The Space To Put Predictions And Then Provide Feedback Or Bold Bands If You Want To Show People Who You Like Thread

Friday:

Main: Muse / Thirty seconds to mars / Korn / At the drive in / Architects / Blossoms / Rat boy / Vant / Jamie t (special opener)

NME: Fatboy slim / Jungle / Wiley / Wilkinson / Drenge / The hunna / Fidlar / The struts / Pulled apart by horses / Blaenavon / Beach slang

Dance: Craig david's ts5  Lock up: Neck deep  FR: Everything everything  1xtra: Wretch 32

Saturday:

Main: Eminem / Major lazer / Panic at the disco / Run the jewels / Rag'n'bone man / Circa waves / Moose blood / The amity affliction / Black peaks

NME: You me at six / Jimmy eat world / Lower than atlantis / The pretty reckless / Frank carter and the rattlesnakes / Frightened rabbit / Jagwar ma / Deap vally / The sherlocks / Cabbage / Yak

Dance: Gorgon city  Pit: Stone sour  FR: Peace  1xtra: Akala

Sunday:

Main: Kasabian / Bastille / Two door cinema club / The kooks / Rise against / Pvris / While she sleeps / Against the current / Creeper

NME: Flume / Stormzy / Glass animals / Anderson .paak / Danny brown / Coasts / Loyle carner / Prides / K. flay / The japanese house / Xylo

Dance: Andy c  Pit: Killswitch engage  FR: Warpaint  1xtra: Tory lanez

Jamie T is exclusive to Bestival I believe. Rag'N'Bone Man, 5th on Main? What have I missed there!? The latest album from You Me At Six was the most forgettable of the year, I can't see why they weren't announced if the last one coincided slightly with their album release. Would be a really tame NME headliner. I remember a rumouring circulating that they're an exclusive to Glastonbury also.  

I don't see many people predicting it but I wouldn't at all rule out Two Door Cinema Club subbing. They're a similar size to alt-J when they subbed Mumford, and are headlining some of the medium-sized UK festivals like Parklife & Boardmasters. With three big headliners in Muse, Eminem and Kasabian I can see it happening. 

1 hour ago, Shaun182 said:

Friday:

Main: Muse / Thirty seconds to mars / Korn / At the drive in / Architects / Blossoms / Rat boy / Vant / Jamie t (special opener)

NME: Fatboy slim / Jungle / Wiley / Wilkinson / Drenge / The hunna / Fidlar / The struts / Pulled apart by horses / Blaenavon / Beach slang

Dance: Craig david's ts5  Lock up: Neck deep  FR: Everything everything  1xtra: Wretch 32

Saturday:

Main: Eminem / Major lazer / Panic at the disco / Run the jewels / Rag'n'bone man / Circa waves / Moose blood / The amity affliction / Black peaks

NME: You me at six / Jimmy eat world / Lower than atlantis / The pretty reckless / Frank carter and the rattlesnakes / Frightened rabbit / Jagwar ma / Deap vally / The sherlocks / Cabbage / Yak

Dance: Gorgon city  Pit: Stone sour  FR: Peace  1xtra: Akala

Sunday:

Main: Kasabian / Bastille / Two door cinema club / The kooks / Rise against / Pvris / While she sleeps / Against the current / Creeper

NME: Flume / Stormzy / Glass animals / Anderson .paak / Danny brown / Coasts / Loyle carner / Prides / K. flay / The japanese house / Xylo

Dance: Andy c  Pit: Killswitch engage  FR: Warpaint  1xtra: Tory lanez

30 STM are in the states until middle of August, they needs to be at Puckelpop for this to happen as they aren't coming over just for R&L, not with Jared's ego. It would also be right in the middle of two California dates which is where they live.

2 hours ago, JSmurphy said:

I don't see many people predicting it but I wouldn't at all rule out Two Door Cinema Club subbing. They're a similar size to alt-J when they subbed Mumford, and are headlining some of the medium-sized UK festivals like Parklife & Boardmasters. With three big headliners in Muse, Eminem and Kasabian I can see it happening. 

They're not headlining Parklife. They're subbing The 1975 there so if they subbed R&L that would be pretty weak. Also if they're doing a few medium sized festivals I'd say makes them less likely to sub. If they were an exclusive I reckon FR would have gotten away with them subbing.

9 hours ago, justanothername said:

If they were an exclusive I reckon FR would have gotten away with them subbing.

