Best ever Glastonbury act?

Guest wiltshireham

I am a real newcomer to Glastonbury (2010 will hopefully be my 3rd year) and am interested to poll opinion on peoples "best ever Glastonbury" act?

I have the Glasto DVD and the Faithless set (not sure what year it was) looked outstanding.

Wwere you there?

For me it was Glasvegas last year in the John Peel tent - just fantastic.

What has been your best ever Glasto act?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am a real newcomer to Glastonbury (2010 will hopefully be my 3rd year) and am interested to poll opinion on peoples "best ever Glastonbury" act?

I have the Glasto DVD and the Faithless set (not sure what year it was) looked outstanding.

Wwere you there?

Wwere you there?

I would no doubt forget as many as I remember................you'd think if they were that amazing you would remember but somehow after a few years it all blurs a bit!

I don't think I'll bother with years - The Chemical brothers have been amazing every time I've seen them, but the first time (for me) in 1997 stands out, as does 2000 down the front.

Pulp - whenever - a perfect Glastonbury band!

Dreadzone - ditto - but my most recent (2008) when I chose them in The Glade over some amazing headliners elsewhere, and managed to persuade my other half, who had never heard of them, to come with me was the best. It was just great that he was blown away too -and helped me to know I'd made the right choice!

Stumbling across Hazel O'Connor in Avalon in 2004 and her being unexpectedly brilliant. To be at Glastonbury in my 40s remembering the lyrics from my teenage years - "If I had another chance, I would have the same romance with you, and life..." Thats a Glastonbury moment.

The Marley Brothers for one glorious hour of sunshine in the mire of 2007!

The Happy Mondays on Sunday afternoon in 2000. They were apparently completely shambolic and couldn't even remember the words but we'd been off our heads since the previous wednesday so they just completely matched where our heads were!

Orbital 2003

Awesome, emotional (at the time, grrrr), fantastic end to a fantastic weekend.

But difficult to pick just one.

Blondie, Eddy Grant, Dreadzone (every time they play), Madness, Specials, Groove Armada (few years back), Bowie, Prodigy ('95), Underworld, Reprazent, Orbital (every other time), Manu Chao, Transglobal Underground, there are 2 or 3 every year that come close.

Blur, The Horrors, Franz Ferdinand, Animal Collective, Levellers, The Paddingtons. Admittedly, The Paddingtons aren't a great band but I was walking around Shangri-La and stood in a venue called the pub to catch the end of The Holloways then 10 minutes later on come The Paddingtons who played a blinder to about 50 people going nuts. It was practically a shed and there was crowd surfing, people running on stage then out back. It was chaos and so worth staying up til 3AM to see.

I'm thinking, but none of mine have been headliners

Orbital in 94

Billy Bragg on the acoustic in 95 or so.

the bobby McGees playing the bimble or somewhere last year were brilliant

The rockingbirds, cos I'd waited 15 years to see them

Leonard Cohen was pretty special

the low anthem were amazing last year

The orb in 93 changed a lot of things for me, but pretty much everything did that year, from the tonka sound system to some drumming up the stone circle.

It's a f**king impossible question, really.