• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• eFestivals

• pink_triangle

• thetime

• strummer77

The great news - Today Wrexham reached their first ever wembley final.

The bad news - I cant go to the final as it falls when I am on holiday for a week!

As for the premiership Everton are fading as happens to most teams around February who are lacking in squad depth. As for QPR am I the only one who gets the impression that Arry doesnt really seem that arsed. The passion that he had at spurs has completely drained away, as if he knew that would be his only chance at a biggish team. He looks like someone who is just there for the pay cheque.

The great news - Today Wrexham reached their first ever wembley final.

The bad news - I cant go to the final as it falls when I am on holiday for a week!

As for the premiership Everton are fading as happens to most teams around February who are lacking in squad depth. As for QPR am I the only one who gets the impression that Arry doesnt really seem that arsed. The passion that he had at spurs has completely drained away, as if he knew that would be his only chance at a biggish team. He looks like someone who is just there for the pay cheque.

I was very happy to see swansea win, a great reward for a team who is run the right way, play the right football and take tournaments seriously. I expected a one sides final, Bradford may have got past arsenal and villa but both of those teams had suspect confidence. I always felt swansea would be a lot stronger and also more competitive from set pieces with players like Ashley Williams. Stories like Bradford make great headlines but I generally hope they move out of the way before the final leading to a more competitive match. Also think its terrible the league cup final wasnt on terrestrial tv, another certain way to result in a further loss of public interest.

I am sure it normally is on BBC. That said, I think the League Cup has had a lot more interest in it over the past few years than I can really remember. Even Arsenal fielded a strong team in the competition, just they lost. Liverpool were beaten by Swansea with an iffy team, which was disappointing as I would like to go for it.

Perhaps with the richest clubs holding a firm grip on the top spots in the league clubs are rediscovering the fun of cups. I think its games not happening at the so-called "business end" of the season also helps massively. I certainly don't see the games as getting in the way of the league.