Films

Rufus Gwertigan

Lots of places in Letchworth Garden City are getting turned into random pubs for the new Simon Pegg film "The World's End". I turned up to catch my train this morning to find the station had been turned into "The Hole In The Wall"

I'm so looking forward to that, it's the same team of Edgar Wright, Simon Pegg & Nick Frost returning since Hot Fuzz and they have been working on the script for years.

I'm pretty sure if you changed the Joker from a insane mad man that enjoys killing people into a freedom fighter it would no longer be considered a bad guy film.

Not a freedom fighter as such...just ...more acceptable killing spree's. :P (Guess it depends on your views really on whose an acceptable kill.)

Apparently the Justice League movie will be connected to the Nolan Batman films and Joesph Gordon Levitt & another actor from the series are gonna be in it.

http://www.hitfix.co...-justice-league

I'm going to spoiler all of this just in case you've not seen The Dark Knight Rises yet...

I could totally get behind that. I'd love to see JGL as Batman, but I think people (mostly fanboys) will rage if it's a continuation from The Dark Knight Rises and it's not Bruce Wayne under the cowl.

Actually just thinking more on this they could go 3 ways I think:

1. Make JGL the new Bruce Wayne/Batman altogether with nothing to do with Nolan's trilogy.

2. Continuie from DKR and have JGL as the new Batman.

3. Continue from DKR and have JGL as the new Batman but never mention his name/show him out of the cowl - after all, Bats is a secretive kind of guy.

Edited by G-Stud

I'm going to spoiler all of this just in case you've not seen The Dark Knight Rises yet...

I could totally get behind that. I'd love to see JGL as Batman, but I think people (mostly fanboys) will rage if it's a continuation from The Dark Knight Rises and it's not Bruce Wayne under the cowl.

I'd just rather see a different take on Batman, Nolan's Batman is very "realistic" (and if it is him then it will be a carbon copy of what's been done in Dark Knight otherwise what's the point) so I don't think it would work when he's playing superhero with the likes of Superman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern etc...

also there's a much better story out there that can be done with Levitt after Dark Knight Rises with him becoming Batman rather than him being a Justice League stand in for the real Batman who saved Gotham and defeated the Joker when all he has really done is find the Batcave after being told where it is and shove some kids onto a bus whilst Batman saved the day.

Edited by jump

Actually just thinking more on this they could go 3 ways I think:

1. Make JGL the new Bruce Wayne/Batman altogether with nothing to do with Nolan's trilogy.

2. Continuie from DKR and have JGL as the new Batman.

3. Continue from DKR and have JGL as the new Batman but never mention his name/show him out of the cowl - after all, Bats is a secretive kind of guy.

For me the best JLA stories are where Batman is a mean bastard. There's even one where they kick him out of the gang because he's too dangerous - he knows how to take out each and every one of his uber-powerful colleagues. I can't see them going with that as the first film, but maybe GL, Flash or someone doing the whole "Why's he here, he's got no powers?" thing and then Batman showing them who's boss isn't a big reach. And that would work well if nobody knows who he really is, he's just Batman.

Letchworth has never been this exciting. Saw a horde of zombies with lights on their heads running through town last night, and later on I got watch Simon Pegg filming a fight scene with some of them. Oh and there was a prosthetic head getting fired into the air!

I've never seen a film being made before. Its quite fascinating but slightly boring at the same time. I don't know how many takes of that fight scene he did, but it was only about 10 seconds long and there was about 5 minutes of hanging around in the freezing cold between each take.

Might pop down again tonight to watch a bit more.

Letchworth has never been this exciting. Saw a horde of zombies with lights on their heads running through town last night, and later on I got watch Simon Pegg filming a fight scene with some of them. Oh and there was a prosthetic head getting fired into the air!

I've never seen a film being made before. Its quite fascinating but slightly boring at the same time. I don't know how many takes of that fight scene he did, but it was only about 10 seconds long and there was about 5 minutes of hanging around in the freezing cold between each take.

Might pop down again tonight to watch a bit more.

it took ITV 12 hours to film my 2 minute bio sequence for a badly made dating show... I can imagine shooting a film to be absolutely soul destroying :blink:

Watched Nick Frost being chased by "zombies"* over and over again last night. Letchworth is just surreal at the moment. I basically step out of the station/Hole In The Wall pub on my way home from work, straight onto a film set.

God knows why they decided to film this on freezing cold November nights though.

* I'm not really sure they are zombies though.

Watched Nick Frost being chased by "zombies"* over and over again last night. Letchworth is just surreal at the moment. I basically step out of the station/Hole In The Wall pub on my way home from work, straight onto a film set.

God knows why they decided to film this on freezing cold November nights though.

* I'm not really sure they are zombies though.

I think I remember reading somewhere the flick is gonna be a sci-fi/ apocalypse type.