Announcement Tonight

Guest monkey1989

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I reckon there could be something. The last of the VIP tickets, hospitality tickets etc were offered out today. I was offered two in 10 minutes!

Something going on at Glasto HQ.

not the 'last', you mean the last of the tickets for mug punters in the music biz.

It's merely tying up the loose ends with tickets so everything that can go into the pot for the coming normal sale is in that pot.

Ouch! Mug punters in the music biz...

well, that's what they are. :)

They pay about double the ticket price for a 'hospitality' wristband that at the best festival in the world allows them access to something which isn't the festival. And all because they like others to think that they're somehow special because they don't attend the festival while those others do.

I'd consider buying one if I didn't get a normal ticket, but so a friend who works at a major record co says, lots of the staff can't wait to buy their ticket to the not-festival (she meanwhile waits till those that will sell have sold, and then talks the person with tickets but no buyers into giving her a freebie :lol:)

Edited by eFestivals

well, that's what they are. :)

They pay about double the ticket price for a 'hospitality' wristband that at the best festival in the world allows them access to something which isn't the festival. And all because they like others to think that they're somehow special because they don't attend the festival while those others do.

I'd consider buying one if I didn't get a normal ticket, but so a friend who works at a major record co says, lots of the staff can't wait to buy their ticket to the not-festival (she meanwhile waits till those that will sell have sold, and then talks the person with tickets but no buyers into giving her a freebie :lol:)

I had a backstage pass at Bestival once as I was covering it in a past career. It was pretty dull. It was basically just a tent, with a few free warm beers, Gary Numan playing with a minature saxaphone, Florence moaning that she had got mud on her dress and Phil Jupitus going in and out the gate ranting.

The most amusing bit was after The Specials played their return surprise gig thing the security wouldn't let Phil back in and he actually uttered the line "Don't you know who I am". Priceless :)