The Space To Put Predictions And Then Provide Feedback Or Bold Bands If You Want To Show People Who You Like Thread

53 minutes ago, AndrewSmith said:

I like it and would be a good line up, think Twin would expect a higher slot though after headlining NME already - maybe 3rd/4th down. PVRIS opening would be good and Neck Deep / Shikari would be great. Interesting to see someone mention Royal Blood under Kasabian instead of Muse

Twin Atlantic subbed NME in 2015, they didn't headline. I've got em down as 4th main but I don't think 5th would be impossible.

Reading Friday/Leeds Saturday
Main: Muse / Royal Blood / You Me at Six / At the Drive-In / Architects / Billy Talent / While She Sleeps / Against the Current / All Time Low (special guest openers)
NME: Flume / Stormzy / Glass Animals / Wilkinson / Rag'n'Bone Man / Section Boyz
Dance: Moderat
Lock Up: Billy Talent / Neck Deep
Festival Republic: The Horrors / Temples
1xtra: Tory Lanez

Reading Saturday/Leeds Sunday:
Main: Eminem / Major Lazer / Enter Shikari / Twin Atlantic / The Kooks / Drenge / PVRIS / The Bronx / Creeper
NME: Bastille / HAIM / Circa Waves / White Lies / Jagwar Ma / Vant / The Amazons
Dance: PC Music All Stars
The Pit: Killswitch Engage / Marmozets
Festival Republic: American Football / Mariachi el Bronx
1xtra: Akala

Reading Sunday/Leeds Friday:
Main: Kasabian / Skepta / Wolf Alice / Run the Jewels / Blossoms / Rat Boy / DMA's / Spring King / Black Peaks
NME: Brand New / Jungle / Danny Brown / The Hunna / Frank Carter and the Rattlesnakes
Dance: Andy C
The Pit: Rise Against / letlive.
Festival Republic: Frightened Rabbit / Cabbage
1xtra: Rae Sremmurd

3 hours ago, Will-2609 said:
Main: Muse / Royal Blood / You Me at Six / At the Drive-In / Architects / Billy Talent / While She Sleeps / Against the Current / All Time Low (special guest openers)
NME: Flume / Stormzy / Glass Animals / Wilkinson / Rag'n'Bone Man / Section Boyz

Main: Eminem / Major Lazer / Enter Shikari / Twin Atlantic / The Kooks / Drenge / PVRIS / The Bronx / Creeper
NME: Bastille / HAIM / Circa Waves / White Lies / Jagwar Ma / Vant / The Amazons

Main: Kasabian / Skepta / Wolf Alice / Run the Jewels / Blossoms / Rat Boy / DMA's / Spring King / Black Peaks
NME: Brand NewJungle / Danny Brown / The Hunna / Frank Carter and the Rattlesnakes

Decent lineup that, would tempt me to get a ticket as I'm currently deciding against it

3 hours ago, Will-2609 said:

Main: Eminem / Major Lazer / Enter Shikari / Twin Atlantic The Kooks / Drenge / PVRIS / The Bronx / Creeper
NME: Bastille / HAIM / Circa Waves / White Lies / Jagwar Ma / Vant The Amazons

NME: Brand New / Jungle / Danny Brown / The Hunna / Frank Carter and the Rattlesnakes

This would get me there.

4 hours ago, Will-2609 said:

7 hours ago, Will-2609 said:

On 25/01/2017 at 5:37 PM, callum97 said:

this could be an alternative to my previous prediction, 30stm replacing royal blood. Could see royal blood headlining next year.

rl 2.PNG

Not too far off what I had. Just feels too strong of a line-up, I'd be ridiculously happy with this, strongest in years.

Muse / Royal Blood / Panic! at the Disco / At The Drive-In / Architects 

Fatboy Slim / Stormzy / Glass Animals / Danny Brown 

Eminem / Major Lazer / Wolf Alice / Run The Jewels / Rise Against

FLUME (closing set) / Bastille / Peace/ Jungle

Kasabian / Skepta / Two Door Cinema Club / Twin Atlantic / The Kooks 

Enter Shikari / Jimmy Eat World / Neck Deep / Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes 

10 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Muse / Royal Blood / Panic! at the Disco / At The Drive-In / Architects 

Fatboy Slim / Stormzy / Glass Animals / Danny Brown 

Eminem / Major Lazer / Wolf Alice / Run The Jewels / Rise Against

FLUME (closing set) / Bastille / Peace/ Jungle

Kasabian / Skepta / Two Door Cinema Club / Twin Atlantic / The Kooks 

Enter Shikari / Jimmy Eat World / Neck Deep / Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes 

Surely Bastille are borderline too big to play the tent anyway so if they are in there they're gonna be on last? I know how it'd be billed but it still doesn't feel like they're headlining NME if they finish at like 9pm. I think they'd suit going up against Muse.

I think Wolf Alice 3rd down is a bit of a stretch despite how many people predicting it. In 2018 it should happen, but this year 3rd down just seems a slot too high for me when the festival don't know how the new album will do.

