Bestival 2012

Guest 5co77ie

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I absolutely loved all the sub headliners last year (still feels like it was this year, how is it 2012 already...)

The whole of Friday night was completely perfect to me, Chromeo was a complete success, I swear EVERYONE in that field was dancing and then was it Beat a Maxx after? That was so good. Magnetic Man were amazing as well.

Friday night was incredible, three great acts in a row on the main stage followed by Skrillex in the tent then Feed Me somewhere else. A lot of people on here would hate that but personally the only time I watched more than 2 bands in a row last summer.

Didn't think Magnetic Man would be able to pull it off on the main stage.

Will be a first time visitor to Bestival this year.

Can get the train to Southampton direct from Oxford, so should be ok to get there.

But what is this about 5 hr queues for ferries? Is that just people who haven't pre-booked? Any tips on making the journey as hassle free as possible?

Just go as a foot passenger from Portsmouth to Ryde. You don't need a car. I get a train ticket from my train station in Surrey to Ryde Pier which gets you across on the ferry. With railcard it was less than £40 on the day. Barely any queues on way out & about an hour coming back. Glasto style double decker shuttle bus from Ryde to the site is about £5.

Don't tell anyone else though as it'll be a nightmare this year.

Yoda AV show, Jaguar Skills, David Rodigan & would like to see Camo & Krooked. The Cuban Brothers again!!!

Quite a few from Camp Bestival played Bestival last year but as they are DJs nobody would mind seeing them as repeat bookings as no doubt they will be playing different set lists or are legends etc.

Kool & the Gang would be sick.

Add a few Hospital Records DJs (London Electricity, Nu:Tone), DJ Zinc, Brookes Brothers, Modestep, Midnight Beast, something like that & I'd be happy.