The Space To Put Predictions And Then Provide Feedback Or Bold Bands If You Want To Show People Who You Like Thread

Lock Up is pretty much absolute guesses as I know nothing tbh.

Friday 

Main: Foo Fighters, Catfish & The Bottlemen, Vampire Weekend, Don Broco, Loyle Carner, Sundara Karma, Declan McKenna, Fickle Friends, IDLES

NME: All Time Low, Post Malone, Wretch 32

Dance: Zeds Dead, Drumsound & Bassline Smith, Tom Zanetti

Lock Up: Rise Against, The Word Alive

FR: Lucy Rose, Django Django,Wild Beasts

1Xtra: Joey Bada$$, Mick Jenkins, Injury Reserve

Saturday

Main: Kendrick Lamar, Twenty One Pilots, Stormzy, Nothing But Thieves, Lil Uzi Vert, Tonight Alive, Deaf Havana, The Amazons,Arcane Roots

NME:  The Wombats, Neck Deep, Dizzee Rascal

Dance: Duke Dumont, Blonde, Sigala

The Lock Up: Bury Tomorrow, Counterparts

FR:  Peace, Ty Segall, Cloud Nothings

1Xtra:  A$AP Ferg, Amine, Denzel Curry

Sunday

Main: Arctic Monkeys, Tame Impala, Wolf Alice, J Hus, Everything Everything, The Sherlocks, The Big Moon, Cabbage, Otherkin

NME: Enter Shikari, Schoolboy Q, Portugal. The Man

Dance: Hannah Wants, Lookas, Hot Since 82

The Pit: Skindred, Trapt

FR:  Amber Run, Healy,Jacob Banks

1Xtra: Dave,Ghetts,The Underachievers

28 minutes ago, Jayvk said:

Friday 

Main: Foo Fighters, Catfish & The Bottlemen, Vampire Weekend, Don Broco, Loyle Carner, Sundara Karma, Declan McKenna, Fickle Friends, IDLES

Saturday

Main: Kendrick Lamar, Twenty One Pilots, Stormzy, Nothing But Thieves, Lil Uzi Vert, Tonight Alive, Deaf Havana, The Amazons,Arcane Roots

Sunday

Main: Arctic Monkeys, Tame Impala, Wolf Alice, J Hus, Everything Everything, The Sherlocks, The Big Moon, Cabbage, Otherkin

Dizzee would probably headline the NME tbh. Other than that I can't see much wrong with this.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Dizzee would probably headline the NME tbh. Other than that I can't see much wrong with this.

I was thinking that, but if he headlined or subbed the NME he'd clash with Kendrick and I can't see that happening. Maybe swap him with J Hus so J Hus is third down NME and Dizzee is 4th down main stage?

Edited by Jayvk

2 minutes ago, Jayvk said:

I was thinking that, but if he headlined or subbed the NME he'd clash with Kendrick and I can't see that happening.4th down on the main instead of J Hus and get J Hus to headline the 1Xtra that night instead of Dave? 

Well you've also got Foos vs All Time Low which would be a bit odd so could just swap the days with them :P

2 hours ago, Jayvk said:

Friday 

Saturday

Sunday

I think you'll be lucky to get anything close to that strong on the FF day, they simply don't need to spend it when Foo's can sell what they can themselves.

Assuming that both Arctics and Foos are playing this is what I have currently (just random amounts of acts on each depending on who I have thought of):

FRIDAY

Main: Kendrick Lamar / Twenty One Pilots / Chase & Status LIVE / J Hus / Halestorm / Franz Ferdinand / Declan McKenna / Darlia / Little Simz

NME: Don Broco / Jack Garratt / Schoolboy Q / Portugal. The Man / Tom Grennan / Tinashe / SOPHIE / Fred V & Grafix LIVE / Parson James / Off Bloom / Will Joseph Cook / Yonaka

Dance: Camo & Krooked / Feed Ne / NGHTMRE / Shift K3y

Festival Republic: A Blaze Of Feather / The Sherlocks + CHVRCHES (Secret Set)

The Lock Up: Skindred / Against The Current / Gojira / Magic Sword

1Xtra: Cardi B / Brockhampton / Kiiara

SATURDAY

Main: Foo FIghters / Stormzy / The Wombats / Neck Deep / Loyle Carner / Tonight Alive / Alien Ant Farm / Deaf Havana / IDLES

NME: Friendly Fires / Jungle / Sampha / MO / Circa Waves / Lower Than Atlantis / Lady Leshurr / Lido / All Tvvins / Tom Tripp / Redfaces + The 1975 (Secret Set)

Dance: Hannah Wants / Krewella / MNEK

Festival Republic: Amber Run / Clean Cut Kid / SOHN / Coasts

The Pit: Bury Tomorrow / The Wonder Years / Creeper

1Xtra: Anderson .Paak & The Free Nationals / Gallant

SUNDAY

Main: Arctic Monkeys / Royal Blood / Wolf Alice / Nothing But Thieves / Everything Everything / Marmozets / Fickle Friends / Arcane Roots / Anteros

