Latitude 2014

Gingerbond

him headlining while tom yorke didnt suggests he will play plenty of blur stuff, otherwise i supect you would get alot of the audience leaving for another stage halfway through! im sure the organisers must have some idea of what to expect from him??

They booked The Good, The Bad and The Queen a few years ago. Maybe Thom just out-modests Damon. :P

Like you said though, I don't feel as if he's gonna play the big Blur hits. He'll take a handful from his other projects and play most of his upcoming album, I imagine.

Did he play with Womack last year, by the way?

not sure who this is going to attract either?? i love blur, but doesnt mean im majorly interested in seeing albarn on his own, i cant see blur fans being obssesive like radiohead fans and being interested in anything they do...and it certainly isnt going to get the youngsters going...weird one

Are you kidding? Dr Dee, the Good the Bad & the Queen, Africa Express & Gorillaz all spring to mind...

I'm not saying he won't play any Blur songs, but anyone expecting the upbeat 'hits' will be disappointed I think.

I don't think they are headline worthy material tho(gorillaz) aside , I can see a big exodus if he doesn't play blur songs...but then I don't know if that matters for a fest the size of latitude

I don't think they are headline worthy material tho(gorillaz) aside , I can see a big exodus if he doesn't play blur songs...but then I don't know if that matters for a fest the size of latitude

Considering the Good the Bad & the Queen actually headlined Latitude I'd say you don't really know what you're talking about.

• Upvote 1

Decent headliner but of limited appeal to me, having seen blur in 2012 and never really been a huge fan anyway. I'd enjoy some gorrilaz tracks but never been bothered by anything else since blur and i think i preferred the heavily coxon influenced side of them anyway. I may be giving latitude a miss this year...

Quite underwhelmed by the line up so far, except Goat who are brilliant live

.. All points to a trump card third headliner for me. Portishead, where are you when we need you?!

Saying that, Latitude seem to know what good music is, so I think they might have information (or have heard it themselves) that albarns album is pretty good. Fingers crossed anyway

Quite underwhelmed by the line up so far, except Goat who are brilliant live

ROBYN, YOU FORGET ROBYN!

I was pissed off earlier, but then I calmed down and remembered that as long as I get a weekend off work to see Robyn and hang out with multicoloured sheep then it's all good really, it's rude to expect much else.