Bestival 2012

Guest 5co77ie

Just noticed on Rob's twitter that someone asked about the fancy dress theme and he replied it was an easy theme. Someone then asked a further question about it been a Sigur Ros theme (very random question if you ask me) and then someone followed it up asking him to promise that there's no Radiohead or Sigur Ros there. His reply to both was 'no comment!'. I've noticed he's said a few acts are definitely not playing (including Radiohead) so maybe Sigur Ros is an option? Might be reading into nothing but must say I'd love them to be there.

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just noticed on Rob's twitter that someone asked about the fancy dress theme and he replied it was an easy theme. Someone then asked a further question about it been a Sigur Ros theme (very random question if you ask me) and then someone followed it up asking him to promise that there's no Radiohead or Sigur Ros there. His reply to both was 'no comment!'. I've noticed he's said a few acts are definitely not playing (including Radiohead) so maybe Sigur Ros is an option? Might be reading into nothing but must say I'd love them to be there.

Edited by Joe-

Perhaps they just didn't want to play Coachella, they don't really need to play after all. Maybe they'd prefer Bestival if they've looked into what kind of vibe is going. Or maybe not. If Rob is able to get Daft Punk he'll be the champion of champions.

Someone said that a few weeks ago Rob said that Radiohead wont be appearing, which means Sigur Ros could be the act to expect (YES).

Saying that, though. Rob said that Bjork wasn't going to play last year, but she did.

I wonder where Sigur Ros would play? Big Top would be incredible, as would main stage. Not sure they'd be big enough to headline though.

Florence, New Order and Arcade Fire as headliners

Animal Collective, Sigur Ros and Orbital as big top headliners.

I really really can't see Arcade Fire been there. I reckon they'd only play somewhere if they had a new record out and they won't have one out for this year. They didn't play in-between Neon Bible and The Suburbs and they don't strike me as a band who would even if festivals were offering them the chance.

I can see Florence been there. I can see New Order ending up at either Latitude or Bestival.

Tbh I reckon Sigur Ros would actually headline. They are a pretty big band and I'm not sure they'll be anywhere else so an exclusive could make a headline appearance more appealing. I don't really know about Bestival's past line ups too much but I'd hazard a guess that they won't be in the Big Top. I'd say they're definitely too big for that.

Daft Punk definitely won't be there.

Yeah, you're pretty right. But a girl can dream for Arcade Fire.

Sigur Ros is a tough one, I mean you'd have thought Primal Scream were too big for Big top but they were in there still, and it wasn't too bad. I hope Sigur Ros play anywhere though.

Someone said that a few weeks ago Rob said that Radiohead wont be appearing, which means Sigur Ros could be the act to expect (YES).

Saying that, though. Rob said that Bjork wasn't going to play last year, but she did.

I wonder where Sigur Ros would play? Big Top would be incredible, as would main stage. Not sure they'd be big enough to headline though.

Florence, New Order and Arcade Fire as headliners

Animal Collective, Sigur Ros and Orbital as big top headliners.

Edited by Prawnofthedead

I really really can't see Arcade Fire been there. I reckon they'd only play somewhere if they had a new record out and they won't have one out for this year. They didn't play in-between Neon Bible and The Suburbs and they don't strike me as a band who would even if festivals were offering them the chance.

I can see Florence been there. I can see New Order ending up at either Latitude or Bestival.

Tbh I reckon Sigur Ros would actually headline. They are a pretty big band and I'm not sure they'll be anywhere else so an exclusive could make a headline appearance more appealing. I don't really know about Bestival's past line ups too much but I'd hazard a guess that they won't be in the Big Top. I'd say they're definitely too big for that.

Daft Punk definitely won't be there.

Florence not big or good enough to headline imo - couple of decent songs on first album - average 2nd...cant believe they are on an arena tour tbh.

Florence is shit and doesn't deserve to headlined anywhere.

But to say she's not big enough to headline is laughable. She headlined a fest of very nearly Bestival's size two years ago, and shes bigger now than then.

I am not saying big F and the machine are not big enough to headline a festival of bestivals size - i am saying that in my opinion, they are not big enough to headline BESTIVAL.

the types who are attracted to Bestival would in the main lap up Flo and her scream machine like a kitty to milk.

She's a perfect fit for the audience, tho perhaps not such a perfect fit for the sorts of things that Rob aims at.

Florence is shit and doesn't deserve to headlined anywhere.

But to say she's not big enough to headline is laughable. She headlined a fest of very nearly Bestival's size two years ago, and shes bigger now than then.

the types who are attracted to Bestival would in the main lap up Flo and her scream machine like a kitty to milk.

She's a perfect fit for the audience, tho perhaps not such a perfect fit for the sorts of things that Rob aims at.

Edited by Prawnofthedead

Would love to see Friendly Fires play an evening set on the Main Stage. Big enough for 3rd?

I really wouldn't care if Flo headlined or not, there'd probably be a belter of an act in Big Top or some dirty wob wob basslines to dance to elsewhere. Stop moaning, it's getting boring to read (& yes Pendulum were a decent headliner last year, did a better set than Glasto & GG).