Things that ur happy about

BlackHole2006

Grats feral and good luck blackhole2006, try not to have too many confidence boosters before hand smile.png

Finally back at work, after all the hassle, all the stress, all the problems, they just ended up doing exactly what I had been asking for all along. Recovery here I come.

Nice one, hope you enjoy being back at work :)

I am, apart from having to answer emails from the general public being a reminder that a large proportion of the population of this country need to be shot in the face for the good of our future.

I work in a contact centre, and our customers are surprisingly well behaved, considering.

Heh, me too (well, in a manner of speaking, a contact centre sort of sprung up around us over the years, we were the internet fulfilment department of a major retailer).

Today I had such classics as:

I arrived at your store at 8:40, the staff stood outside smoking told me the store didn't open til 9. You have lost a £200 sale. What are you going to do about it?

and a 17 line paragraph, with no punctuation. None. Which also ended with the question "what are you going to do about it?"

The answer to both was: find another email to answer rather than get into a downward spiral argument with unreasonable people :P

efests has had a stream of emails from daily mail types this summer, who've thought we run the festivals on their doorsteps that have pissed them off.

I've enjoyed writing back to them and pointing out the flaws in their reasoning (because they have no reasoning other than "I should get what I want") ... and more than that, I've enjoyed the emails from the festivals that have annoyed them, thanking me for saying to those people what the organisers cannot say. :lol:

haha you should publish exerts from the best ones and run a poll for the most amusing :D

I've tried to think if there's any way that I could use them, but I think it's fair to say that the person writing to me has a reasonable expectation of privacy, plus it risks comeback onto the festivals concerned.

But when an email involves anything about how a lady can't enjoy riding her horse as normal, you can pretty much guess the sorts of things the complaint goes on about.

Absolutely loved it tonight. Played a really good set, was a bit nervous but it all went really well. Was a bit patronizing the fact that my friends kept on cheering me really loudly and drowned out the entire crowd in my performance, but all in all it was a brilliant night, just have to remember next time not to bring any patronizing friends along that's all. Am planning on getting way more gigs in Camden than this though, but thought it was a very positive experience, and a massive learning curve in terms of me being a credible performer around the Camden area. A real eye opener.

There were some pretentious arseholes tonight, who thought they were better than everyone else, were telling these really intricate well "rehearsed" stories about what there songs were written about etc. But with me I just got on and did it really, and I think I've done myself justice tonight.

Edited by BlackHole2006
  • Upvote 1

efests has had a stream of emails from daily mail types this summer, who've thought we run the festivals on their doorsteps that have pissed them off.

I've enjoyed writing back to them and pointing out the flaws in their reasoning (because they have no reasoning other than "I should get what I want") ... and more than that, I've enjoyed the emails from the festivals that have annoyed them, thanking me for saying to those people what the organisers cannot say. laugh.png

In a similar vain, this guy is my new hero. Read his responses to his bad reviews. As some one who works in tourism (but for a big company, so has to follow the corporate line) I think I have a bit of a man-crush. I actually went there based purely on his responses to his bad reviews, rather than the good ones. Probably not what Tripadvisor had in mind

http://www.tripadvis...re_England.html

I think this one is one of my favs

HI! thanks for your review, I dreadfully sorry that you chose a mince pie off our menu and it contained mince! and did not have any chunks of veg in it.

i think this happened because when we make mince pies we tend to use minced meat and not vegetables. obviously we will be looking at our supplier to make sure the minced meat we buy is minced and not chunks.

out of our full range of pies two of them contain minced meat and it is stated on the menu (although the word mince in the title usually tips people off to the possibility of mince being in a pie)

on a side note, please share with tripadvisor were your getting fish and chips for £4.99 in Whitby and i will buy us both a portion :)

hopefully my fish wont have any fish meat in it or vegetables, but it pays to ask.

sorry if this review doesn't contain chunks of vegetables

(its really good too, so if you are in Whitby, worth a visit)

Edited by philipsteak

Nice, the way the internet is supposed to work. If someone posts a review that is just a jumped up little git trying to sound important, shouldn't the reviewee* have a right or response like this?

