Crap bands and their crap songs

kaosmark2

That's The Spirit is 'available'. most of the reviews coming in thus far have been exceptionally high which is surprising, so i've got mixed expectations for this one

It's ok, sounds a lot like Linkin Park's more recent stuff to me (which they get ridiculed for a lot) so it's strange that this is being so highly praised. Few good songs on it but I preferred 'Sempiternal'.

Hinds were magnificent last night; ended in a stage invasion and the whole crowd chanting their name, the band couldn't believe it

Also the new Bring Me the Horizon album seems to be taking influences from every band I like but simplifying their elements and applying my 13-year old Bebo posts as lyrics

Edited by rawaudioinput

Hinds were magnificent last night; ended in a stage invasion and the whole crowd chanting their name, the band couldn't believe it

Hinds were great at EOTR last weekend. Definitely a band worth checking out, even if you knew no songs (like I did). Looking forward to Leave Me Alone now :)

Also the new Bring Me the Horizon album seems to be taking influences from every band I like but simplifying their elements and applying my 13-year old Bebo posts as lyrics

Yeah I didn't really get Hinds on record but they're a really fun live band, enjoyed them a lot at Visions.

They were in even better form than their gigs last year, awesome performance.

i missed the last train home because ally pally is a tit to get to, if id known i could've left before the ten minute end of you wont know i might've done

Degausser, Glory Fades and millstone were pure BANGING tho

i missed the last train home because ally pally is a tit to get to, if id known i could've left before the ten minute end of you wont know i might've done

Degausser, Glory Fades and millstone were pure BANGING tho

That intro to Millstone was incredible, and the outro on Limousine too.

I'd love them to play Reading but not sure they'd get a great slot, probably just end up mid-main stage when they'd be incredible headlining NME or The Lock Up.

An album deemed so good by eFestivals users that it was nearly as good as the Biffy Clyro release of that year.

:lol:

I don't really see what LC is in QOTSA's catalogue though. It wasn't a breakthrough album, or a critically renowned one. It's their 6th album that was accepted as better than their last 2 releases without being their best. It didn't signal any change for them at all.

Dunno. It was somewhat of a mainstream breakthrough (more as a result of them becoming a bigger name in the six years between albums) and it also did pretty well critically. I'm not sure if Yellow is comparing the subject matter to LC or something because it's different of a Queens album to have a pretty consistent introspective theme rather than sex and drugs, I suppose. The FIDLAR album is similar in that progression.