Bestival 2012

Guest 5co77ie

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

from what you're saying and the experience you seem to want of them, then if I were you I'd definitely swerve Bestival as the place to see them.

I like Bestival a lot. The crowd in the main suit the festival, and it works very well.

But Rob's bookings - which in my opinion are fantastic - are often too diverse for the sort of crowd it attracts, and end up being mostly wasted on an awful lot of them, who want to take pills and dance to bleeps, or who want to see the sort of acts they'll hear on daytime mainstream radio.

I've seen some fantastic and rare bookings attract just handful of people, but most of all I've noticed the look of confusion (mostly soon followed by an exit to elsewhere on site) about some VERY famous acts on so very many of the crowd. It saddens me.

Listened to Bestival Radio 2012 Podcast and heres what RDB was saying....

More stages open on the Thursday i.e Psychedelic Worm

Gary Numan plays below Hot Chip who headline the Big Top Friday

Soulwax play Main Stage Friday, and 2 Many DJs play Big Top Friday

The Xx sub headline Main Stage Friday

Horrors play Friday Big Top after Doom

Warpaint on Main Stage Friday

Annie Mac Presents in Big Top on Saturday night

Sister Sledge play Main Stage Saturday

TDCC sub headline Main Stage Saturday

Orbital play Sunday Big Top

Spiritulized play Sunday Big Top

Sigur Ros sub headline Main Stage on Sunday

Justice play the Big Top (Saturday?)

If tomorrow is the big announcement, any of these and I'll be happy: Black Keys, Justice, Band of Skulls, Queens of the Stone Age, Pixies, Exit Calm, Twisted Wheel, Beardyman, Eric Prydz, 2ManyDJs, Chase & Status, The Horrors, Maya Jane Coles, Magnetic Man, DJ Yoda.

And a couple hail Mary's: Daft Punk, Chemical Brothers

It'll be my first Bestival so I don't really know what to expect but if you guys say it's awesome, that's good enough for me!

For me, Bestival was the winner because of the huge amount of effort Rob and Josie put in to make it fun, unique, boutique and a massive festival that some how feels really intimate.

It would help if you used words that you knew the meaning of if you want your words to be taken seriously.

The actual fact of the matter is that Rob and Josie put in a huge amount of ever-increasing efforts to make it NOT boutique.

Edited by eFestivals

I know it doesn't help you or your situation but I'll reassure you in saying that most people over the age of 18 see the common sense in justifying how shit these rules are, and you're not alone in having complaints. Essentially, a 15 year old reported a rape/sexual assault last year - the rules are there apparently to keep you safe but in doing so more or less cripple your chances of having a great time without somebody over the age of 30 there to be responsible for you holding your hand at all times. It's patronising and it's overly cautious.

How security are going to be has yet to be seen but I'd imagine it's going to be tough getting into the festival initially. Once in, however, I reckon it'll be fine. Security were great at Bestival last year.