• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• eFestivals

• pink_triangle

• thetime

• strummer77

Mourinho said that the best team lost. Very much disagree with that, Man U looked good, but I thought it was about equal up until the red card. Man U were lucky to get the goal, and lucky to get the disallowed goal decision in the first half.

Completely understand the red card, slightly harsh but that looks reckless and dangerous. From replays I'd say a yellow would have been a better decision, but I don't think the ref deserves criticism.

Not impressed with this comment:

Everton manager David Moyes on BBC Radio 5 live: "I am looking from a manager's point of view and Manchester United have had hard time tonight. I think they have a right to surround the referee"

Outrageous IMO, condoning pressuring the ref.

Giggs excellent tonight, Cleverley and Carrick outclassed. Rafael coping surprisingly well with Coentrao and Ronaldo until the Red. Modric fantastic after he came on, best 30 minutes I've seen of him.

Varane looks an excellent centre-back already though. Hadn't heard of him until 3 months ago but seen him in 3 games in the last month and he's been ace every one.

Mourinho said that the best team lost. Very much disagree with that, Man U looked good, but I thought it was about equal up until the red card. Man U were lucky to get the goal, and lucky to get the disallowed goal decision in the first half.

Edited by Kyelo

Could also be argued they were unlucky to hit the post and unlucky they had several shots stopped by superb goal keeping in the last ten minutes.

Totally agree with Mourinho, United were the better team just and they lost but that is football! Real won't win it, it's going to a German team.

I think an important fact that many have missed is that it is still very possible that Real Madrid could have won the league 11 v 11. It was very close over the 2 games and either team could have won. Some red cards are definitely correct and some definitely wrong, I see this one as somewhere in the middle, so it can definitely be justified. It probably wouldnt result in the majority of games in England however its not an english domestic game and it will always be refereed differently. I dont think it was intentional and can partially be put down to bad luck, however luck is a part of the game and works both ways. Coming from behind when down to 10 men is not as easy as some make out, so real deserve some credit, barca found it a lot harder to break chelsea down last year.

Edited by pink_triangle

Mourinho said that the best team lost. Very much disagree with that

me too. Cute comment by Moaniho tho. :lol:

I love the way that the media are trying to play up the red card as "controversial" - or better put as "we was robbed by those cheating foreigners" - while all three pundits on ITV said they weren't surprised for it to get a red (and Keane and Southgate went further and said it was a red).

So was it a red? Well, if Suarez is always a cheating dirty nasty bastard, then Nani is too - cos while the initial contact was very probably accidental, there was absolutely no need for Nani to include a deliberate kick into the guys chest along with the accidental contact.

Rumours that fergie had to skip the press conference due to his head exploding in misplaced rage are confirmed.

Thing is as Pink Triangle said, Chelsea coped down to ten last year v Barca. Even LIverpool v United down to ten coped for a long time this season. Last night Real scored 2 within ten minutes. Mourinho reacted right away whilst SAF didn't until too late.

Edited by strummer77

so anyway .... Nani's kick. Was it a deliberate kick at the player?

I'm not meaning the initial collision, I'm meaning Nani extending his leg into the guy's chest after first contact had been made.

Amusingly - cos we can't have Utd thought of as dirty now, can we? - in bits I've seen on TV this morning they're choosing not to show the angle that shows Nani extending his leg, so they can keep saying it was "controversial".

If the ref or his assistants saw that leg extend (it would depend on their viewing angles) then few refs wouldn't give a red.

Didnt see the game, damn gig clashes.

Seen the main incidents though, of course it was a red as nanis foot was dangerously high and not in control.

Cant comment who should of won though, amazing how suarez has been included in the discussion already

I expected it to be at least lunchtime.

Edited by thetime

Seen the main incidents though, of course it was a red as nanis foot was dangerously high and not in control.

the foot being that high and out of control is one thing, and (in plenty of minds) deserving of a red by itself.

But there was more to it than just a collision with a high foot. There was what looked like a deliberate kick too.

Cant comment who should of won though, amazing how suarez has been included in the discussion already

If it were Suarez, the media wouldn't have shut up about the bit that looks like a deliberate kick. But from last night, I've yet to see a single mention of it.

Within what happened there is very definitely what looks like a deliberate kick (it can't be seen from at least one of the camera angles tho, so you need to view the right angle).

I'm prepared to accept that it might not have been the deliberate kick that it looks like being - there's all sorts of things going on with a person's balance when a fast moving person is impacted by another - but from the posters here which have steadfastly refused to accept there can ever be any balance issues in the mix with Suarez, surely they can't accept that kick from Nani as an accident too, on the same basis.

Or perhaps more double standards are at play than some will ever own up to.

So ... let's see those double standards. Was it a kick?