Will Pearl Jam ever play Glasto

Guest swede

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 months later...

Speaking as a Pilton local who goes to Glasto every year who is also mad about Pearl Jam and a member of Ten Club, I for one would love to see them at Glastonbury. For me it would mark a crowning moment which would not at all dissapoint non followers of the band. Lightning Bolt just released, THE Festival Band, what more does Glastonbury need.

Pearl Jam piss me off. Used to be a big fan, but most of their output is now just middle of the road bon-jovi/foo fighters dad rock. I got excited when I heard 'Mind Your Manners'. Thought they were taking on a punkier edge. But no, new album is dull. I'd see them if they were at a festival, but I think I'd be bored.

well if you think you would be bored then why watch them ..i can see your point the backspacer album wasnt there best and lightning bolt imo is a nice mix but yea i was hoping they were going to go a bit harder but at least its different no 2 albums are the same ...please dont put them in the same cat as bon jovi old son thats just WRONG lol

the thing is alot of people only know PJ from Ten and Vs and thats all they know but PJ are alot more than that .

im going to be listening to LB all day today and im gonna let it sink in and get to know the songs the words and feel the music thats wot PJ is about ...............................where as bon jovi is just shite lolllllllloooolll no offence intended to BJ fans yak yak of to do some D.I.fucking.Y god i hate it byeee

• 3 weeks later...

LOTS OF TALK ON 10CLUB ABOUT THEM PLAYING

Olivavu wrote:Glastonbury have said that the three headliners will be bands that haven't played before.

Fleetwood Mac were a big rumour, but they've been postponing/cancelling dates due to illness, so they may not make it.

Depeche Mode are another rumour.

And...Pearl Jam.

Not sure they would fit in as a Pyramid band. Maybe The Other Stage, if they decide to play.

I spoke to Melvin Benn at Reading 2008 and he said Glastonbury have been trying to get PJ for years.

COULD HAPPEN OLD SONS

soz for shouting btw