Things that ur happy about

BlackHole2006

In reality well done. It must be extremely hard for a young person (in their 20's) to think they may have a problem and have the balls to do something about it. After I read your story the other week you really have my respect and admiration. Well done :-)

I've come to the conclusion recently that as a 28 year old man I probably have a problem with various substances.I've mentioned it to one other person on here and tonight I finally opened up and admitted it to a friend who was understanding and great about it but the end comment was "You don't have a problem,we just like to Cain it".I guess that's how most people I know will react if I say it.I've decided I want to attend counseling and meetings about it as I know I have a problem and want to change.Thing is I function well and I doubt anyone realizes but at the age of 28 I've come to realize I've never really lived life,it always revolves around not being sober.

@metallimuse, hope it works out for you.

I have drunk less than 20 units of alcohol in the last 2 years and have quit smoking (everything). I had started to have concern as to whether these things were causing me any issues.

As luck would have it, they weren't. My physical and mental health remain unchanged, but I do feel "brighter" and I don't miss hangovers. Right now I am weaning myself off morphine and when that's done I'll be like a bloody monk :)

My "happy" news is: I am going back to work tomorrow! Fuck yes.

I'm really grateful both to those who have provided advice and support around here as well as those who have put up with me spamming the fuck out of this forum in utter boredom for the last couple of months. Cheers lads and lasses.

• Upvote 1

Going out to Canary Wharf tonight to see what's going down there. Hope the bars aren't too Sw*nky Mcw*nky, but I'm not holding out for much, as it is Canary Wharf.

Late now but I saw and though I'd chime in about it, as I frequent it on a friday :P

Best place is the Spoons (Well Lloyds No 1. Bar which means it has music, quite good on a friday), everywhere else actually around Canary Wharf is a bit shit :P apart from The Cat and Canary but that's a bit on the expensive side but decent if your only out for a a couple of pints. There's a pub opposite Crossharbor called the George (I think?) which is decent but I wouldn't go there unless you know a regular :P

I secured Muse tickets this morning from the production seats so I am happy :D

Late now but I saw and though I'd chime in about it, as I frequent it on a friday tongue.png

Best place is the Spoons (Well Lloyds No 1. Bar which means it has music, quite good on a friday), everywhere else actually around Canary Wharf is a bit shit tongue.png apart from The Cat and Canary but that's a bit on the expensive side but decent if your only out for a a couple of pints. There's a pub opposite Crossharbor called the George (I think?) which is decent but I wouldn't go there unless you know a regular tongue.png

Thanks for this, we didn't end up going to Canary Wharf as it was a bit late when we went out as my mate kept on holding us up so but the time we went out it was too late to think about wandering around London looking for somewhere to drink! In the end we went out to Angel to this really horribly overpriced cocktail bar, and my mate kept on buying these fishbowls that were ridiculously expensive.

I think we're going to use the weekends to explore new places so when we go to Canary Wharf which is a must do for us, we'll bare in mind that if all else fails there's a Spoons!

100% agree, if you are a suit you will be happy but everyone else will fucking hate it.

My dad a builder enjoys it over there more than me :lol: Main reason i go is its about 15 minutes on the DLR for me and without a decent local it provides a quick place to go for a couple.

There is a high percentage of actual c**ts in suits there mind.

I did find a fairly nice and reasonable cocktail bar in Shoreditch the other week if your looking for places, it's called the Shoreditch and is on Shoreditch High Street (just bit further along from the underground overground station before you get to Cargo). Happy hour before 10, with 2 for 10 quid cocktails which are pretty decent. (They had a beer offer to, something like 5 bottles for a tenner ) Nicely set out, with fragranced candles and stuff :P and some seats outside for smokers :P

Grats feral and good luck blackhole2006, try not to have too many confidence boosters before hand :)

Finally back at work, after all the hassle, all the stress, all the problems, they just ended up doing exactly what I had been asking for all along. Recovery here I come.