Olympic Park/Stadium shows 2013

Guest johnl

I thought both (Wireless/HRC) were always planned to be in the "Park" anyway rather than the stadium...I am sure i read that, with the athletics being in the stadium..(and there mentions of anniversary gigs in the actual stadium I think.)

Edited by LondonTom

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I said when. HRC have said thy are moving to the park, but it surely won't be held at the same time as the stadium is being used? Plus from the map on the site the whole area is called the park - so that's very non specific.

I would have thought if it was The Rolling Stones they would have to use the stadium for all their old fans who can't stand up for more than 15 minutes

http://noordinarypark.co.uk/where/

Also Wireless have cancelled tomorrow's announcement

"So. There's been a delay & we're not allowed to announce our headliner tomoz. BUT we promise to reveal ALL on Tuesday (pinky promise)"
Edited by 5co77ie

I think the announcement being put back makes Justin Timberlake more possible. Tickets for his brist aftershow party went on sale today, so announcing him for wireless today could be a problem. So yhey announce him on tuesday, he plays the brits wednesday tickets on sale friday. Seems logical to me and he's exactly the type of act I would expect wireless to book.

Pretty sure I'd be at that, the misses loves JT and I think he's got some smashing songs!

I think the announcement being put back makes Justin Timberlake more possible. Tickets for his brist aftershow party went on sale today, so announcing him for wireless today could be a problem. So yhey announce him on tuesday, he plays the brits wednesday tickets on sale friday. Seems logical to me and he's exactly the type of act I would expect wireless to book.

Pretty sure I'd be at that, the misses loves JT and I think he's got some smashing songs!

Don't know, its possible, Wireless could claim an english exclusive. Could sub the killers maybe? I think he's too big to sub mumford and too similar to sub rihanna. JT into the Killers sounds more plausible every time I say it.

This isn't insider info by the way, this is just guess work, logic and using what little I know about announcements 'strategies' from years of reading Neils posts

I'd expect the total opposite. Arctics IMO are far and wide the obvious option that HRC have from Glasto. They booked The Killers, maybe even twice now. There isn't that much difference, same field to be honest.

Can't see The Stones doing a show that has ticket fee's for £60, whereas Arctics are playing Friday at Glasto so can easily do Saturday at HRC and be the cheaper headliner of the two they get, plus no other UK show this year.

As said, Killers are much more adult and middle aged focused. Maybe if we were talking about Arctics first record era

Stones will have to play a UK gig somewhere, otherwise its not financially viable for them. Where better than a fest which has a history of booking acts of their type, in a venue they're used to, where they can pick up a decent pay cheque?

I would imagine the Olympic Stadium being a preferential place to allow for a the Stone lips stage & possible possible DVD tie in with the show their in the summer, advertised as a 50th anniversary DVD show. I bet that would sell.

With previous line ups, I can't see them getting in Artics unless they change in tack to go for a younger audience.