I quite like that prediction though. I've been listening to Danny Brown's recent album a lot since he's been announced and it's really good so I'm hoping he goes up against someone shit instead of ATDI/Architects as you've guessed.

21 minutes ago, Odessa said:

Surely Bastille are borderline too big to play the tent anyway so if they are in there they're gonna be on last? I know how it'd be billed but it still doesn't feel like they're headlining NME if they finish at like 9pm. I think they'd suit going up against Muse.

I think Wolf Alice 3rd down is a bit of a stretch despite how many people predicting it. In 2018 it should happen, but this year 3rd down just seems a slot too high for me when the festival don't know how the new album will do.

I quite like that prediction though. I've been listening to Danny Brown's recent album a lot since he's been announced and it's really good so I'm hoping he goes up against someone shit instead of ATDI/Architects as you've guessed.

The main reason we think Bastille will be on nme is that both them and Major Lazer are down for the Saturday.

29 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

The main reason we think Bastille will be on nme is that both them and Major Lazer are down for the Saturday.

Major Lazer could headline the NME.. I mean, Jack U did.

Only time will tell, Bastille would be more suited for the main stage rather than NME, and I don't think Major Lazer would be the best for the main stage as a sub.

9 minutes ago, jakecase said:

Major Lazer could headline the NME.. I mean, Jack U did.

Only time will tell, Bastille would be more suited for the main stage rather than NME, and I don't think Major Lazer would be the best for the main stage as a sub.

No way are Major Lazer, on a UK exclusive, playing the NME Stage. I wouldn't have even been surprised if they'd been announced as a co-headliner. They're also a perfect fit below Eminem.

1 minute ago, Will-2609 said:

No way are Major Lazer, on a UK exclusive, playing the NME Stage. I wouldn't have even been surprised if they'd been announced as a co-headliner. They're also a perfect fit below Eminem.

Can see where you're coming from... parallel to Chase and Status playing below Eminem in 2013

Friday:

Main: Muse / Royal blood / Enter shikari / The offspring / Architects / Blossoms / Rat boy / Vant / Swmrs

NME: Bastille / Jungle / Wiley / Wilkinson / Danny brown / The hunna / Fidlar / The struts

Dance: Craig david's ts5 Pit: Killswitch engage FR: Circa waves 1xtra: Wretch 32

Saturday:

Main: Eminem / Major lazer / Fatboy slim / Wolf alice / The kooks / The pretty reckless / While she sleeps / Against the current / Creeper

NME: You me at six / Jimmy eat world / Lower than atlantis / Neck deep / Frank carter and the rattlesnakes / Drenge / Deap vally / The sherlocks

Dance: Gorgon city Pit: At the drive in FR: Peace 1xtra: Akala

Sunday:

Main: Kasabian / Two door cinema club / Phoenix / Run the jewels / Rise against / Pvris / Moose blood / The amity affliction / Black peaks

NME: Flume / Stormzy / Glass animals / Anderson .paak / Rag'n'bone man / Coasts / Loyle carner / K. flay

Dance: Andy c Lock up: Rise against FR: Warpaint 1xtra: Tory lanez

11 hours ago, Shaun182 said:

Friday:

Main: Muse / Royal blood / Korn / The offspring / Architects / Blossoms / Rat boy / Vant / Swmrs

NME: Bastille / Jungle / Wiley / Wilkinson / Danny brown / The hunna / Fidlar / The struts

Dance: Craig david's ts5 Pit: Killswitch engage FR: Circa waves 1xtra: Wretch 32

Saturday:

Main: Eminem / Major lazer / Fatboy slim / Wolf alice / The kooks / The pretty reckless / While she sleeps / Against the current / Creeper

NME: You me at six / Jimmy eat world / Lower than atlantis / Neck deep / Frank carter and the rattlesnakes / Drenge / Deap vally / The sherlocks

Dance: Gorgon city Pit: At the drive in FR: Peace 1xtra: Akala

Sunday:

Main: Kasabian / Two door cinema club / Phoenix / Run the jewels / Rise against / Pvris / Moose blood / The amity affliction / Black peaks

NME: Flume / Stormzy / Glass animals / Anderson .paak / Rag'n'bone man / Coasts / Loyle carner / K. flay

Dance: Andy c Lock up: Rise against FR: Warpaint 1xtra: Tory lanez

Replaced Enter Shikari with Korn

MAIN: Muse, Royal Blood, Korn, At the Drive-In, Architects, Neck Deep, Modern Baseball, Against The Current, Creeper
NME: Bastille, Jungle, Glass Animals, Anderson Paak
The Pit: letlive.
Dance: Andy C
FR: Feeder
1xtra: Wiley

MAIN: Eminem, Major Lazer, Jamie T, Run The Jewels, Blossoms, Circa Waves, PVRIS, Rat Boy, **Jet
NME: *Flume, The Kooks, White Lies, MØ
The Pit: The Amity Affliction
Dance: Sigma
FR: Drenge
1xtra: Yelawolf

