Will Pearl Jam ever play Glasto

Guest swede

yea they are saying it BUT thats no the same as it happening is it aagaggaggaggggg......i HAVE to think like this cos otherwise id be gutted every year because like Led Zep and Pink F ect [ and dafty punky lol ] PJ are always rumoured to play .

DJL old son im liking the new album i just wish it was in my hands because theres a lot talk about the vinyl not being any good and 10club having to ship new copys out so i dont want to miss out .

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see Soundgarden are supporting Black Sabbath:

http://www.eventim.de/black-sabbath-sommer-shows-2014-Tickets.html?affiliate=ZEE&doc=artistPages%2Ftickets&fun=artist&action=tickets&erid=953689&xtcr=1&xtmc=Black+Sabbath

correction: appearing in Berlin, Munich and Stuttgart, in Germany until the 24th but not on the 26th June - making a Pearl Jam appearance very unlikely.

Could they swap from Soundgarden to Pearl Jam in under a week?

Edited by 5co77ie

http://www.eventim.de/black-sabbath-sommer-shows-2014-Tickets.html?affiliate=ZEE&doc=artistPages%2Ftickets&fun=artist&action=tickets&erid=953689&xtcr=1&xtmc=Black+Sabbath

correction: appearing in Berlin, Munich and Stuttgart, in Germany until the 24th but not on the 26th June - making a Pearl Jam appearance very unlikely.

They're definitely a headline act - have been successfully at the isle of wight, reading, hard rock calling and around the world (surprised they've never headlined download)... but i can't see it at glastonbury now for the reasons people have

stated.

Looking back on recent headliners they've either been legends, had considerable/recent mainstream success (sales and radioplay etc) and/or have singalong songs that everybody knows. Pearl jam don't entirely apply to any of those sadly.

If they'd stopped after vs and recently reformed they might (absurdly) have more of a chance but i'd say the only reason the stone roses have been able to do so is because they were SO huge in the UK the first time around which PJ never really were...

Edited by DJL

i can sort of see wot your saying about people not knowing some of there stuff but they have such a huge back log that im positive they would be a great headline act .

i would be gutted if i heard people slagging a band like Pearl jam off who have been around for 20 years plus being part of a whole new age of music BEFORE pearl jam became pearl jam [ green river,motherlovebone,temple of the dog. ] when people are happy to see mumfords that have had 2 albums and have only been around for 5/6 years .

and yes i even get the point that most people only know 10 or Vs but who REALLY new alot of neil young stuff ????pearl jam and NY have worked together for over 15 years and it was neil young that told them to do there own stuff and not to pander to the record companies .[ its in there book ] hence not alot of people GOT!!!!! pearl jams next 3/4 albums which imo are some of there best work ...

any way if they play i reckon itll be great lets face it quite alot of people [younger ones] didnt get niel young when HE headlined and he WAS AMAZING better than the stones and U2 imo ...

soz for rant well wasnt a rant but i may come across as a rant cos im not a big writer so there .............night all

peace and cider im gonna dream of mushrooms tonight lol :beach::sarcastic: