Football 2012-2013

Guest kaosmark2

What a horrible comparison.

Nani was fully aware of his actions and in complete control of his leg. How its a red card offence when Arbeloa comes from behind him to challenge I have no idea.

It's a perfect comparison, and gets to show how laughable the claims of it not being reckless are.

He wasn't fully aware of his actions. But I'll go with what you say here for a moment, which means he deliberately kicked arbeloa - which means he gets sent of for that serious foul play. :lol:

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• eFestivals

• pink_triangle

• thetime

• strummer77

Er instead of consulting the dictionary you'd be better off reading the laws of the game under which last nights match was played. The law regarding playing in a dangerous manner I've already quoted from in this thread.

the rule you've made up and which is nothing like the rules read out of the rule book last night. :lol:

Point me at the rule book that says it just how you said. Can you? No you can't.

Playing in a dangerous manner involves no physical contact between the players.

complete bull. :lol:

It's a perfect comparison, and gets to show how laughable the claims of it not being reckless are.

He wasn't fully aware of his actions. But I'll go with what you say here for a moment, which means he deliberately kicked arbeloa - which means he gets sent of for that serious foul play. :lol:

I've quoted from both the playing in a dangerous manner law and the serious foul play law.

You have offered nothing. Suggest you do some reading to allow you to offer an opinion based on knowledge rather than idiocy.

here's rules from FIFA:

Playing in a dangerous manner

Playing in a dangerous manner is defined as any action that, while trying to play the ball, threatens injury to someone (including the player himself). It is committed with an opponent nearby and prevents the opponent from playing the ball for fear of injury.

A scissors or bicycle kick is permissible provided that, in the opinion of the

referee, it is not dangerous to an opponent.

Playing in a dangerous manner involves no physical contact between the

players. If there is physical contact, the action becomes an offence punishable

with a direct free kick or penalty kick. In the case of physical contact, the

referee should carefully consider the high probability that misconduct has also

been committed

Nowhere there does it say that dangerous play cannot be called if there's contact.

It merely says that there's the possibility of a further offence after there's been contact.

Contact does not stop dangerous play from being dangerous play. The dangerous play has still happened, an offence in itself.

Here are the FIFA rules

“Careless” means that the player has shown a lack of attention or consideration when making his challenge or that he acted without precaution:

no further disciplinary sanction is needed if a foul is judged to be careless

"Reckless” means that the player has acted with complete disregard of the danger to, or consequences for, his opponent:

a player who plays in a reckless manner shall be cautioned

“Using excessive force” means that the player has far exceeded the necessary use of force and is in danger of injuring his opponent:

a player who uses excessive force shall be sent off

Edited by abdoujaparov

Its a poor and lazy comparison....come on!

It's really not. Something is reckless if the potential consequences are not considered.

That's the only and only definition for reckless.

He was fully aware of his actions. His actions were to control the ball and bring it down into possession.

and in doing so he caused a danger to another player - which is the offence of dangerous play in the rules of football.

After there's contact there's a further offence. The ref can take his pick.

here's rules from FIFA:Nowhere there does it say that dangerous play cannot be called if there's contact.

It merely says that there's the possibility of a further offence after there's been contact.

Contact does not stop dangerous play from being dangerous play. The dangerous play has still happened, an offence in itself.

Edited by TheGayTent

It's really not. Something is reckless if the potential consequences are not considered.

That's the only and only definition for reckless.and in doing so he caused a danger to another player - which is the offence of dangerous play in the rules of football.

After his comment last night I'm glad to see Mourinho is now favourite to replace Fergie, and Moyes has gone out to 11/2.

http://www.olbg.com/next-man-utd-manager.htm

Although some factions of the Goodison faithful seem convinced he's off at the end of the season - if not Man Utd then where?

Edit: Looks like Chelski :(

Edited by 5co77ie

That's the only and only definition for reckless.and in doing so he caused a danger to another player - which is the offence of dangerous play in the rules of football.

You can't even read when you're spoon fed like a child.

You cannot be sent off for playing in a dangerous manner. An indirect free kick is the penalty.

Once contact is made, if further sanctions are to be given they fall under serious foul play.

I can read. I can also properly interpret. :)

There is dangerous play before contact.

And just as you've managed to squeeze in there with your slight revision (you've changed things? That's never happened before :lol:) - "further" - sanctions are available for a further offemnce after the contact has happened.

The dangerous play offence does not evaporate if there's contact. A *futher* offence is committed if there's contact.

so you got it wrong. You know you got it wrong, which is why you've changed things from there cannot be a dangerous play offence if there's been contact to further offences after dangerous play has happened.

So anyway, we're at least on the same page of the FIFA rule book now for that, now you've landed on the page I was already on instead of inventing your own rules. :)

Arbeloa caused danger to himself by challenging Nani for the ball in that situation.

So now Utd players aren't allowed to be approached by other players, because that's those other players causing dangerous play by putting themselves within reach of a Utd player?

I've got carpet burns on my elbows now, from falling on the floor.

I can read. I can also properly interpret. :)

There is dangerous play before contact.

And just as you've managed to squeeze in there with your slight revision (you've changed things? That's never happened before :lol:) - "further" - sanctions are available for a further offemnce after the contact has happened.

The dangerous play offence does not evaporate if there's contact. A *futher* offence is committed if there's contact.

so you got it wrong. You know you got it wrong, which is why you've changed things from there cannot be a dangerous play offence if there's been contact to further offences after dangerous play has happened.

So anyway, we're at least on the same page of the FIFA rule book now for that, now you've landed on the page I was already on instead of inventing your own rules. :)

Edited by TheGayTent

even if it was reckless - and personally I think to be reckless he would need to know that the other player was there - he should not have got a red card...

Yeah, reckless is only when you do somerthing when you know there's bad consequences.

Except the dictionary, UK law, and nothing else goes with that version of what is reckless. Not even football.

Reckless is when the consequences are not considered or ignored; NOT only when they're ignored.

But if you'd like to give me an exemption to give to the old bill, I'll be off out for a drive in my car with my eyes shut later. :P