MAIN: Kasabian, alt-J, Two Door Cinema Club, Jimmy Eat World, Rise Against, While She Sleeps, Marmozets, Moose Blood, Modern Life is War
NME: Fat Boy Slim, The Hives, Danny Brown, DMA’s
Lock-Up: Billy Talent
Dance: Dusky
FR: Warpaint
1xtra: Mac Miller

*Closing Set
** Special Guest Opener

Looks quite fair. I don't see Jimmy Eat World moving up the bill now, and Jet would be a weird special guest opener considering how they would play about second from bottom anyway. Also w/ NME headliners the whole thing about Bastille headlining NME came from it being suspected that Bastille and Major Lazer are doing same day (Sat Reading) just so you know, and I don't reckon FBS and Kasabian would clash. Wiley probably on NME this time as he headlined 1xtra last year.

Also can we ditch suggesting Yelawolf for 1xtra headliner? He'll never be big enough, and we must know more hip hop acts than digging him up over and over. Unless he's touring with Eminem I doubt he'll even be on the radar. Did anyone even notice he doesn't go by 'Yelawolf' anymore ? :P

• Downvote 1

6 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Did anyone even notice he doesn't go by 'Yelawolf' anymore ? :P

Infact he has gone back to the "Yelawolf" name. MWA was just to promote his fashion line.

and yeah I agree with ditching Yelawolf for 1xtra, I'm a big fan of his but would never see him headline 1xtra, he's the type of act that would be 3rd/4th down NME, and I've said before there's no way Yelawolf would clash with Eminem considering Yelawolf is his protege, if on the same day I reckon Yelawolf would join Eminem on stage for some sort of "Shady Records" joint, possible with Royce as well.

Edited by jakecase

1 hour ago, jakecase said:

Infact he has gone back to the "Yelawolf" name. MWA was just to promote his fashion line.

and yeah I agree with ditching Yelawolf for 1xtra, I'm a big fan of his but would never see him headline 1xtra, he's the type of act that would be 3rd/4th down NME, and I've said before there's no way Yelawolf would clash with Eminem considering Yelawolf is his protege, if on the same day I reckon Yelawolf would join Eminem on stage for some sort of "Shady Records" joint, possible with Royce as well.

He wouldn't be third or fourth down NME either, he'd be like second or third from the bottom. Probably more likely for Machine Gun Kelly's slot in reality. The guy just isn't a going concern in 2017.

Friday

Main - Muse - Royal Blood - Korn - Rise Against - Architects - Billy Talent - Against the Current - While She Sleeps - Creeper

NME - Fatboy Slim - Blossoms - Wiley

Saturday

Main - Eminem - Major Lazer - Two Door Cinema Club - At the Drive In - White Lies - Circa Waves - Ratboy - Moose Blood - Vant

NME - Bastille - Jungle - The Kooks

Sunday

Main - Kasabian - Thirty Seconds to Mars - Run the Jewels - Wolf Alice - Metronomy - Crystal Fighters - Drenge - Beartooth - Frank Iero & the Patience

NME - Flume (Closing Set) - Brand New - Jimmy Eat World

Editors and Mac DeMarco as two of the FR headliners

Taking Back Sunday headlining The Pit

Muse 
Royal Blood
KoRn
At The Drive-In
Architects
Billy Talent 
While She Sleeps 
Against The Current
Creeper 

Fatboy Slim / Stormzy / Glass Animals / Danny Brown / Rag 'N Bone Man 

Billy Talent / Against Me! / The Menzingers

Eminem 
Major Lazer
Wolf Alice 
Run The Jewels 
Rise Against
New Found Glory
Moose Blood 
Deap Vally
SWMRS 

FLUME (closing set) / Bastille / Peace / Jungle / The Hunna 

Killswitch Engage / The Ghost Inside / SikTh

Kasabian
Skepta
Two Door Cinema Club
Twin Atlantic 
The Kooks 
Blossoms 
Circa Waves 
Ratboy
VANT

Enter Shikari / Jimmy Eat World / Neck Deep / Death From Above 1979 / Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes 

letlive. /  Marmozets / Touché Amoré 

Not sure on that last NME headliner. One of Shikari / The Offspring / Brand New. 

Have they ever announced a Slam Dunk headliner before Slam Dunk? I don't suppose it matters now they don't do the placings straight off but that's what's making me apprehensive about thinking Shikari will feature. Think Wolf Alice are out too - a guy in the Glasto forums said they're just doing something European fests to try out some new tunes.

That Sunday NME is like nothing they've ever had. Can't see it happening.

I'm not so hot on the idea of Friday being a 'rock day' either anymore. I think it'd be bad business move as Muse appeal to way more than the niche that day would be for. Just expecting something like Chilis day where there was stuff like Parkway Drive and Skindred but also Courteeners and Imagine Dragons. Maybe the tour dates are a lie and Bastille or TDCC are the Muse sub.