Bestival 2012

Guest 5co77ie

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't say I'm a massive Orbital fan, I do quite enjoy some of their music anddo agree that they're a very good booking.

As for the fancy dress theme, I'm thinking of either dressing as David Belamy or perhaps wearing an Elephant Posing Pouch. depends on the weather I suppose.

Edited by rexclark

Like you Dave I arrived, fresh faced in the morning with a list of who I wanted to see. I think out of about 30 acts in total, I saw maybe 10 max? It wasn't even because of the geography, it's more that as I wandered around I'd find something amazing, whether it was another band or an event. I wasn't too gutted as I thought to myself, I really enjoyed what I was doing instead of being at the place I was meant to be.

With me it was, "OK, I absolutely must see Zola Jesus in the Big Top, and I'd really like to see her whole set but the Bandstand is over the other side of the forest and Daughter is on there at the same time..." - the distance between the two, of course, was at least a 20-30 minute trek, and by the time I'd soaked up enough of Zola Jesus, Daughter's set would probably be over so I just stayed in the Big Top until I could be arsed to go and see Emeralds.That was the story of the whole festival for me -- all the bands I saw were a matter of priority and I don't think there was a single point over the course of the weekend where I actually sat down until I was so exhausted (and pissed) on sunday night that I more or less dropped dead watching Rainbow Arabia.

There were so many amazing bands on that line-up it was just impossible to see them all, so I narrowed it down to maybe 30 bands I absolutely 'had' to see. Planned it out on the Thursday, had it all on my phone, and it was still fucked come Friday morning. My biggest regret at Bestival though was not seeing Health.

But you know what, fuck it. We've got 2012 to look forward to now. More regrets to follow.

it's more that as I wandered around I'd find something amazing, whether it was another band or an event. I wasn't too gutted as I thought to myself, I really enjoyed what I was doing instead of being at the place I was meant to be.

I didn't dress up this year, was on the road for 9 weeks before going straight to Bestival plus flying home (plus I fly up/down every year) means space is limited and budget is tight by end of summer season.

Though I did wear fancy dress in 2010 as someone brought it for me :)

I didn't dress up this year, was on the road for 9 weeks before going straight to Bestival plus flying home (plus I fly up/down every year) means space is limited and budget is tight by end of summer season.

Though I did wear fancy dress in 2010 as someone brought it for me :)