Bestival 2013

Guest zahidf

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've not heard any confirmation that they're subbing, but I would think they maybe too big for the Big Top?

Good point about it finishing later, I'd forgot that. Suppose I could watch the majority of Snoop then head over to see the Knife. I'm not sure if M.I.A will be in the Big Top though, could see it being pretty rammed if she is.

A name that came into my head when I was thinking about next years potential headliners was Diana Ross... So I checked to see if she still tours & it turns out she's doing a US tour this year in August. So plenty of time to pop over to Europe for a few dates in Sep. Now, I know she's unlikely to say the least, but it wouldn't be the first time Rob's pulled a wild card out that nobody expected...

Nile Rodgers breaking it down with Diana would be something not to miss for sure.

Edited by Frankly Mr Shankly

I'm thinking we'll end up with something like this:

Thursday Big Top:

PiL

Dj Fresh

Dexy's

Courtney Pine

Friday:

Portishead

The Flaming Lips

Belle & Sebastian

James Blake

Big Top:

Franz Ferdinand

Johnny Marr

Bastille

Peace

Saturday:

Snoop Dogg

M.I.A

Wu-Tang-Clan

The Roots

Big Top:

Annie Mac Presents

Netsky

Hot Natured

Disclosure

Rudimental

Sunday:

Elton John

Foals

Chic & Nile Rodgers

Jessie Ware

Big Top:

The Knife

Bombay Bicycle Club

Sinead O'Connor

Tom Odell

On a side note, christ the Bestival part of this forum is dead, hardly anyone posts. :P

Agree with rexclark, looks top.

One thing though, would Disclosure and Jessie Ware play Annie Mac Presents again? Could see something like this instead if they didn't:

Skream and Benga

Sub Focus

Annie Mac

Rudimental

Julio Bashmore

Redlight

Bondax

Not sure she'll top Justice! That was a big, big booking.

Also, I know they would never do it because they're probably too heavy but Rage Against the Machine would kill it if they ever headlined. I'm just watching the Finsbury DVD and remembering how great a show it was...

Edited by Zacko

RDB doesn't follow patterns so the R&L thing is pretty irrelevant, all it does is show they're around I suppose. But if we're assuming the Flaming Lips are subbing (they're doing Friday) I don't see them doing it to Chase & Status...

Nick Cave, Portishead or Vampire Weekend are my 3 hunches at the minute.

The National seem to be knocking about this summer & are yet to be announced anywhere in the UK, I don't know if they're big enough though?

I didn't mean in the sense of following a pattern. I meant there must be a reason why the third headliner hasn't been announced yet and last year Flo wasn't announced due to being a sub at Reading. C&S are potential candidates this year and with that in mind it could be them.

I'd love it to be Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, but why hold off announcing them?