*made up word

Ideally yes, and Tripadvisor lets you, but most of the time, especially when you work for a big company you can't do it. They tend to discourage calling the public idiots. Even if they are. I've had a few reviews whcih have been bad, but fair. But as that guy says a few times, if you let us know at the time we can do something about it. Nobody is perfect 100% of the time. Bitching and moaning about it after on the internet afterwards means you've gone away un-happy and there's nowt we can do about it. But then there's the ones which are at best, people with crazy expectations, or at worse, out and out lies (or just out and out crazies). Sometimes I almost feel its best to leave those one's alone. Yes it means you have a bad review, but people are getting a bit cleverer with these sites and know to spot (and ignore) the crazies.

Damn straight. I'm lucky in my job that the emails I answer from customers relate, in general, to situations which involve reasonable people. It was just a slow day yesterday so I was dipping into the general customer service emails for the stores, which are the tail end of your sentence describing people :) Reading those emails makes a man a little cynical about the world :)

This might not be the place to say & I'm not looking for anyone's help or sympathy but I've got nowhere else or no one else to say this to but...I'm happy because I attended my first Narcotics Anonymous meeting tonight.Sort of.Meeting started at 8finished at 9:30,I stood outside not having the balls to go in until 9:10 when someone left early and gave me the gentle prod to go in and not be scared.It was such a minor thing in his life I'm sure but it has meant so much to me.

I'm sat here alone in floods of tears because despite the fact I had identified I had a problem I hadn't really admitted it to myself and believed it.I do now.I think I've probably hit rock bottom but atleast I'm now dealing with it.So yeah..sorry to unload but focusing on this has atleast steadied me lol.

It was a big step and I'm nowhere near out of the woods.In fact in all honesty I'm sat here having a drink now purely because it was left over in my fridge.I've kind of justified it in my head by saying now I know I have a problem & want to change this is my final one,battle starts tomorrow to not put myself in this position.Also justifying it by thinking atleast its not narcotics but I know that this is it.If I indulge again I'm kidding myself...also there's a small part jokingly saying that I'm Scottish and the idea of pouring booze away seems a waste of money lol.Atleast writing the last message stopped the tears.

I'm terrified of eventually having to tell my friends,especially my best friend.I don't know how she will take it and I can't help but feel like I've been dishonest with her even though I haven't tried to be,I've just covered up the extent of my using.If I lose her I will genuinely feel so alone.I know sponsors and phone lines are there for support and to talk but I really want her to be there which I think is probably wrong of me.I should stand alone and face up to it.I don't need her to help but I think I just need to know she's there.

My life is going to change so massively which is what I want but its so fucking scary.I hope I can do it without having to remove myself from the places I go and people I see as that seems such a depressing thought that at the age of 28 I have to start all over again.I love my friends and they've done nothing wrong,I want to keep them in my life but I need to change myself.I hope they can understand.

I think part of the reason I used though is I never put myself first,I always think of my friends and family and take care of them first and foremost.Using seemed like my reward.I think 'deserting' me,although maybe just a choice of word with nothing behind it,is extreme.I certainly wouldn't blame her for pulling away as me coming to her and saying this IS a very shocking thing and hard to take on board.I do feel in some way I haven't exactly been honest with her so maybe she could think I'm not the person she thought I was.

I don't know,I'm more rational and analytical about the situation right now after getting my emotions out earlier and posting here.It's gunna be a long road ahead and as you say it will be a slow process.If she does pull away I wouldn't blame her and just hope that eventually she can come to terms with it and forgive me so we can be friends again at some point otherwise it'll end up as one of those big regrets in life.

My youngest lad seems to be really settling into college. More importantly he seems to be enjoying it. It still means that I will be supporting him until he is 20 but I can just manage.

Also I am beginning to feel a lot better now as well. Going to give work a ring later to see he there is the odd shift a week to ease myself back into it. It will be hard going as I literally have spent the last couple of months on the sofa.