Has this ever been evidenced? I thought bands just got paid more to be an exclusive rather than got a higher slot.

Anyway, I don't think TDCC subbing is outside the realms of possibility but they're not as big as alt-J, then or now, and I wouldn't predict them there.

There's some stuff on there I'd be over the moon with. Architects, Gojira, Bury Tomorrow and Code Orange would be an amazing day. Architects will be on main though, I'm sure of it. The Muse day looks plausible, though. 

Eminem day. No chance of Ghost. And I doubt Stone Sour would play Main Stage and be that high. I don't think they'd play the festival at all, actually. Modern Baseball won't be coming over again, Brendan is in a bad place again and clearly needs to spend a lot more time getting himself in the right mind frame again before going out touring. 

That NME Sunday would never happen. 

20 hours ago, Hart Attack said:

EtPz3gR.png

I'd really really enjoy this. Not sure it would be too likely. Especially how heavy it is. One notable thing is Ghost are one band I would adore being announced for main stage. Unfortunately doubt Reading would go for it.

Edited by SOAD

Muse // Royal Blood // Korn // Twin Atlantic // Architects // Billy Talent // Pulled Apart By Horses // While She Sleeps // Enter Shakiri (Opening Set)

NME/R1 - closing set from Fatboy Slim // Flume // Stormzy // Warpaint // Sundara Karma

Dance Stage - Andy C

The Pit - At The Drive In

FR Stage - Temples // Jagwar Ma // White Room

1Xtra - Tory Lanez

Eminem // Major Lazer // Skepta // Run The Jewels // Franz Ferdinand // The Coral // Rat Boy // Spector // Against The Current

NME/R1 - Bastille // Metronomy // Jungle // Rag N Bone Man // Mystery Jets

Dance Stage - Underworld

The Pit - Slaves

FR Stage - Circa Waves // Cabbage // Yak

1Xtra - Danny Brown

Kasabian // The XX // Two Door Cinema Club // Wolf Alice // Blossoms // The Kooks // Swim Deep // The Hunna // The Amity Affliction

NME/R1 - Frank Turner & TSS // Jimmy Eat World // The Hives // Drenge // Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes

Dance Stage - Gorgon City

The Pit - Death From Above 1979

FR Stage - White Lies // Ezra Furman

1Xtra - Wiley

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

I can't see Twin Atlantic playing any higher than 5th down main, and that's pushing it. They're playing every small festival going this summer in low slots. 

Yeah I noticed they're getting pretty low positions at all these festivals. You'd expect them to be nearing the top of them if they were gonna play 4th down at R&L.

Muse / Thirty Seconds To Mars / KoRn / The Offspring / Architects / PVRIS / While She Sleeps / Against The Current / Creeper 

FLUME / Stormzy / Glass Animals / Danny Brown

Killswitch Engage / Bury Tomorrow / The Amity Affliction 

Eminem / Major Lazer / Wolf Alice / Run The Jewels / Everything Everything / Neck Deep / Circa Waves / Rat Boy / VANT

Bastille / Rag 'N Bone Man  / Peace / Jungle

At The Drive-In / letlive. / La Dispute

Kasabian / Skepta / Two Door Cinema Club / The Kooks / Twin Atlantic / Blossoms / Moose Blood / The Menzingers / SWMRS

Fatboy Slim (closing set) / Weezer  / Jimmy Eat World / The Hunna / Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes 

Billy Talent / Bad Religion / Against Me!

2 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Muse / Thirty Seconds To Mars / KoRn / The Offspring / Architects / PVRIS / While She Sleeps / Against The Current / Creeper 

FLUME / Stormzy / Glass Animals / Danny Brown

Killswitch Engage / Bury Tomorrow / The Amity Affliction 

Eminem / Major Lazer / Wolf Alice / Run The Jewels / Everything Everything / Neck Deep / Circa Waves / Rat Boy / VANT

Bastille / Rag 'N Bone Man  / Peace / Jungle

At The Drive-In / letlive. / La Dispute

Kasabian / Skepta / Two Door Cinema Club / The Kooks / Twin Atlantic / Blossoms / Moose Blood / The Menzingers / SWMRS

Fatboy Slim (closing set) / Weezer  / Jimmy Eat World / The Hunna / Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes 

Billy Talent / Bad Religion / Against Me!

That Friday would be great but seems a little bit too heavy, as in recent years the "rock day" (using the term loosely) usually has at least one act to break things up (ASAP Rocky, Modestep, Macklemore)