Bestival 2013

Guest zahidf

Yeah they are pretty strict on it, I've seen them checking ID before. Obviously it will depend who you get etc, but they definitely do try to enforce it.

Also seen in the past them stopping under 18's getting in the arena areas at night, though not last year.

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

unless it's going to be a massive curve ball (Prince or Dolly Parton) I'd say the most likely contender has to be Nick Cave, he's not currently playing any UK festivals & he's whored out pretty much all over the European ones...

That said I could see it being Chase & Status (though I hope not).

True, perhaps they wanted to hold back on a headliner merely to spur on a few more sales with the next announcement though.

Chase & Status would make sense though, holding them back until after R&L has had them announced for a while, like they did with Florence. Come to think of it is Skrillex exclusive to R&L? Not exactly my cuppa tea but I could see RDB going for it.

Considering the size of some of the acts not headlining: MIA Franz Ferdinand & Flaming Lips spring to mind, I really can't see it being Suede. They'd make a nice addition, but I'd say they're only really about the same size as Belle & Sebastian.

Out of the three of those, I'd say nowadays only The Flaming Lips are close to being as big as Suede and their certainly more popular than Belle and Sebastian. I think some people really are underestimating how popular they are. Like I said earlier, they might not be a hugely popular choice but they could headline.

Anyway, from what I read this is a moot point anyway as it's been said they won't be playing UK festivals this year.

Out of the three of those, I'd say nowadays only The Flaming Lips are close to being as big as Suede and their certainly more popular than Belle and Sebastian. I think some people really are underestimating how popular they are. Like I said earlier, they might not be a hugely popular choice but they could headline.

Anyway, from what I read this is a moot point anyway as it's been said they won't be playing UK festivals this year.

I disagree sorry. I don't think Suede are as big as MIA & certainly not as big as the Lips. I don't think they could headline a festival as big as Bestival, perhaps if it's a European exclusive but even then I don't see it.

Yeah my protestations about C&S are based solely upon personal preferance to be honest - I am kind of outside of that spectrum of music these days so I have absolutely no idea of their relative size or popularity.

I would imagine they will have a guitar band on to be honest, although I only think I have seen 2 headline performances in the 3 years I have been so will probably be somewhere in a tent at that time anyway.