• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• eFestivals

• pink_triangle

• thetime

• strummer77

I'll take that as an admission you were wrong ;)

something I admitted before he'd even finished playing his first match for you, if you care to check back on this thread.

But even so that statement I've just made holds true to some extent. It's easy to look a superstar alongside not-great players, but impossible for Cole to look like that alongside Liverpool's not great players.

Er nothing, I've been saying we're poor all season. The fact it's taken you until three quarters of the way through the season highlights your knowledge - or lack of it.

I know you've been poor all season.

Just because I've not realised just how poor isn't because of a lack of knowledge, it's simply because of a lack of interest.

Still, you'll get over it. :)

I forgot, if it isn't your beloved Liverpool you're not interested.
yep, spot on - which is why I watch about double the number of Arsenal matches. :)

But yeah, kill me for wanting to watch the good matches and not the dull ones. :lol:

I bet your fav is Bolton vs Stoke, and you were gutted when Bolton were relegated.

Or you get offered free tickets (that don't materialise) to watch Aldershot.
I've never tried to get freebie Aldershot tix, and only once in my life have I been given some (and they were because my kid's childminder's hubby was the [new] club's secretary or something). This was about 15 years ago.

I didn't even ask for any or be given any when I worked for the (old) club's Chairman for about 6 months.

The only other free footie tickets that I've been involved in (but didn't get) were for Cheltenham/Everton recently, which an Everton fan was trying to get tickets by any means (he'd have been happy to pay, as would I) for that match, and who had an ex-pro (a regular efester of over 10 years) he knows say he could get him freebies but didn't deliver,

Glad to see you're keeping up your accuracy. :)

Edited by eFestivals

Im not sure what to make of the result of el classico. From one perspecitve any game between the 2 teams will be treated serioulsy. However I also suspect (with la liga won) that Barcelona are completely focussed on the 2nd leg against Milan and possibly willing to let the cup go. i also wonder if Vilanovas absence has hit them more than expected.

As for Bale, I have heard a few people on forums thinking he could end up at Man Utd. While they could afford him, Im not sure they would pay a £30 milion plus transfer fee and I think they would be reluctant to have another player on wages at the level of Rooney and RVP. My suspicion is that he will stay put if spurs get top 4, however if he does move domestically I could only see City as a potential destination.

You'd think with La Liga won Barca would go for the cup as well though. It's not like the second leg against Milan is in just a few days.

I can't see Bale staying if Spurs don't get top 4. In fact I think if they only scrape it they'll struggle to keep him.

Man U are seriously short of wingers though. Nani, Valencia, Ashley Young are ALL in bad form, and you get the impression over the last 18 months that Nani's time has come and he's going to get sold in the summer. I can seriously see them selling 2 of those to free up wages to get Bale. I think City are more likely, but I wouldn't rule the Mancs out.

I still reckon Bayern's more likely though. Robben's unhappy and will probably go, which would cover Bale's wage and a fair whack of the fee. Bale's at his best when switching around behind a striker as well, so Bayern's 4-2-3-1 would suit. Real maybe, but I think they'll be more likely to look for a striker than a winger. Other German clubs might try and lay a claim, Dortmund using the Levandovski funds?