NME: Enter Shikari / Post Malone / Wilkinson LIVE / Young Thug / SZA / The Amazons / AJ Tracey / Bipolar Sunshine / Bishop Briggs / The Big Moon / MUNA / Milk Teeth

Dance: Tchami / Maya Jane Coles / Drumsound & Bassline Smith / Digital Farm Animals

Festival Republic: Slaves / DMA's / Cabbage

The Lock Up: Killswitch Engage / Machine Gun Kelly (I dunno why he is always on this stage and not on the 1Xtra lol) / In Flames

1Xtra: Joey Bada$$ / Dave + Skepta (Secret Set)

18 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Assuming that both Arctics and Foos are playing this is what I have currently (just random amounts of acts on each depending on who I have thought of):

FRIDAY

Main: Kendrick Lamar / Twenty One Pilots / Chase & Status LIVE / J Hus / Halestorm / Franz Ferdinand / Declan McKenna / Darlia / Little Simz

NME: Don Broco / Jack Garratt / Schoolboy Q / Portugal. The Man / Tom Grennan / Tinashe / SOPHIE / Fred V & Grafix LIVE / Parson James / Off Bloom / Will Joseph Cook / Yonaka

Dance: Camo & Krooked / Feed Ne / NGHTMRE / Shift K3y

Festival Republic: A Blaze Of Feather / The Sherlocks + CHVRCHES (Secret Set)

The Lock Up: Skindred / Against The Current / Gojira / Magic Sword

1Xtra: Cardi B / Brockhampton / Kiiara

SATURDAY

Main: Foo FIghters / Stormzy / The Wombats / Neck Deep / Loyle Carner / Tonight Alive / Alien Ant Farm / Deaf Havana / IDLES

NME: Friendly Fires / Jungle / Sampha / MO / Circa Waves / Lower Than Atlantis / Lady Leshurr / Lido / All Tvvins / Tom Tripp / Redfaces + The 1975 (Secret Set)

Dance: Hannah Wants / Krewella / MNEK

Festival Republic: Amber Run / Clean Cut Kid / SOHN / Coasts

The Pit: Bury Tomorrow / The Wonder Years / Creeper

1Xtra: Anderson .Paak & The Free Nationals / Gallant

SUNDAY

Main: Arctic Monkeys / Royal Blood / Wolf Alice / Nothing But Thieves / Everything Everything / Marmozets / Fickle Friends / Arcane Roots / Anteros

NME: Enter Shikari / Post Malone / Wilkinson LIVE / Young Thug / SZA / The Amazons / AJ Tracey / Bipolar Sunshine / Bishop Briggs / The Big Moon / MUNA / Milk Teeth

Dance: Tchami / Maya Jane Coles / Drumsound & Bassline Smith / Digital Farm Animals

Festival Republic: Slaves / DMA's / Cabbage

The Lock Up: Killswitch Engage / Machine Gun Kelly (I dunno why he is always on this stage and not on the 1Xtra lol) / In Flames

1Xtra: Joey Bada$$ / Dave + Skepta (Secret Set)

You know Circa Waves played 5th down main this year?

Also think you're being way too optimistic with those secret sets.

58 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

I think you'll be lucky to get anything close to that strong on the FF day, they simply don't need to spend it when Foo's can sell what they can themselves.

Eminems undercard was the best of the three days though, with no one playing in stupidly high slots. They might think if they have a day where day tics are an instant sell people will buy weekend tickets just for one day

Just now, Will-2609 said:

You know Circa Waves played 5th down main this year?

Also think you're being way too optimistic with those secret sets.

Yeah I just didn't know where else to place them as I feel like them and MO (with fthe funny danish O) would both get around the same slot. IDK I guess mayeb they wont play?

And yeah but a man can dream (I defo think 1975 will play, the other 2 are just people who would probably be around at a similar time and be down to play, I guess wap CHVRCHES out with someone smaller, Blossoms maybe?)

31 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Yeah I just didn't know where else to place them as I feel like them and MO (with fthe funny danish O) would both get around the same slot. IDK I guess mayeb they wont play?

And yeah but a man can dream (I defo think 1975 will play, the other 2 are just people who would probably be around at a similar time and be down to play, I guess wap CHVRCHES out with someone smaller, Blossoms maybe?)

Aren't The 1975 not even supposed to be touring by then?

Just now, Will-2609 said:

I don't know, I know they said they had something stupid like 3 albums worth of songs ready so I assume they won't take that long off. They've already had the 2nd half of this year off, wouldn't be suprised to do something like QOTSA with R+L being used as a way of hyping up the album which then drops in September sometime

34 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

30 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

I don't know, I know they said they had something stupid like 3 albums worth of songs ready so I assume they won't take that long off. They've already had the 2nd half of this year off, wouldn't be suprised to do something like QOTSA with R+L being used as a way of hyping up the album which then drops in September sometime

secret set at most as their tour is meant to take place later in 2018 and they aren't doing any appearances before that. Secret set is plausible and i think 2019 they will definitely headline.

