The Space To Put Predictions And Then Provide Feedback Or Bold Bands If You Want To Show People Who You Like Thread

15 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

aye pretty much - big electronic act, headlined Bestival this year, put on a big 'party'-esque show with dancers, live vocalists etc. like a lot of people on here i reckon they must be in with a good chance of being at the festival next year, probably subbing

Yeah this festival isn't really for me anymore :D

1 hour ago, kingcrawler said:

Is there a reason no one's predicted Jamie T for a while? Might have missed something but he seems likely for a big slot.

I've predicted him to headline the NME in every prediction i've done. I think people are just cramming in so many bands that some have to be dropped here or there.

36 minutes ago, hamishrankin said:

With Blink being announced for Download (France) and a few other festivals around Europe over the summer any chance they'll play R&L, it does seem to be their favoured British festival?

The fact they're in Europe in June basically removes all likelihood, with Travis not flying they'll do everything in one big blow, can't see them touring Europe for 3 months just to fit Reading in.

'Cause it's gonna be GNR :ninja::lol: 

MAIN: Kasabian / Catfish and the Bottlemen / Wolf Alice / Metronomy / Blossoms / Band of Skulls / Circa Waves / Deap Vally / Vant

NME: Enter Shikari / Jimmy Eat World / The Hunna

Lock-up: Against Me! / Marmozets

MAIN: Kanye West / Twenty One Pilots / You Me At Six / Run The Jewels / Twin Atlantic / The Pretty Reckless / Moose Blood / Frank Iero & The Patience / SWMRS

NME: Jake Bugg / Christine and the Queens / White Lies

Pit: Killswitch Engage / The Ghost Inside

MAIN: Guns 'N Roses / Royal Blood / A Day To Remember / Rise Against / Neck Deep / Billy Talent / While She Sleeps / Creeper / Black Peaks

NME: FLUME / Stormzy / The Chainsmokers

Pit: Rise Against / letlive.

Edited by Andre91

7 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

MAIN: Kasabian / Catfish and the Bottlemen / Wolf Alice / Metronomy / Blossoms / Band of Skulls / Circa Waves / Deap Vally / Vant

MAIN: Kanye West / Twenty One Pilots / You Me At Six / Run The Jewels / Twin Atlantic / The Pretty Reckless / Moose Blood / Frank Iero & The Patience / SWMRS

MAIN: Guns 'N Roses / Royal Blood / A Day To Remember / Rise Against / Neck Deep / Billy Talent / While She Sleeps / Creeper / Black Peaks

Yeah this looks pretty feasible. Dunno if I'd get a ticket though, Kanye would be tempting but there's not loads that interests me there and those that do I've seen before.

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

Friday NME and Lock-Up aren't gonna clash.. right? :( Very little for me on Saturday, swap Jake Bugg with Weezer tho and it's all good. That Sunday looks really strong too. 

14 minutes ago, Shaun182 said:

Chainsmokers won't be that low down

If they're in Europe around the time of R&L they'll play V.

2 hours ago, Andre91 said:

There isn't a chance that GNR day will be that strong. They will have very quick sell outs if it happened, they could easily get away with ADTR subbing it even if they shouldn't be, you are probably getting a days money in some people's eye's without GNR even there. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

36 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

There isn't a chance that GNR day will be that strong. They will have very quick sell outs if it happened, they could easily get away with ADTR subbing it even if they shouldn't be, you are probably getting a days money in some people's eye's without GNR even there. 

Royal Blood probably being able to be pushed as a co-headliner aside, that GnR day isn't all that strong at all. i doubt if they've got GnR they'll go with a weaker undercard; they've never (obviously) done similar with other big name headliners in the past

2 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Royal Blood probably being able to be pushed as a co-headliner aside, that GnR day isn't all that strong at all. i doubt if they've got GnR they'll go with a weaker undercard; they've never (obviously) done similar with other big name headliners in the past

When compared to other two it's way stronger. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Just now, thewayiam said:

When compared to other two it's way stronger. 

debatable really. obviously more your kind of music so you think that, but all the acts below A Day to Remember aren't really that big or hugely popular with the R/L demographic. it'd be huge at Download - not so much at R/L (imo of course - maybe it's just me who's off the mark)

23 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

debatable really. obviously more your kind of music so you think that, but all the acts below A Day to Remember aren't really that big or hugely popular with the R/L demographic. it'd be huge at Download - not so much at R/L (imo of course - maybe it's just me who's off the mark)

You say that, I'm only a fan of ADTR early stuff and RB don't interest me that much, plus out of the bottom 5, Billy Talent is all I'd really bother with and they've not released anything too worthy for a while....I'm kind of done with their early stuff now. I admit the only act I'd bother with in the top 3/4 on the other days is RTJ.

• Downvote 2

4 hours ago, Andre91 said:

MAIN: Kanye West / Twenty One Pilots / You Me At Six / Run The Jewels / Twin AtlanticThe Pretty Reckless / Moose Blood / Frank Iero & The Patience / SWMRS

Some placements on there that i think are off.

