Films

Rufus Gwertigan

Ive tried Lovefilm, and Netflix - utter shite the both of them AFAIC.

the minute someone comes up with a spotify equivalent for movies and telly - I'm all over it, even for £20 a month, but as it stands - I'll stick to my illegal downloads thank you very much. There is far too much bollocks regarding broadcast rights for movies and TV I'm afraid.

• Upvote 1

I Think We're Alone Now

short documentary about fans obsessed with Tiffany (80s pop star), it focuses on two stalkers of hers, completely one lovely but deluded man and a one slightly less lovely deluded hermaphrodite. There is no narration, but lets them just talk about their obsessions and how about their 'relationships' with the unknowing woman.

Pretty funny, but can get hard to watch once the film actually shows their interactions with other people in relation to Tiffany....

Really interesting, should probably be shown to anyone who LOVES any random celebrity to make them realise how weird they are :P

"Smith has stated that the original ending actually continued through with the trumpets signaling the Rapture. After Cooper tells Keenan to shoot him, Cooper's chest explodes, followed by the remaining family members' chests exploding one by one, and then the remaining agents' chests exploding one by one. During these deaths, the ground shakes and splits, and Keenan curls up on the ground and closes his eyes. When he opens his eyes he sees the last agent killed with a giant sword coming out of his chest, which is being wielded by an enormous armored angel. The angel looks at Keenan, puts a finger to his lips, and says "shhhhh". The angel then flies off into the sky, and as the angel banks out of the picture, the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse descend"

What was the original ending in it?

TBH it sounds like I'd prefer the current ending but if they handled it a bit better rather than just cutting and explaining what did happen.

i'd love to see a realistic portrayal of biblical carnage...

i've seen it done as comedy (Dogma) and as shit action (Legion) but I've always wanted to see it take place amongst real people... Sort of like The Mist but with angels :P

Ive tried Lovefilm, and Netflix - utter shite the both of them AFAIC.

the minute someone comes up with a spotify equivalent for movies and telly - I'm all over it, even for £20 a month, but as it stands - I'll stick to my illegal downloads thank you very much. There is far too much bollocks regarding broadcast rights for movies and TV I'm afraid.

The selection of TV programmes on Netflix is pretty good, but yeah the film selection is dreadful. However, Crackle beats both Netflix and Lovefilm hands down with the worst selection of all time

http://www.crackle.com/

please dont post response to this on the open forum, but would people please PM me with which torrent tracker (private only) sites they use, and a brief review of how good they are?

ta.

Im reluctant to use them, but usenet is just such a hassle these days.

Whatever happened to Avatar 2?I thought they filled the trilogy all at the same time?
[spaced]Avatar is a big pile of blue shite.[/spaced]

Cameron's just trying to find another 80s cartoon film to rip the story off. First Ferngully, next up who knows.

Those with Netflix - have a look at hacking it so you get the US content. Much much better than UK Netflix and the kids selection is fab too.

We went to see the hobbit on NYE. Gollum stole the show - could have watched much more of him and Bilbo together and ditched some of the goblin stuff. Watched it in 2D and got annoyed at how many of the scenes felt like they'd been designed just to show off the 3D capabilities. But having said that it was quite enjoyable (although I have some literary friends going nuts about the rabbits, haha!) and will see the next one - didn't realise it was a three parter though?! I assumed it was just two!