The Space To Put Predictions And Then Provide Feedback Or Bold Bands If You Want To Show People Who You Like Thread

9 minutes ago, MIchael_scarn said:

Really? They subbed Biffy and FOB in 2015 and their stock hasn't really gone up since, i'd say that or 3rd down is probably right.

i could say the same about the corteeners though they basically haven't gone up at all since 3rd down at 2016 but the vaccines I think would take 3rd down best

Just now, bigcharlie65 said:

i could say the same about the corteeners though they basically haven't gone up at all since 3rd down at 2016 but the vaccines I think would take 3rd down best

I don't think anyone is disagreeing with you. Think Courtneers is a 3rd down/NME headline act as are the Vaccines (especially as it would have only been 2 years since they last played)

18 minutes ago, bigcharlie65 said:

I think the courteeners shouldn't really be 3rd down comparing them to wolf alice and stormzy they are a major undercard 

Well Stormzy could probably sub nowadays, and Wolf Alice is probably bigger than the Courtneers (at least everywhere but Manchester).

Even just look at the sales info for the recent albums:

Stormzy: 69K sales, #1 on the chart (2017)

Wolf Alice: 20K sales, #2 on the chart (2017)

Courteeners: 24k sales, #4 on the chart (2016)

The difference between Wolf Alice and Courteeners is minimal, especially when you consider it was released 1 year after the Courteeners album when album sales are in decline.

Even if you don't think sales are a good metric, Courteeners played 3rd down on The Other Stage (same slot as Wiley) at Glasto this year, Whereas Wolf Alice played 5th down on the Pyramid stage (the same slot as Two Door Cinema Club) last year before their new album dropped.

11 minutes ago, Jayvk said:

Right this is the sloppiest mock up you'll ever see, literally the first thing I've made on an actual poster lmao.

Reading Lineup complete.PNG

looks pretty good maybe it would make more sense to swap don broco and chase n status? doubt don broco clashing with foos would do them much good

also i think the hunna will have a much higher spot than 3rd down nme next year as theyll have a new album out and fit the teenage indie hype atm perfectly

Edited by Jack w
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Jack w said:

looks pretty good maybe it would make more sense to swap don broco and chase n status? doubt don broco clashing with foos would do them much good

also i think the hunna will have a much higher spot than 3rd down nme next year as theyll have a new album out and fit the teenage indie hype atm perfectly

Yeah, good shout, I've swapped Don Broco and Chase & Status now. Yeah, The Hunna was a hard one because as much as I agree they'd get a higher slot, I didn't know where else they could go and I wanted them in there somewhere as I like them lmao.

Just now, Jayvk said:

Yeah, good shout, I've swapped Don Broco and Chase & Status now. Yeah, The Hunna was a hard one because as much as I agree they'd get a higher slot, I didn't know where else they could go and I wanted them in there somewhere as I like them lmao.

yeahh the lineup looks sick though and pretty realistic too, would love to see cabbage on main stage

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

We all just copy each other's FR headliners don't we cos no one can actually be arsed to think who's gonna play there. I mean who'd have predicted Bear's Den, Black Lips and The Hunna this year? It's way too open so yeah Amber Run it is because some random person said them earlier.

If you like. Tho it being so wide open means it’s pretty hard to make a stupid prediction for it, so why would anyone need to copy?

Just now, dentalplan said:

If you like. Tho it being so wide open means it’s pretty hard to make a stupid prediction for it, so why would anyone need to copy?

Well half the acts that do it are acts that I don't really have any clue about (like all three last year) so I just nabbed someone else's to flesh out my prediction seeing as me actually thinking of ones for myself is probably gonna be in vain.

Had DFA and Peace for the other two (think I nabbed the latter from you). Then had one free spot and couldn't think of a third and saw several people saying Amber Run so I threw them in assuming they were a suitable FR headliner because of that.

This early on in proceedings before we properly know who's gonna be about/who's releasing albums I feel like most people just copy half of other people's lineups and adapt them as the year goes on and we get a better idea.

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

Looks fairly realistic. Maybe too much rap on there.

As an aside, why are Amber Run in to headline FR on everyone’s predictions? Has anyone listened to them? Do they exist? Are they enough of a non-entity as a band that it makes them perfect to headline FR? :lol:

Yo Amber Run are dope if you haven't listened to them. TBH I just picked them as i didn't know where else to put them lol

But yeah, FR stage always seems like such a random collection of bands who knows who is headlining.

Aye like everyone else I've just been putting amber run because I can't be arsed thinking of anyone else. Never thought too much of them when I've listened before, but I went to see them with my girlfriend last month and have to admit that they were a great live act. Very talented performers and put on a great show. They would be a good FR headliner imo.

21 hours ago, Jayvk said:

Right this is the sloppiest mock up you'll ever see, literally the first thing I've made on an actual poster lmao.

Reading Lineup complete.PNG

i would perhaps put khalid higher as he is subbing Bruno M at hyde park not so sure about chase & status and e haven't heard about tame impala in this feed for a while good to see them back in the frame 

Edited by bigcharlie65

8 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Looks fairly realistic. Maybe too much rap on there.

As an aside, why are Amber Run in to headline FR on everyone’s predictions? Has anyone listened to them? Do they exist? Are they enough of a non-entity as a band that it makes them perfect to headline FR? :lol:

Yeah, 99% sure there won't be that much rap but this is just the best possible and still realistic lineup I could make lmao.

I actually really like Amber Run and am very glad to see them on everyone's predictions haha.

31 minutes ago, bigcharlie65 said:

i would perhaps put khalid higher as he is subbing Bruno M at hyde park not so sure about chase & status and e haven't heard about tame impala in this feed for a while good to see them back in the frame 

Not too sure to be honest, I feel like he could be put higher but I see him as more of a third down NME. Not exactly too sure how big he is overall or how well known he is haha, I just know he was great when I heard his first single back in July last year then I know he got pretty big when he released his album this February but don't know just how big.

Chase & Status would be a solid NME headliner, but yeah I agree not sure how likely.

Yeah I love Tame Impala, would be great to see them subbing.

9 hours ago, Will-2609 said:

We all just copy each other's FR headliners don't we cos no one can actually be arsed to think who's gonna play there.

Is that the case for Annie Mac as well, with some bizzarely touting her to headline the NME stage?

Unlikely, but I have an abnormal feeling about either LCD Soundsystem or The Streets headling the NME one night. So I'm just as strange as well.

Edited by ollieg99

18 hours ago, ollieg99 said:

Is that the case for Annie Mac as well, with some bizzarely touting her to headline the NME stage?

Unlikely, but I have an abnormal feeling about either LCD Soundsystem or The Streets headling the NME one night. So I'm just as strange as well.

Annie Mac is the kind of act who is always a possibility for NME headliner. She could easily do it imo, but because she doesn't have like album/toruing schedules she is just always a possibility