Rolling Stones...

Karlhippy

Does the 12:15pm time given suggest that if they are booked, it's not definitely the Friday that it'd happen?

No Glasto on that screen shot ; )

No there wasn't. Was just one Indio date for Coachella on the 1st Friday of week 1 and the Stones Film thing do to with Ron Wood in America. Think it was Newark but can't totally remember now.

Though with anything Glasto, I guess it wouldn't need to be on there due to only Coachella 1st week on there. May've been a bit of a cheeky thing not to put week 2 on there two if it's true as to get more talking lol

You gotta hand it to them. That was value for money last night.

I'm changing my tune slightly about the Stones at Glasters. Think it might just prove to be triumphant.

yes it was well worth £10 and they were playing well .I liked the part where Lady GaGa sang Gimme Shelter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPbLKl3_hsY

there was punters sitting at the side and back of the stage - could not see if they could see a view screen.

"Get Off of My Cloud"

"The Last Time"

"It's Only Rock 'n' Roll (But I Like It)"

"Paint It Black"

"Gimme Shelter" [with Lady Gaga]

"Wild Horses"

"Going Down" [John Mayer and Gary Clark Jr.]

"Dead Flowers"

"Who Do You Love" [The Black Keys]

"Doom and Gloom"

"One More Shot"

"Miss You"

"Honky Tonk Women"

"Before They Make Me Run"

"Happy"

"Midnight Rambler" [Mick Taylor]

"Start Me Up"

"Tumbling Dice" [bruce Springsteen]

"Brown Sugar"

"Sympathy for the Devil"

Encores:

"You Can't Always Get What You Want"

"Jumpin' Jack Flash"

"(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction"

That gaga/jagger dance off thing is probably the oddest thing I've ever seen on the Internet (and fuck me have I trawled some sites). Imagine trying to explain to somebody from 100 years ago exactly what was going on there. Just plain bizarre. Watch it again. What the actual fuck eh?

Went to watch the video there and says it has been taken down due to a copyright claim by the WWE. Not very often you see that.

Edit: Found it again what the hell was she doing and her singing seems very much similar to what Fergie from the Black Eyed Peas sang when she performed this with Mick and U2 at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame concert in 2009.

Edited by JamesT977

That gaga/jagger dance off thing is probably the oddest thing I've ever seen on the Internet (and fuck me have I trawled some sites). Imagine trying to explain to somebody from 100 years ago exactly what was going on there. Just plain bizarre. Watch it again. What the actual fuck eh?

Couldn't agree more. Thought it sounded ok but f*ck me it hurt my eyes. I mean it really really hurt my eyes!

And that bit in my brain that processes vision.........

yea well... close-ish, but definitely no cigar

better than their worst stuff, but miles, light years away from their best

Talk Is Cheap is my favourite Stones album not by the Stones... not sure if it qualifies though.

I ruled that out on the basis of it being Keef.

Great album though but I prefer Main Offender, absolutely love Hate It When You Leave.

Sincerely hope the Stones aren't playing. And if they are, I hope theres someone good on one of the other stages.

Watching One More Shot, the PPV from Jersey the other night. Absolutely dreadful. They sound like a bad wedding band. At best.

Pack it in lads. Time to dust off the acoustic and jam some old timey blues in small venues.

if the Stones play, i have no doubt in my mind that i'll go and see them. since their reunion i've re-kindled my love with them. but i sincerely hope that there's nobody i love playing on another stage, because when the Stones end up being sh!t (which is very likely) i'll be kicking myself for missing the other act (who, no matter who it is, will no doubt be better than the Stones)

It's gonna be a horrible decision if they do play I reckon. I know they're gonna be shit, but I also know if I miss them and they're not, I'll regret it for ever. If Mick was playing the whole gig, it'd be an easier decision! Why don't they just play with 3 guitars the whole set. Mick Taylor could cover up the others' mistakes.

Might as well, Keith and Ronnie hardly play their guitars any more. Have been watching footage of the O2 gigs and I still cant work out where the music is coming from considering both of them hardly play anything, they must be guitar maestro to strum their guitars with such little effort but get that sound out !........................Id still go watch them if they played though, just incase they nailed it !