Olympic Park/Stadium shows 2013

Guest johnl

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The latest news from Aerosmith is that they're doing a one-off concert. Apparently, some people saw Aerosmith on US TV saying they will be doing a special festival in Britain in the summer.

That makes 2 headliners for HRC: Aerosmith and KISS.

Third headliner guesses?

Fleetwood Mac - A one-off festival appearance as their O2 shows are sold out?

Prince - The first date of the summer european tour has been confirmed

Rolling Stones - ?

The latest news from Aerosmith is that they're doing a one-off concert. Apparently, some people saw Aerosmith on US TV saying they will be doing a special festival in Britain in the summer.

That makes 2 headliners for HRC: Aerosmith and KISS.

Third headliner guesses?

Fleetwood Mac - A one-off festival appearance as their O2 shows are sold out?

Prince - The first date of the summer european tour has been confirmed

Rolling Stones - ?

if two of the acts are aerosmith and kiss, then the third act will be a hell of a lot smaller than those you've named.

Really? Why do you say that?

According to what I have read, they want to hold 2 days of Wireless and HRC at the stadium and assuming it will be one day for each festival, and allegedly neither Aerosmith nor KISS are strong acts for a stadium in the UK... Do you think that Aerosmith can sell out a stadium?

nope, I don't think Aerosmith can sell out a stadium. I'm not sure they could sell out an arena.

I'm not entirely sure, but I believe that shows are to be held in the park, and not necessarily just the stadium. If that's the case then I think it's very likely that HRC will be outside of the stadium if it has Aerosmith and Kiss.

(Whether Wireless will also be outside of the stadium I don't know).

any rumors for wireless as cant find an efestival page for it

nope, no page yet - because we can't list a fest without having the dates, and because everything about it is so different this year it's not safe to try and predict what dates it will be. The first announcement is this week.

Scott's best guess at who might be playing is Justin Timberlake.

nope, no page yet - because we can't list a fest without having the dates, and because everything about it is so different this year it's not safe to try and predict what dates it will be. The first announcement is this week.

Scott's best guess at who might be playing is Justin Timberlake.

Hard Rock Calling have just posted on FB (after increasingly hostile posts from the public)

Thanks so much for your patience HRC fans.

The good news is we'll be making a date announcement this Friday. The better news is that we'll be making a lineup announcement on the 5th of March.

It's going to be ridiculously good and seriously worth the wait

535907_10151472467263322_13458339_n.jpg

Could Wireless have Kanye? It would be his second appearance there in six or seven years, but in recent years, they've not exactly been adverse to repeat bookings.

I reckon Hammersmith will sell out in no time at all on Friday, then Wireless will announce "if you missed out, don't worry, he's back!".

I'd go on to say that Wireless date could also point towards a possible Glastonbury booking. The only links I can think of for him and Glastonbury are a. he's supported The Stones, b. he's supposedly been booked before and c. he may have seen Jay-Z and Beyonces success and felt inspired.

Edited by thesecretingredientiscrime

I'm not sure when Hard Rock Calling is going to be.

The Stadium wasn't licensed until 27th July - and now this is happening the first weekend:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/athletics/21181650

Looks likely HRC could be happening in August, in the Park - where Wireless is - and possibly then will have to be held the weekend between Wireless and the Diamond League Meeting. Guess we find out tomorrow but I can't see it clashing with the Stadium weekend.

This makes it sound like it could be a BLOC all over again, if it's earlier in July:

http://noordinarypark.co.uk/what/transforming-queen-elizabeth-olympic-park/

Edited by 5co77ie