Football 2012-2013

Guest kaosmark2

ahhh, agree with you totally there.

Even his "storm forwards and run into an opponent and fall over and claim a foul" act isn't working for him any more, based on the last few England games.

I'm pretty sure that Henderson has been bought as Gerrard's long term replacement, tho whether he'll ever get to anything like the same level remains to be seen.

But around the slagging Henderson's had for being called into the England squad, I saw a headline (I didn't read the article) somewhere which said something about Henderson being the next long-term England captain - so presumably a football writer somewhere rates his potential very highly.

I can't say I've seen enough of him to decide either way, because although he's at times been dreadful for Liverpool mostly when played on the right, he's looked much better when played more centrally &/or when Gerrard hasn't been on the field (which suggests to me he's intimidated a bit by Gerrard).

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• eFestivals

• pink_triangle

• thetime

• strummer77

I like the start alot!! Not to easy to get a false sense of hope about our struggle ahead but not to bad a run to gain some momentum early on in the season and not have to do the chasing to get out of the relegation zone.

The Hammers will be just around 11th/12th to finish I think :D With a miserable mid season that makes it look like we could get relegated again :P

Hopefully we get to send reading back down to ;)

I like the start alot!! Not to easy to get a false sense of hope about our struggle ahead but not to bad a run to gain some momentum early on in the season and not have to do the chasing to get out of the relegation zone.

The Hammers will be just around 11th/12th to finish I think :D With a miserable mid season that makes it look like we could get relegated again :P

Hopefully we get to send reading back down to ;)

I sometimes think its better for a newly promoted team to get a few tough opening games.

Energy levels and excitement of the players and the fans is running high, no expectations in those games, the team's usually injury free, probably as good a time as any to get them.

The Christmas period is a bad time to get them. Lots of games all coming at once. Have a bad run over this period and it can be very difficult to recover

I can see us being in the bottom three around christmas with the run of games from November onwards, but the relatively (certainly compared to Southampton's) easy start gives us an oppertunity to prevent that if we can hit the ground running. Not holding my breath though, been a hammers fan too long to expect too much :P

Edited by LondonTom

But around the slagging Henderson's had for being called into the England squad, I saw a headline (I didn't read the article) somewhere which said something about Henderson being the next long-term England captain - so presumably a football writer somewhere rates his potential very highly.

I can't say I've seen enough of him to decide either way, because although he's at times been dreadful for Liverpool mostly when played on the right, he's looked much better when played more centrally &/or when Gerrard hasn't been on the field (which suggests to me he's intimidated a bit by Gerrard).

Rangers not in the 2012/13 fixture list instead "Club 12" is listed...

BUT

http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/18422397

Reading this makes me think there is no way in hell the SPL is going to vote against them coming back in. Fact is having Rangers in the league means more TV money so its going to be a simple decision in the end I feel.

Saying this, it would be disgraceful to let Rangers in from a sporting prospective... but its all about money now... and what will it say to other clubs when they do just walk back in...

I'm not sure about Henderson, I never really noticed him at sunderland when he was getting hyped as the next big thing. Still young and time on side, however potential is not always delivered on. I would say for players at hendersons level at that age, as many do not deliver on the potential as do.

I wouldn't say he's a particularly noticeable player though because that isn't his style. He isn't a Gerrard and he isn't liable to have brilliant and awful games at the moment. He keeps possession flowing, gets it and passes it and finds space. He harries people etc.

He could do with more goals and assists (and he certainly has the ability to do that) and I wouldn't say he's the next big thing. I just think he has the ability to become a very good central midfielder for club and country and at what is lacking essentially is confidence in his considerable ability. I know many aren't convinced he'll become anything great, but I still don't quite understand the stick he gets... he's rarely been awful, just mediocre.

you know how people say "XYZ is a fantastic player, look at all the medals he's won"?

I was wondering if there are any players that works in reverse with, as in: "XYZ has all these fantastic medals, but how? He's shit"?

Edited by thetime