Bestival 2012

Guest 5co77ie

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally, I really don't like Chase & Status - the only song that I do like of theirs is 'Hocus Pocus' and that's purely down to the fact it sounds like Roni Size could have released it about 15 years ago. Otherwise it's just that irritating wobbly sound of Radio 1 to my ears; music for people in shellsuits to play whilst eating a KFC in their Citroen Saxo. Skrillex is in the same boat for me; sort of music Fearne Cotton would say is "literally, like, brilliant".

But that's just me anyway. No such thing as good or bad music; just music you like and don't like. I could see them headlining Bestival for the same reason Pendulum did; Rob taking a risk with a bit of a marmite act; but you'll find me in the Big Top watching Mazzy Star when they're on, or in the Psychedelic Worm with The Black Angels or Brian Jonestown Massacre. Great thing about Bestival is there'll always be an alternative.

One act will be announced at roughly 10:30 - 11am tomorrow. I assume it'll be a headliner.

I honestly don't mind who any given headliner is as long as there is always something great going on somewhere else. Friday night last year was a case in point: I wasn't bothered about Pendulum so I went to the Sailor Jerry stage and saw Frank Turner, among others (and he was so awesome, I saw him again in Bournemouth just two months later!)

Having said that, my life would be complete if Arcade Fire played, and Mercury Rev supported them.

Edited by JMN