Bestival 2013

Guest zahidf

Is AMP presents definitely on the Saturday?

Just, if Bastille are indeed playing on the Saturday, it's difficult to see them on the main with hip-hop extravaganza and in the big top with AMP....

I'd imagine both those things will take up at least the top 5 slots, and I'd reckon that's where Bastille would go on either stage

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've cracked it. RDB thinks he's being clever but I've got him figured... Both Stevie Wonder & Elton John have released songs with Blue, evidently he's booked them both as the Sunday headliners in the lead up to next year when it'll be Blue. Patterns people, it's all about the patterns. ;)

SYSTEM UP WITH THE TOP DOWN...

Django Django played PW last year and I would say there was more hype about them. Although the tent was rammed..

Wonder if the Replay Stage will be back, no mention of it on the Grassy Hill Area on the website... they could play that easy enough too.

Edited by Paul ™

That would be excellent, I guess they're going to have to do something after how rammed Justice was last year in the Big Top (I was already in the tent from earlier in the night so didn't really notice it but I heard it was spilling out to ridiculous levels?).

Edited by Zacko

Im putting money on it being Nick Cave.

I noticed on twitter a few weeks back that Bestival was following Nick Cave but they dont seem to be now.

Im unaware of them playing bestival before and seeing as Bestival usually just follow bands that have played/going to play then maybe this confirms it.

Like i said they dont seem to be following Nick Cave now, maybe they thought somebody would spot it and twig on? Or maybe im just talking rubbish who knows :biggrin:

Im putting money on it being Nick Cave.

I noticed on twitter a few weeks back that Bestival was following Nick Cave but they dont seem to be now.

Im unaware of them playing bestival before and seeing as Bestival usually just follow bands that have played/going to play then maybe this confirms it.

Like i said they dont seem to be following Nick Cave now, maybe they thought somebody would spot it and twig on? Or maybe im just talking rubbish who knows :biggrin:

Well something else Rob tweeted earlier - and apparently since deleted! - made me think that perhaps whoever he had lined up as the Friday headliner has fallen through. In reply to a tweet asking for clues on the Friday headliner, he replied "All I know at the moment is that we'll have a headliner on Friday" or something along those lines.

There's no reason why Annie Mac Presents has to be in the Big Top (it used to be in Bollywood), especially if one of the new areas is "the biggest dance stage at Bestival" that she mentioned she'd be playing on her recent Google Hangout thingy.

And I can't see her diluting her AMP brand by booking indie acts.

Edited by smogo

That seems a bit strange, I am sure the 3 headliners were already signed though, so it may be that indeed one has fallen through.

So one was booked last year at the festival as we know, So was that Elton, Snoop or the yet to be announced act.

If it was Portishead, as Geoff Barrow played there last year with Beak> then I'll be gutted if they have indeed pulled out. Portishead have no dates past June, but interestingly Beak> have one in July.

Seems strange that one person who came on and posted Arcade Fire/Snoop/Elton only ever made that one post and has not logged in since. And the order would have been correct to the days too.

Could Arcade Fire have been lined up to play but have had to pull out due to pregnancies therefore delaying the new album?

Edited by Paul ™

Elton John was booked during last year's festival. Rob said as much in that efests interview earlier this year, and apparently Elton was spotted backstage taking a look around.

"It's public knowledge that I confirmed the Sunday headliner on the weekend of Bestival this year. That's good, and that's another iconic act, that will hopefully be as good as Stevie Wonder was. The rest of it is up in the air really, I haven't got lots of offers out on headliners. I've got two offers out on two headliners that I really want, and I'm waiting to hear back from them, hopefully in the next week."

Edited by smogo