage.

Wolf Alice will not be third on main, they are not that popular, 4th top on main at most.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

The new headliner to be alt-J coheadlining on their own, because they're the one act 'big enough to coheadline'.

Would much prefer them to take the chance on giving a band like Alt-J outright headlining duties rather than wimping out and doing co-headliners again, not even a big Alt-J fan.

That said they probably will end up co-headlining, just god knows who it'll be with.

48 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Why are you putting RB two above Catfish? RB above Bastille? Wolf Alice with Catfish and ADTR?

Because Royal Blood are tailor made future headliners. Their album will get constant airplay, will go straight to #1 and will propel them to headliner status. Catfish could sub, I agree. But I needed to fit Bastille in there, too. Wolf Alice being third under a super strong duo like Eminem and Major Lazer wouldn't surprise me, either. 

17 minutes ago, Gozpot said:

Would much prefer them to take the chance on giving a band like Alt-J outright headlining duties rather than wimping out and doing co-headliners again, not even a big Alt-J fan.

That said they probably will end up co-headlining, just god knows who it'll be with.

Well that's where the whole "coheadliner but not a headliner" thing falls down. If they don't have the suitable acts to do it then they just have one headliner in that slot. Doesn't mean they're bigger than they would've been, it's dependent on who's available.

It's similar conjecture I know but I suspect they reach out to bands to headline and if they have more than the slots allow then they'll go back to a couple of them and say "the band may have to share headline duties - can they still play?" and obviously smaller bands like alt-J aren't in a position to let up on that.

I suppose this year they may have not been able to get around Foals wanting to do Glastonbury or alt-J wanting to do their own festival and turned one from sub to coheadliner but I can't imagine the regular process is to approach a band to coheadline and then frantically go through the Rolodex for any act that has played sub/3rd in the past few years to get an unwarranted bump up to legitimise it.

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

Because Royal Blood are tailor made future headliners. Their album will get constant airplay, will go straight to #1 and will propel them to headliner status. Catfish could sub, I agree. But I needed to fit Bastille in there, too. Wolf Alice being third under a super strong duo like Eminem and Major Lazer wouldn't surprise me, either. 

No, they are a band with one sound where the hype could easily drop. 

Catfish if they continue are R&L future headliners easily. One more album and they'll probably be there. I agree with Bastille but Wolf Alice aren't playing 3rd unless they are a complete exclusive and even still they don't have the rep RB did, they really aren't that big.

You are more likely to get TOP/Bastille co-headlining.

3 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

No, they are a band with one sound where the hype could easily drop. 

Catfish if they continue are R&L future headliners easily. One more album and they'll probably be there. I agree with Bastille but Wolf Alice aren't playing 3rd unless they are a complete exclusive and even still they don't have the rep RB did, they really aren't that big.

You are more likely to get TOP/Bastille co-headlining.

I fail to see how Royal Blood's hype could drop when they release a new album. It'll be everywhere. 

I personally can't see Catfish ever getting to headline. I see them as a slightly 'flash in the pan' kind of band. 

51 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

I fail to see how Royal Blood's hype could drop when they release a new album. It'll be everywhere. 

I personally can't see Catfish ever getting to headline. I see them as a slightly 'flash in the pan' kind of band. 

Everyone's album is everywhere.

And if you personally can't that is fine but they have already proved they aren't a flash in the pan.

• Downvote 2