Arcade Fire

Zoo Music Girl

2 minutes ago, zzzfest said:

Agreed. In fact, that’s just about what I thought. However, Pitchfork could have issued the information some time after Arcade Fire released WE and announced the tour, which was not their “inactive” period, not just three days before the tour opening.

But you still wouldn't have got to see Feist.

10 minutes ago, zzzfest said:

Agreed. In fact, that’s just about what I thought. However, Pitchfork could have issued the information some time after Arcade Fire released WE and announced the tour, which was not their “inactive” period, not just three days before the tour opening.

Alternate timeline for you, Win could have just not been a wrong un and then pitchfork wouldn't have anything to report!

17 minutes ago, scatteredscreens said:

See Hugh's post above. I don't think it's a coincidence but also don't think this is some character assassination piece like you're reckoning it is.

Can you explain why you're blaming a media outlet instead of an alleged abuser?

Not because they criticized Win Butler but because they did it at the ruthless timing.

18 minutes ago, scatteredscreens said:

Alternate timeline for you, Win could have just not been a wrong un and then pitchfork wouldn't have anything to report!

Possible. Who knows. Then again, did Pitchfork get the information and then the consent to publish it from the victims, say, a week before? The chance is slim if any.

42 minutes ago, zzzfest said:

Can you explain why Pitchfork chose to publish the article at this timing? Is it a pure coincidence? I don’t think so.

I expect they would publish it as soon as they possibly could. Following the article’s completion it would need to be vetted by lawyers which would take considerable time. The danger of them being scooped by another publication would be too big to just sit on the article when it’s ready to go.

13 minutes ago, scatteredscreens said:

I'm sad you can't see the situation for what it is and that you blame an outlet for bringing this to light at a time that inconveniences you. So self entitled.

“So self entitled” is quite a strong insult — you’d better consider the impact and hurt it gives to me, really.

On 9/7/2022 at 12:28 AM, zzzfest said:

“So self entitled” is quite a strong insult — you’d better consider the impact and hurt it gives to me, really.

You even said you might get called selfish for your post, so I think it a little rich to complain about your hurt feelings after the fact.

Whatever has been going on around this specific band, I absolutely back any artist that continued their shows tonight and didn't cancel them on an hour's notice. How many people will have already travelled, booked hotels etc? Loads will lose hundreds of pounds over the next week on such things due to pretty much all events getting cancelled, and they won't be getting that money back, not to mention the lost wages for workers around these events, but at least they will know beforehand. But kneejerk cancelling when people are practically already there would be ridiculous 

Edited by efcfanwirral

3 minutes ago, snoochie1981 said:

Tonight’s gig was certainly one of the oddest I have experienced but let’s be clear, the average Arcade Fire fan still adore them

It definitely felt odd, somewhat subdue at the start but felt Win & the crowd got more into it as the gig went on. Rabbit Hole to me felt like a real turning point.

Wasn't the best of the four times I've seen them (suspect they'd never top that Castlefield gig to me anyway) but was still a bloody good show. Needed more Power Out tbh.

5 hours ago, maelzoid said:

You even said you might get called selfish for your post, so I think it a little rich to complain about your hurt feelings after the fact.

As you say, in a way, I drew the responses I predicted (“I’m afraid I may be called selfish or a dick”) therefore I have to take the consequences. You need to grow thick skin to survive in an internet social.

That being said, why respond at this timing? After almost two days since my post? And amidst the news of THE PASSING? Did you learn how to pick an awkward timing from Pitchfork?  

18 minutes ago, zzzfest said:

As you say, in a way, I drew the responses I predicted (“I’m afraid I may be called selfish or a dick”) therefore I have to take the consequences. You need to grow thick skin to survive in an internet social.

That being said, why respond at this timing? After almost two days since my post? And amidst the news of THE PASSING? Did you learn how to pick an awkward timing from Pitchfork?  

Sorry. I didn’t realise that,

a) there is a time limit of when I am allowed to respond to other posts.

b) I’m not supposed to post in the aftermath of a monarch dying.

• Upvote 2