• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• eFestivals

• pink_triangle

• thetime

• strummer77

Ibra's only been average in games against English opposition, and obviously that's a clear indication. Like how Messi is shit because he hasn't scored against Chelsea.

I would also say valdes has never been top 5 in the world keeper material but he just seems to fit well with the Barca squad.

Busquets is average enough but hes Barca bred so he knows the system. Helps a lot.

Can't think of anyone other than O'Shea to take the title to be honest. 5 leagues, 1 Champions League, 1 FA Cup, 3 pisspots, 1 World Club Championship, 256 games for Man Utd.

Unbelievable.

Aye. I'm not disputing why Barca and Spain play him. Just saying.

Was going to say Neil had said players that aren't bit-part, but at 256 games he's averaging over 20 a season, and that includes periods spent injured, or when he was young and getting even fewer.

The Italian teams must have had some average players that got 30-odd games in successful seasons though?

You can pick players from the likes of Greece in 04, Liverpool in 05, etc., but they're all one-off wins. In terms of sustained success and limited talent I can't see anyone besting the average Man U players.

Busquets is average enough but hes Barca bred so he knows the system. Helps a lot.

Can't think of anyone other than O'Shea to take the title to be honest. 5 leagues, 1 Champions League, 1 FA Cup, 3 pisspots, 1 World Club Championship, 256 games for Man Utd.

Unbelievable.

Not quite Shit but Torres is the only Player to be current world cup winner, euro winner and cl winner. All for doing pretty much fuck all.

Torres was one of the names I thought over when I posed the question to myself, but decided he didn't quite fit what I asked. Cos while he's under-deserving of all that from his contributions & performances he's not quite shit (despite being shit for nearly 3 years now :lol:).

I'd thought of Traore too, but if all he has is one CL medal then he's not decked out in enough gold to count.

I was struggling for ideas, which is why I wondered what you lot thought.

Was going to say Neil had said players that aren't bit-part, but at 256 games he's averaging over 20 a season, and that includes periods spent injured, or when he was young and getting even fewer.

In terms of sustained success and limited talent I can't see anyone besting the average Man U players.

It's looking like you might be right with that, but they're still not really the sorts of 'top player' names I thought there might be with loads of medals their limited-talent didn't deserve. Despite that impressive number of games over many seasons, I still can't see them as more than bit part players, because with just about anyone as manager they'd never be within the first 11 choices for the team to put on the pitch.

Edited by eFestivals

It's looking like you might be right with that, but they're still not really the sorts of 'top player' names I thought there might be with loads of medals their limited-talent didn't deserve. Despite that impressive number of games over many seasons, I still can't see them as more than bit part players, because with just about anyone as manager they'd never be within the first 11 choices for the team to put on the pitch.

No he wasn't better than Carragher. Better than Carragher now? Definitely, he's rubbish. But that shouldn't detract from the fact he was a decent player. Wes Brown of any era being better than Carragher 2005-2009? No, not at all.

You could put up the arguement he may be more naturally talented than Carragher but that's really less than half the story. As far as centre backs go, during that small period Carragher was very good. Very very good at times. He was a key part in the best defence in the league and one of the best defenders in the league, something that Brown could never claim to be.

I may have completely fallen out of love with the bloke, but Wes Brown was not a better player than Carragher.

Edited by The Nal