Grouplove are basically just coasting on the success of their first album iirc.

Portugal. The Man have been around for ages (8 albums since 2006), everything sinse Censored Colours has been kinda critically acclaimed and they had a real dedicated fanbase in the alt-rock scene. Feel It Still has suddenly pushed them into the mainstream too, getting them a lot more recognition. based on US fests this year at stuff like Bonaroo, Austin City Limits and Shaky Knees. Admittedly, I don't think they're as popular here as they are in the US which is why I put them significantly lower than people like Martin Garrix, Catfish & The Bottlemen and Glass Animals who got similar positions on these lineups.

TBH, 4th or 5th down on the NME I think feels about right. I feel like they are in a similar niche to King Giz (expet they have a kinda hit?) and that's the similar kinda slot I'd give them so

1 hour ago, Mattymooz said:

Grouplove are basically just coasting on the success of their first album iirc.

Portugal. The Man have been around for ages (8 albums since 2006), everything sinse Censored Colours has been kinda critically acclaimed and they had a real dedicated fanbase in the alt-rock scene. Feel It Still has suddenly pushed them into the mainstream too, getting them a lot more recognition. based on US fests this year at stuff like Bonaroo, Austin City Limits and Shaky Knees. Admittedly, I don't think they're as popular here as they are in the US which is why I put them significantly lower than people like Martin Garrix, Catfish & The Bottlemen and Glass Animals who got similar positions on these lineups.

TBH, 4th or 5th down on the NME I think feels about right. I feel like they are in a similar niche to King Giz (expet they have a kinda hit?) and that's the similar kinda slot I'd give them so

You're reaching more than Stretch Armstrong here lool

Portugal lads are still playing to venues in the hundreds while King Gizz sold out the biggest Academy venue in the country on the day, with no hits!

edit: I don't think it's a pressing issue or anything, just bamboozled as to why so many people seem to think they're gonna get slots that Everything Everything and Wiley and Jack Garratt have had recently.

Edited by dentalplan

27 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

You're reaching more than Stretch Armstrong here lool

Portugal lads are still playing to venues in the hundreds while King Gizz sold out the biggest Academy venue in the country on the day, with no hits!

edit: I don't think it's a pressing issue or anything, just bamboozled as to why so many people seem to think they're gonna get slots that Everything Everything and Wiley and Jack Garratt have had recently.

I mean, Feel It Still reached no. 4 in America and has just reached the top 40 in the UK (it's been charting for 13 weeks and it's still growing in popularity)

The niche fanbase I had kind of just taken from the massive amount of people who seemed to know everything about them on reddit. Looking online though I can't see any evidence that they have been in the UK since 2013 where they played some tiny venues I have never heard of lol. Still think they could easily get that slot given how successful Feel It Still was, though Iam less convinced they'll even come to the UK at all aha

And it's just very rare to get these break out alt rock hits. What was the last big alt rock song that reached mainstream appeal, that shitty Gotye thing? Maybe Centuries by Fall Out Boy if you count that?

EDIT: Wait I forgot Wall Of Glass by LG  got to 21

Edited by Mattymooz

On 29/10/2017 at 5:37 PM, Steve1000 said:

Eminems undercard was the best of the three days though, with no one playing in stupidly high slots. They might think if they have a day where day tics are an instant sell people will buy weekend tickets just for one day

Tbf it's not hard for Eminems day to be the best out of the 3 days....it was a dire line-up of epic proportions this year. 

18 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Tbf it's not hard for Eminems day to be the best out of the 3 days....it was a dire line-up of epic proportions this year. 

But it still renders your point invalid. They had the strongest sub, too (guess now you could say Liam was the biggest but at the time we defo saw Major Lazer as the biggest).

Royal Blood + Paramore / Wolf Alice / The Kooks / Don Broco / B4MV / Alien Ant Farm / Touché Amore / Milk Teeth

James Blake / J Hus / Slaves

Skindred / The Bronx / Code Orange / Rolo Tomassi

Kendrick / 21 Pilots / Vampire Weekend / Everything Everything / Marmozets / Bugzy Malone / The Sherlocks / Cabbage / HMLTD

Courteeners / Nothing But Thieves / Joey Badass

Killswitch Engage / Beartooth / Every Time I Die / Counterparts

Foo Fighters / ADTR / Run The Jewels / Kaisers / Mastodon / Creeper / The Wonder Years / Black Peaks / Idles

Travis Scott / Mac Demarco / King Gizzard

All American Rejects / The Story So Far / Future of The Left / Sorority Noise

Edited by Steve1000