Catfish subbing and Wolf Alice third isn't happening. Catfish maybe as a sub but Wolf Alice won't be higher than 4th from top on main.

Jimmy Eat World subbing NME is probably a little high too.

Twin Atlantic would probably play 4th from top on Main.

If Creeper play main stage they would be opening it, not playing any higher up.

The Chainsmokers aren't going to be third down on the NME, lower placing than Jimmy Eat World? Not a chance.

Doubt we will get anyone nearly as big as GnR but it'd be nice if they did pull of a massive headliner.

• 2 weeks later...

I thought I'd have a go.. If any are too high/low or unrealistic let me know but I didn't take too long doing it, tried to come up with a few names that haven't been mentioned, too.

Friday Main: Royal Blood/The Weeknd, Bastille, Catfish, Twin Atlantic, Blossoms, Moose Blood, Rat Boy, Deap Vally

NME: Justice

Pit: Modern Baseball

FR: The Sherlocks

Saturday Main: Kasabian, Elbow, The Lumineers, Wolf Alice, Peace, Cage The Elephant, New Found Glory, Band of Skulls, The Hunna

NME:  Frank Turner

Pit: Yellowcard

FR: Little Comets

Sunday Main: Slipknot, You Me At Six, A Day To Remember, All Time Low, Billy Talent, Pierce The Veil, Milk Teeth, While She Sleeps, Creeper

NME: Primal Scream

Lockup: Neck Deep

FR: The Japanese House

Hmm I think Royal Blood and The Weeknd would be a really odd pairing to share headline duties for a night - I don't personally see The Weeknd ever doing R+L cos he seems a real odd fit but if he was I think it'd be done differently.

Bastille and Catfish are probably too big now for 3rd and 4th respectively. Lumineers would be very lucky to get a third down billing as their slots weren't that big this summer. Don't think The Japanese House, Neck Deep, Modern Baseball, Little Comets or The Sherlocks would be headlining stages at this point and Primal Scream won't be playing ever again really.

Justice is a good shout that I haven't seen yet. They did stop off on their last tour so I don't know why it hasn't been suggested a bit more. Would be great. 

Slipknot could well be a possibility too. Could see them popping up at August festivals and hitting R+L.

The Killers // Major Lazer // Twenty One Pilots // HAIM // Blossoms

NME - Frank Turner & The Sleeping Souls // The Hives

FR - Temples

Lock Up/Pit - Neck Deep

Kasabian // Bastille // Catfish & The Bottlemen // Wolf Alice // Peace

NME - Flume // White Lies // Bloc Party

FR - The Horrors // Jagwar Ma

Lock Up/Pit - Death From Above 1979

Slipknot // System of a Down // A Day To Remember // Twin Atlantic // Billy Talent

NME - Vampire Weekend (too big?) // MGMT // Everything Everything

FR - The Kooks

Lock Up/Pit - Slaves

15 minutes ago, Foals/Disclosure said:

The Killers // Major Lazer // Twenty One Pilots // HAIM // Blossoms

NME - Frank Turner & The Sleeping Souls // The Hives

FR - Temples

Lock Up/Pit - Neck Deep

Kasabian // Bastille // Catfish & The Bottlemen // Wolf Alice // Peace

NME - Flume // White Lies // Bloc Party

FR - The Horrors // Jagwar Ma

Lock Up/Pit - Death From Above 1979

Slipknot // System of a Down // A Day To Remember // Twin Atlantic // Billy Talent

NME - Vampire Weekend (too big?) // MGMT // Everything Everything

FR - The Kooks

Lock Up/Pit - Slaves

Slipknot are having some time out and SoaD are doing festivals in early June so i can't see them being around still in August, plus i think if they got both SoaD and Slipknot they'd give them co-headlining, could see it being a massive pull for day tickets.

Vampire Weekend will surely sub or nothing at all? Too big for NME i imagine.

20 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Hmm I think Royal Blood and The Weeknd would be a really odd pairing to share headline duties for a night - I don't personally see The Weeknd ever doing R+L cos he seems a real odd fit but if he was I think it'd be done differently.

Bastille and Catfish are probably too big now for 3rd and 4th respectively. Lumineers would be very lucky to get a third down billing as their slots weren't that big this summer. Don't think The Japanese House, Neck Deep, Modern Baseball, Little Comets or The Sherlocks would be headlining stages at this point and Primal Scream won't be playing ever again really.

Justice is a good shout that I haven't seen yet. They did stop off on their last tour so I don't know why it hasn't been suggested a bit more. Would be great. 

Slipknot could well be a possibility too. Could see them popping up at August festivals and hitting R+L.

I thought on here if a band was just below the co-headliners they'd be classed as sub headliners, if that is the case then I'd have thought Bastille would be well placed, possibly agree about Catfish though with their popularity at the moment probably could be higher. 

FR headliners are hard to predict so I'll take your word that none of them are ready yet. I'd say Neck Deep are really big in the Punk Pop community at the moment though so have to argue with you on them.